Request Dear Farsight, Why High Speed II: The Getaway is a Must Have Table

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
The Getaway is the first DMD game I owned, some 12 years ago now. A lot of pins have come and gone in that time (when they were affordable I would like to add) but I still have The Getaway. It's a keeper. :)

Would love to see it in TPA.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Now THAT'S a table that would have been a great combo with Taxi! Steve and Mark Ritchie side by side with two car-themed, fast and flowing tables.

And I agree with niceguy, I want F-14 as well! I just love these aggressive, pre-DCS FM Synth sounds.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Ooooh new idea...
HS2 and Indy 500

Indy is a weird table but the theme is so well used and the modes are really cool...only thing i don't like about it is the over the top scoring, but that doesn't make the game any less fun.

Rayman1103

Jul 20, 2012
They all sound like great tables. Personally, I'd play every table. I'm looking forward to any Pinball table that FarSight releases. :D

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
d1tiS.png

Come on, Farsight. Google has spoken.

On a side note, I'm all for every single pin mentioned at the beginning of that promo video for TPA.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
afaik there is no licensed music in HD. Even Steppenwolf's song is "approached" rather than copied.

"Bad to the Bone" and "Born to be Wild" are both licensed songs included in Stern's Harley-Davidson.

Last edited:

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
"Bad to the Bone" and "Born to be Wild" are both licensed songs included in Stern's Harley-Davidson.

Aha, wonder where I read it was music"inspired" by it.... Think it was some comment on ipdb....but maybe it was for another machine.

MichRX7

Aug 2, 2012
I will vote for any table pack that has the original High Speed in it so count me in for HS 1&2 table pack. And let's make that release snappy! :)

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
I ignored the thread for a while watched the video , and you converted me into a GETAWAY lover. Amazing table , really think you should add a poll so we can count how many heads on who wants this focused on their licensing agenda . You don't need but two results :

1 : yes FarSight needs to do this table over any other unannounced tables

2: No FarSight should pursue other tables first

Since it's my idea , I will start the ball rolling in another thread , and then the mods can merge it if they want.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I will literally well up in tears the day it is announced.

I remember back in the early days of the Facebook Page as in before it became a bridge for trolls to live under, I had asked if they would ever release that and Eight Ball Deluxe. It was mentioned that they were both distinct possibilities. That alone made my heart skip a beat. I go on about this table a lot and I compare a lot of tables to it, as it really is my defining pinball experience.

Moon Jump

Apr 19, 2012
I'm friends with Chris Bucci. I'm pretty sure he's got the Williams collection but hasn't gotten into Pinball Arcade yet. He's an actor in New York City, so whenever I call him up when I come into town he's always busy. But I really hope we can get a two pack of both High Speed games for Pinball Arcade, and as I've said countless times please do whatever you can to get ZZ Top's La Grange into Getaway!

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
If they licensed them, they screwed up. They should have given us the vocals as well. They're just as big a part of the song as the guitar riffs.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
If they licensed them, they screwed up. They should have given us the vocals as well. They're just as big a part of the song as the guitar riffs.

The rights to a song and the rights to a specific recording of a song are separate things. With one but not the other, I suppose you could do sound-alike vocals with a new artist, but that's more expensive in itself.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
The rights to a song and the rights to a specific recording of a song are separate things. With one but not the other, I suppose you could do sound-alike vocals with a new artist, but that's more expensive in itself.
If they're going to re-record the instruments, adding a singer shouldn't cost that much more. There's a ton of bar bands in my city who would do it for a pittance, and be thankful to get the work. I'm willing to bet there are a hell of a lot more of those bar bands in Chicago.

Noodle

Aug 21, 2012
A year ago I would have said this was my favourite pin of all time. I spent a lot of time playing it during my high school days and loved it. I always loved pinball but there weren't many machines around where I lived and out of what I played, this was the best.

Now that I've spent a lot of time with TPA and have hunted down some of these machines, I wouldn't call the Getaway my favourite anymore. I just found one on location nearby and was playing it last week, still a lot of fun and I love the build up to red line mania, but it just doesn't have the shots some of the top ranked tables like a Twilight Zone, Adam's Family, MM, Monster Bash, etc... have. Of course, some may prefer this, so it's all a matter of opinion.

That being said, I'd still say it's a must for TPA and one I've been hoping they would add since day 1.

Last edited:

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
A year ago I would have said this was my favourite pin of all time. I spent a lot of time playing it during my high school days and loved it. I always loved pinball but there weren't many machines around where I lived and out of what I played, this was the best.

Now that I've spent a lot of time with TPA and have hunted down some of these machines, I wouldn't call the Getaway my favourite anymore. I just found one on location nearby and was playing it last week, still a lot of fun and I love the build up to red line mania, but it just doesn't have the shots some of the top ranked tables like a Twilight Zone, Adam's Family, MM, Monster Bash, etc... have. Of course, some may prefer this, so it's all a matter of opinion.

That being said, I'd still say it's a must for TPA and one I've been hoping they would add since day 1.

I actually disagree quite a lot. I went to PAPA last weekend, and The Getaway got more tokens out of me than any of the other games you mentioned.

In fact, the only pin I played more than that was... the original High Speed. I spent a lot of time around the System 11 area of the building.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.