Crowdfunding campagne for Zaccaria Pinball

night

May 18, 2012
As far as backing for a Goldpack; I was one of the early buyers of the Goldpack for the iOS, when Zaccaria just was an app with 3 tables and bad physics. But ASK did deliver, and more so than TPA ever did. ASK released tables fast, updated the physics and gave acces to tweaks behind the scenes, one of the key features. There was a slowdown in the process, not much seem to happen, but after a slow period things got back on track and things are better than ever now. So as far as people who doubt taking a risk, I can say out of experiance that ASK did deliver, and things are still in full delevopment and get better and better.

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
I'd be very interested in a Steam based cabinet version. I'm confused by the idea of limiting the number of cabinet copies that you sell, but if the cabinet support that you include is well implemented ill do whatever I have to do to get one of those copies.

As far as backer rewards go, the most interesting one by far would be early access. Perhaps you could do a raffle for people over a certain price tier, in which they could win a real Zaccharia table or something (just spitballing ideas here)

Last edited:

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
As far as backing for a Goldpack; I was one of the early buyers of the Goldpack for the iOS, when Zaccaria just was an app with 3 tables and bad physics. But ASK did deliver, and more so than TPA ever did. ASK released tables fast, updated the physics and gave acces to tweaks behind the scenes, one of the key features. There was a slowdown in the process, not much seem to happen, but after a slow period things got back on track and things are better than ever now. So as far as people who doubt taking a risk, I can say out of experiance that ASK did deliver, and things are still in full delevopment and get better and better.

^^ great comment Night.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Steam, PS4, and Ps Vita for me. As stated by Night Zsolt and ASK Homework have delivered consistently. There was one short hiatus from updates but on return we had 3 new tables! I will help how I can as should anyone who values quality virtual pinball. This thing has gotten better with every update, with real attention to detail and consideration for the players. They reach out and make sure to incorporate what we at PBAfans ask for. The best update and tech support I have seen for any video game.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Our plan is to start a campaign on one of European crowdfunding pages for Zaccaria Pinball. If you have any idea what rewards we should make, please don't hesitate.

We would like to develop this for the following platforms:
- Steam (Win/Linux/MAC)
- Android
- Playstation 4
- Xbox 360/One
- Cabinet compatible build with dual displays for limited number of copies.
So how has the team gone with the feedback we've given to date about this initiative?

What are your thoughts about the funding initiative for a platform that looked like it was largely ready for beta testing (Android).

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Home consoles would be of great interest to me. I just can't focus without a controller in my hand and analogue nudging. Down with touchscreen controls!

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Our plan is to start a campaign on one of European crowdfunding pages for Zaccaria Pinball. If you have any idea what rewards we should make, please don't hesitate.

We would like to develop this for the following platforms:
- Steam (Win/Linux/MAC)
- Android
- Playstation 4
- Xbox 360/One
- Cabinet compatible build with dual displays for limited number of copies.

Is this your company website?

http://www.askhomework.hu/Welcome/ASK_Homework.html

If so, could you guys use it to hold your own 'kickstarter' to find out true interest in Zacc pinball on other platforms.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
http://www.askhomework.hu/Welcome

If so, could you guys use it to hold your own 'kickstarter' to find out true interest in Zacc pinball on other platforms.
They could even mention Zaccaria Pinball. That would be a first step into marketing.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013

Would it be a true gauge of interest? When people pledge in a KS, there's a level of financial commitment that goes beyond forum posts that say "sure, I'll pay for it".

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I'd really love to see Zaccaria make its way onto other platforms. People's brains will melt getting all 26 (and counting) tables at once. The more successful ASK is the more pinball they can do. Once they finish up with the Zaccs (EMs are next) I'd love to see them go after another cult line like Alvin G.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
... cult line like Alvin G.
That are few.

There are other Italian manufacturers like Dama Milan or the Spanish tables of INDER, Playmatic and Maresa. They aren't that many and I don't know if the license is easy to obtain.

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
I think ASK works way different than FarSight, in where FarSights buys a table and takes it apart. As far as I know ASK has a collaboration with a collector of Zaccaria tables, so all the tables are from 1 source and they don't have to be searched or bought individually. I think in terms of financial possibilities, TPA has way more money to burn and more possibilities in obtaining rights and tables. If ASK could find a collector of a specific cult line who would be willing to work with them then I think it will be more realistic to see this happen. But that's just my 2 cents, ASK never really speaks about the way they work, we don't even know if it is a team at all, perhaps just Zsolt alone! It would be great to hear some ASK background, how stuff is made and done.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
I think ASK works way different than FarSight, in where FarSights buys a table and takes it apart. As far as I know ASK has a collaboration with a collector of Zaccaria tables, so all the tables are from 1 source and they don't have to be searched or bought individually.
That's probable. This site http://www.zaccaria-pinball.hu/en Zaccaria Pinball is in Hungary and there might be some fertile relationship which also involves the Zaccaria brothers.

Mystic Star has now 155 players on the leaderboards. 4 weeks ago only 96.

Last edited:

74-89

May 2, 2014
I think ASK works way different than FarSight, in where FarSights buys a table and takes it apart. As far as I know ASK has a collaboration with a collector of Zaccaria tables, so all the tables are from 1 source and they don't have to be searched or bought individually. I think in terms of financial possibilities, TPA has way more money to burn and more possibilities in obtaining rights and tables. If ASK could find a collector of a specific cult line who would be willing to work with them then I think it will be more realistic to see this happen. But that's just my 2 cents, ASK never really speaks about the way they work, we don't even know if it is a team at all, perhaps just Zsolt alone! It would be great to hear some ASK background, how stuff is made and done.

I think the ASK team has about 10 members, and Zsolt works on art and testing. I'm sure there are other pinball projects they would like to do but almost anything chosen would be a step backward from Zaccaria, artistically speaking. These really are psychedelic pinball art. Lorenzo Rimondini was a genius! Great artist and table designer.

Perhaps a package that follows a particular favorite pinball artist through machines by various different companies? I don't know anything about the licensing or what is involved there. Still think the Taitos would be nice if that could be pulled off. But like I said...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.