Coast 2 Coast Pinball: Official PAF Thread

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
Hey cool, Nate Shivers was there when I was at It Never Drains in Southern California. I didn't know he ran a podcast. I decided to give a listen to his coverage of the event, and sadly, there was no mention of someone in a hat of Rigby from Regular Show.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
nWG2i8L.png
Episode 82 is out, OP updated
nWG2i8L.png

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Great interview with Clay Harrell ( topcast ) in episode 83 out now. Man I wish Clay would start podcasting again, if you haven't listened to the topcast podcasts yet make it a priority.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Great interview with Clay Harrell ( topcast ) in episode 83 out now. Man I wish Clay would start podcasting again, if you haven't listened to the topcast podcasts yet make it a priority.

I have several of his DVD's and they're great as well. I know he said he was retired from making them, but I wish he would have finished his early Bally/Stern solid state repair video. He showed footage of it at Expo several years ago but never released it. Oh well, his Pinball Ninja website is fantastic though.

Can't wait to listen to the new C2C later.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Updated OP. Great episode, was good to listen to Clay outside of the context of interviewing someone. That event should be awesome and everyone who's within spitting distance should go!

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
I enjoyed the interview and laughed when Clay said: "apologize later." I liked hearing about how he built up his collection buying containers of games and only keeping the ones he wants and selling everything else off.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I signed up to the Pinball Ninja website solely because of that interview. After a quick skim, I've discovered that it's an invaluable resource for getting your hands dirty with pinball repair.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I signed up to the Pinball Ninja website solely because of that interview. After a quick skim, I've discovered that it's an invaluable resource for getting your hands dirty with pinball repair.

So the $20 was worth it then? Sounds like a great resource for those actively working on pins. To me, it sounds like it should be a magazine like subscription for those who use it regularly.

Support the community, and it will support you, right? ;)

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
At this point I can't say its worth it because it's been a very quick glance, but I can tell it will be. Only problem I can see happening is finding a generic fix amongst everything. For example, High Speed had a fix for a dead EPROM which could apply to any table, but I don't know how you'd go about finding that fix if you weren't looking at HS specifically.

But I think I'll get a lot of use out of it. $20 is a steal.

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
For Episode 84, he made mention of another Stern re-release. He seems to have left out The Simpsons Pinball Party. Then again, that table seems to be so very abundant that I think all the demand has been met and then some.

By the way, he said that Family Guy/Shrek didn't sell too well. Does anyone know the numbers on those tables or any background on it? By all means, both themes should've sold at least decently. Same with Transformers, of which there are many, many fans out there and should theoretically be appealing to a wide variety of operators.

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
Glad to hear that Nate bought a Tales From The Crypt pinball table. I liked how he went into detail on the transaction and I take his word for what a great table it is. I hope it makes it way on to The Pinball Arcade somewhere down the road.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
nWG2i8L.png
OP has been updated, apologies for the lack of updates to this thread
nWG2i8L.png

Such a great episode, this one. Probably the single-most important highlight from this one is that he's basically locked in a full-length interview/episode with the one and only John Popadiuk! I don't believe he's appeared on any podcast for a significant amount of time (at least, not more than the odd soundbyte or two) so it's a great coup by Nate to have him on. As a designer, I consider him a part of my personal "big three" of designers from the last 30 years. Why? Because he has an obvious reliance on art to dictate the layout of his tables, just as Ritchie does with flow and Lawlor does for stop-go play.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Two new episodes posted in the OP! Nate joins us from Southern Fried Gameroom Expo, looks like a couple of special episodes. Enjoy!

Also, happy birthday to the Coast 2 Coast Pinball podcast! Congratulations to Nate on keeping this thing going for 12 months and over 90 episodes, quality all the way.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
New one up! Also leaving the last few in the OP, just to fill it out a little bit.

Nate's been a busy guy... you all owe it to him (and to pinball!) to reap the rewards of his endless travelling
nWG2i8L.png

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.