Congrats on getting Greenlit on Steam!

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Mike, maybe Valve can help you out with the coding, or someone else, like Zen Studios, since you guys haven't done it before. They're working on getting FX 2 up on Steam as well.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Great news on the green light. Mike how will the kickstarter backers be getting the pre-release build? Will an email be sent out with a voucher, or will there be a Kickstarter only forum for the build like you guys did with the TZ beta?

I'm not sure how we're doing it yet.

Mike, maybe Valve can help you out with the coding, or someone else, like Zen Studios, since you guys haven't done it before. They're working on getting FX 2 up on Steam as well.

I'm not worried about implementing it, just not sure how complicated it is yet. It may take days, or may take weeks to implement.

unclewilly

Feb 20, 2012
im just really hoping for an enhanced lighting engine as the xbox360 version doesnt seem that great to me.

im just happy ill finally get to have the game on my pc

hope its not forever to show up on steam

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
Mike, please, please, please, Big Picture Mode/Full Controller support. D: I wanna play this on my XBMC/Steam machine on my TV without needing the keyboard. :3

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Mike, please, please, please, Big Picture Mode/Full Controller support. D: I wanna play this on my XBMC/Steam machine on my TV without needing the keyboard. :3

I believe the plan is to support Big Picture, not sure what all that entails yet.

Currently it supports playing with mouse, keyboard or joystick, with control mapping as well.

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
I believe the plan is to support Big Picture, not sure what all that entails yet.

Currently it supports playing with mouse, keyboard or joystick, with control mapping as well.

That's awesome news, because I love Steam Big Picture Mode with games that have full controller support. It really turns my HTPC into a full featured game console as well and TPA seems well suited to the gamepad only interface. It just seems to be something plenty of devs ignore, even if they're porting from console to PC/steam. :(

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I have no familiarity with Steam. I'll sign up when PA is on it. What is "Big Picture Mode"? Does that mean fullscreen?

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
I have no familiarity with Steam. I'll sign up when PA is on it. What is "Big Picture Mode"? Does that mean fullscreen?

Big Picture Mode is a '10 Foot Interface' for Steam, basically a full screen, TV/Living Room friendly interface like you'd see on a game console or other TV connected device. It allows steam to be controlled only by a gamepad if you choose. Not all games work best with it, while any Steam game can be launched with BPM some are keyboard only so you'll have to pull out a keyboard for or all of the game. With the games that do have full controller support, you never need your keyboard and you can just play along like it's a game console.

I have XBMC (Home Theater PC software) and Steam on the same machine, trying to build it into the ultimate home entertainment box. (Or as ultimate as an AMD Llano APU can get you. :p )

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I'm sorry if I keep asking questions on info for the PC release. Sometimes I just really want to know what's coming up :)

Did you say you were using the original model or the 2.0 version of TPA?

Still on track for a late May launch (or possibly earlier)? I'm eager to start making videos on TPA :D (And I hope it supports 1680x1050, because any other resolutions won't work with what I use.)

Last edited:

LMA

Jun 14, 2013
Thanks for bringing this to steam the wait is killing me :)

Will Cirqus Voltaire be available for Steam on day one?

Will the tables graphics be improved for PC like higher res textures and better lighting and shadows? I hear the Playstation 4 has a better lighting version of Star Trek coming to it.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.