Request Dear Farsight, Why High Speed II: The Getaway is a Must Have Table

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
A year ago I would have said this was my favourite pin of all time. I spent a lot of time playing it during my high school days and loved it. I always loved pinball but there weren't many machines around where I lived and out of what I played, this was the best.

Now that I've spent a lot of time with TPA and have hunted down some of these machines, I wouldn't call the Getaway my favourite anymore. I just found one on location nearby and was playing it last week, still a lot of fun and I love the build up to red line mania, but it just doesn't have the shots some of the top ranked tables like a Twilight Zone, Adam's Family, MM, Monster Bash, etc... have. Of course, some may prefer this, so it's all a matter of opinion.

That being said, I'd still say it's a must for TPA and one I've been hoping they would add since day 1.

I agree and disagree with you...

You are quite correct on it both being a matter of taste and not having the shots that some of the more complex tables have. Where this table shines is in the sounds, the way the DMD is used (there are actually quite a few "distracting" pauses but they are quite exciting), the overall theme, atmosphere and the weird way it gets the blood pumping and the adrenaline flowing. Just getting a jackpot is exciting with the sounds and the way it scrolls jackpot and then the explosion...it's just a cool fun game. Rather deceptively simple but the visual and tactile rewards are where it's at.

szycag

Apr 19, 2012
Count me in, High Speed 1 and 2 are absolutely necessary. I wonder how they'll do the gear shift thing though. That's one thing I could see holding this one back versus flipper button only tables.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Count me in, High Speed 1 and 2 are absolutely necessary. I wonder how they'll do the gear shift thing though. That's one thing I could see holding this one back versus flipper button only tables.

On consoles and Vita, the stick used for the plunger could easily work.

Noodle

Aug 21, 2012
Where this table shines is in the sounds, the way the DMD is used (there are actually quite a few "distracting" pauses but they are quite exciting), the overall theme, atmosphere and the weird way it gets the blood pumping and the adrenaline flowing. Just getting a jackpot is exciting with the sounds and the way it scrolls jackpot and then the explosion...it's just a cool fun game. Rather deceptively simple but the visual and tactile rewards are where it's at.

You know, the machine I was playing seemed to be a little on the quiet side. It was in a laundromat, so maybe the volume is down a little, this would take away from some of the excitement of the game.

Also, I may just be angry with the machine because I finally had red light mania lit on my last game and then STDM!

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
You know, the machine I was playing seemed to be a little on the quiet side. It was in a laundromat, so maybe the volume is down a little, this would take away from some of the excitement of the game.

Also, I may just be angry with the machine because I finally had red light mania lit on my last game and then STDM!

I can see how the table would be a bit less exciting. Where I used to play it there were 3 other tables turned down and this one was turned way up.

I would be mad at STDM at red light mania. That's almost as bad as draining JUST after missing a shot for an extra ball

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.