Congrats on getting Greenlit on Steam!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Mike: As far as texture compression goes, could you add an option so that people can adjust it based on their specs? Most PC games have high, medium, low texture settings, with the high settings having no compression whatsoever. I know it requires extra work, but it would be a great feature and something we're very accustomed to having in other PC games.

If that's not possible, personally I'd like to just have the highest possible textures :)

Last edited:

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Sorry Mike, been reading through the thread and just seen your response.

So basically, the PC version will be a port of the Xbox version? I'm just trying to manage my expectations here! :D

Obviously the extra AA will be nice but I was hoping that we might see more graphic advances over the 360 version, by time it is released. Portrait mode also seems to be a 'must have', as most PC users have mentioned.

I suspected that the recent Space Shuttle screens were from the current PC build, are you able to comment?

Screenshots are from Xbox 360.

Mike: As far as texture compression goes, could you add an option so that people can adjust it based on their specs? Most PC games have high, medium, low texture settings, with the high settings having no compression whatsoever. I know it requires extra work, but it would be a great feature and something we're very accustomed to having in other PC games.

If that's not possible, personally I'd like to just have the highest possible textures :)

Currently we don't have support in our engine for selecting texture sets, so right now it's just the highest possible textures. I'm curious to see how it runs on some older PC's.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Screenshots are from Xbox 360.

Currently we don't have support in our engine for selecting texture sets, so right now it's just the highest possible textures. I'm curious to see how it runs on some older PC's.

I still have a PC sitting around that's running Windows XP SP3, 2.8Ghz Pentium4, 1G RAM, DDR SDRAM with a Geforce FX5200 256MB AGP graphics card. Once the PC beta is out, I'll let you know. :)

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I still have a PC sitting around that's running Windows XP SP3, 2.8Ghz Pentium4, 1G RAM, DDR SDRAM with a Geforce FX5200 256MB AGP graphics card. Once the PC beta is out, I'll let you know. :)

Not sure if the FX5200 supports DX9c and Shader Model 3.0. I think it's DX 9a and Shader Model 2.0

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Not sure if the FX5200 supports DX9c and Shader Model 3.0. I think it's DX 9a and Shader Model 2.0

Thanks for the reminder...I'll have to check on that.

EDIT : Just checked and the FX5200 only supports up to DX9b and Shader Model 2.0, so I guess I won't be able to test The Pinball Arcade on that computer.

Last edited:

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Smooth like crunchy peanut butter I'm guessing. Seriously - this hasn't been tested.
Glad this has had the usual thorough Farsight quality testing before release. (wing and a prayer).

There are plans for Beta's before release. It's not really possible for a small studio to have 1000's of different PC's to test a game on.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
There are plans for Beta's before release. It's not really possible for a small studio to have 1000's of different PC's to test a game on.

I don't expect thousands - but seriously, you must have some old pc's knocking around. I've got 2 here and I'm not a big PC user.
I'm sick to death of patching up my mother in laws first gen pentium for her.

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
I'll answer a bit of this for you.

Both Xbox and PC versions are using Directx 9.0c. So the rendering engines are similar. They both use the same tech for the ball reflections (PS3 is done differently cause of hardware differences.)

The HDR/Bloom is different on all 3 platforms just due to the nature of their hardware.

Both PS3 and Xbox use DXT compression on the textures. PC uses much compression on the textures. Some textures are completely uncompressed.

Lighting model is the same as Xbox 360. I'd like to add some more advanced lighting tech for higher end GPU's.

Anti Aliasing on PC is at a much higher level. 2X on consoles. Depending on GPU I believe it's up to 16x on PC.

This is great news. Can't wait!

Where can I sign up?

freezy

Jun 5, 2012
As you guys have noticed, we've been greenlit on Steam! We expect to be available in just a couple months. Thanks for your patience and for your support in voting for us.

I hope that's a joke.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts