Crowdfunding campagne for Zaccaria Pinball

74-89

May 2, 2014
Many VP and FP tables are made by one person alone. You need the engine (UI and libraries) running, naturally.

Yes, and you sort of get what you pay for there. Not that there aren't some good things in VP, but they are much simpler than what ASK and FS provide.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
At this stage the game will be released on Android in the new year. See the other thread in this sub forum for details.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
My guess is 2 persons, Zsolt programming and Mister X for artwork. Beta testing: we.

So Mr Z - programming, Mr X - Art, and Mr T.... makes the tea I guess. Seriously very small dev teams work very well and can be hugely productive which is demonstrated perfectly here by Ask. In my first programming job in the 90s for a software house I worked in a team of 1 doing req gathering, design, dev, testing, deployment and support. There were 2 others devs doing the same thing. In this day and age with all the scrum cobblers we have teams of 100s which over complicates the process and quite frankly less gets delivered, things take months instead of hours or days, and there are bugs galore.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
So Mr Z - programming, Mr X - Art, and Mr T.... makes the tea I guess. Seriously very small dev teams work very well and can be hugely productive which is demonstrated perfectly here by Ask. In my first programming job in the 90s for a software house I worked in a team of 1 doing req gathering, design, dev, testing, deployment and support.
Sid Meier developed and programmed Civilization alone, Microprose did the marketing and publishing. Later versions were made by teams.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I never noticed this thread before, but I'd totally back some kind of crowdfunded release of Zaccaria on other platforms. I honestly don't think there's the demand for other platforms outside of PC/Linux (such as consoles) but yeah, I'd back the hell out of a PC version if it receives the same support/updates as the iOS one.

Even if there's something in a very early stage of build and maybe go on Steam as Early Access? If the product is solid, it generally seems to be quite successful on there. But if you're looking at tiers, I'd suggest following the bronze/silver/gold of the iOS IAP but throw in some bonuses here or there. I'd kill for a Zaccaria logo t-shirt!

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Any update on this? Now that Xbox allows indie developers, A.S.K. could have an easier time publishing on Xbox. Still hoping this comes to fruition. It would be a day one buy.

Do not even ask

Aug 14, 2013
Zaccaria Pinball on PC would be an instabuy from me since Zaccaria chugs on my now ancient iPhone 4. Heck, I'd get Age of Pinball on PC in a heartbeat too. Any updates regarding the progress towards a crowdfunding campaign in the future would definitely be appreciated.

74-89

May 2, 2014
Our plan is to start a campaign on one of European crowdfunding pages for Zaccaria Pinball. If you have any idea what rewards we should make, please don't hesitate.

Zaccaria RARE TABLE PACK: Including any EM tables not included in the regular pack, Strike (EM), Ski Jump (both versions!), Space City, Pinball Champ, and New Star's Phoenix. Only Pinball Champ is an actual clone, there could be a dozen tables here, and much of the work would already be done. Something to consider anyway...

Alternatively, work up this app and then sell it for 30 or 40 dollars. I'd buy it.

Last edited:

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
PC cant come soon enough for me! Anyone who loves Zac will be really happy to read Zsolts most recent comment in the Combat thread! If some one could quote that here so more see it...
lumbergh.jpg

that would be great. I dont know how to quote from another thread.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Tried looking but couldn't find that thread. Was going to copy and paste. Do you remember the gist of what was said in the thread? I've never seen a Zac table in the wild, but as I said before it would be a day-one buy, especially if it somehow made it's way to xbox.

SickBoy

Mar 19, 2015
I just wanted to add my $0.02 to the discussion and say that I'd absolutely buy every table day-one if this came to Steam (or GoG/etc... anything PC-specific). I own every FX2 table, every TPA table, kickstarted Pro-Pinball, and have a smattering of one-offs and retro pinball games... and the only suite out there that I'm drooling over and don't have yet is Zaccaria Pinball.

I would gladly pay $100+ in a single payment to have it on PC. Others may disagree, but this is the single most promising pinball suite that I've experienced (I demoed it on mobile, but I just can't play this kind of game on those systems), and desperately need it on a platform I exclusively game on.

What can we do to make this happen?

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
It was that ask homework the company who makes Zaccaria Pinball may be looking into making other recreations of real machines when the Zac tables are done. This was great news to me because I feel they do exceptional work!
Also will be releasing 8 more EMs coming in the collection, plus there are 3 more early Zacs that used Williams hardware that were made.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.