December TotM Groupings and Results

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
SO I submitted my scores on the form but I didn't see a place to upload my pics. DO I just hang onto those incase there is contention. I am sure no one will care about my low scores, but I have proof how low they are.

No need to upload pics unless there's a request.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
SO I submitted my scores on the form but I didn't see a place to upload my pics. DO I just hang onto those incase there is contention. I am sure no one will care about my low scores, but I have proof how low they are.

Yeah, upload pics are purely for when someone questions your score. Last month proco had that happen to him, as he was a first timer and proceeded to win. And let me say, glad you were able to sign up and post scores with no issue (yes, I checked to make sure!) as 9 times outta 10 when I see a new name register, they don't wind up posting. Welcome to the fun, hop into the chat room where it's always busy on this day, and hope to see your name next month too!

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Xenon- 1,517,860 not big fan of the table.
Safe Cracker-4,063,480 was able to get a multiball and add more time which, helped in the end.
Goin' Nuts- 3,387990 annoying table, always seem to have a ball bounce off the left side upon entering and angles right down the middle.
Fun House- 31,923,920 just a grind of a table, sunk many quarters into this machine when it was in the arcade.

Good luck to everyone else. I see Voof is in 2 of my groups and I predict he will win both. Voof always kicks some major butt in the monthly PSN tournament a great player.

Last edited:

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
From the sounds of it, a lot of people forget about nudging while playing Goin nuts. You still have to nudge, even if it's 2 balls dribbling down (espescially the left side). Also what I try to do is backhand as much as possible. Ended up with 5,462,370. So must've been doing something right. Still, safecracker has the timer and I suck at it. I think it's because with GN I don't let the pressure get to me as much. Also I've played GN a lot more

Voof

Sep 22, 2015
I did terrible in funhouse, second attempt drained first two balls... merry Christmas ;-) Streamed my tourney twitch.tv/voovoof

Going Nuts 7.5m, 1 attempt, not gonna do the second.
Have fun all!

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Done.

Xenon: Almost 2.5 million

Safe Cracker: 1.777 million

Goin Nuts: 2 million

FunHouse: A whopping 106 million.

Stuzz

Sep 22, 2015
All done... And, for the record I selected XBOX 360 as the platform I played on. For some reason, I get bummed when that doesn't get a shout out in the results thread, so I'd like it to... please :)

superdan

Jan 30, 2015
Voted for goin nuts because least likely practiced table and not generally liked, may give the best fairness to the elite pompous out of touch players :) kidding.
Anyway, trying to calm my excitement with a probable Dr. Who, my results minus a cup of joe was better than expected with funhouse and sc, worse than expected with xenon and goin nuts.
Funhouse=25,593,960: Rudy is an annoying sob, isn't he?
Goin nuts=721,480: was expecting better days, what can I say, at least I don't have to play it again for awhile
Safecracker=3,709,850: two tokens, a few multi balls, and ba bing, good game for me
Xenon=3,280,060= wanted to be in the 8-10mil range, makes a difference when u can't extra ball forever.
So that's a wrap. See u guys in the next. Btw, Vegas had snow for Christmas, very unusual, and we should drop to about 27* F. Tonight. So if ur coming to the biggest block party around, about 300k people on New Years, dress warm! Cheers

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
Played and finished. Only did 2 tries on Funhouse and Safecracker, it didn't help for Safecracker but FH got a few more millions. Xenon was good enough on the first try, almost 4 mill. Last month when I played it on mistake I got almost 6 mill :)

If the neighbors will ever turn down the bass I will go to bed, work later today (Sunday).

Cheers to all of ya!

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Welcome to the fun, hop into the chat room where it's always busy on this day, and hope to see your name next month too!

SYT, you may have a serious issue. Dementia. It's usually with old people, but you seem to think people use the chat room. Yes, this would be the day to use it, but there's no one in there. Get better SYT, and good luck on your pinballing

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
SYT, you may have a serious issue. Dementia. It's usually with old people, but you seem to think people use the chat room. Yes, this would be the day to use it, but there's no one in there. Get better SYT, and good luck on your pinballing

Well I was in a car accident today...

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Results are in!

Thanks for playing everyone. I know it was a bit stressful being the day after Xmas, which was clearly reflected in our turnout. As usual, I'll get the shiny avatars out to our winners in the next day or so. See ya all next month!

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
Not too shabby. Thought Xenon results would be allot higher even without EBs, no drain monster; I just pound that tube shot over and over. Safecracker, well it is a bit hit and miss for me - if you get to the vault atleast once you have a game going, I didn't reach it.

Thanks all and SYT in particular. Neighbors across keep me awake with noise and the ones above starts stomping in the morning - what a perfect combination :(

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Not too shabby. Thought Xenon results would be allot higher even without EBs, no drain monster; I just pound that tube shot over and over. Safecracker, well it is a bit hit and miss for me - if you get to the vault atleast once you have a game going, I didn't reach it.

Thanks all and SYT in particular. Neighbors across keep me awake with noise and the ones above starts stomping in the morning - what a perfect combination :(

I was able to get to the gate, but landed on the locked one :mad:. I hear ya about the neighbors. The dude above me is always beating the crap out of his girl.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I use the chat room :)

Thanks for your efforts SYT. Despite automotive entanglement, you still got the results sorted. I hope all involved aren't injured, and if so I wish for a speedy recovered.

Meanwhile (a question to any and everyone), when is a season of the PAF TotM?

No injuries. Drunk driver (at noon no less) who blew a .4(!!) pulled out in front of a truck who hit the back end and spun the car into my lane. I had time to hit the brakes and probably made impact at 15-20 mph, no airbag needed. Then the drunk pulled away and tried fleeing. The truck and I gave pursuit as the car made an illegal u-turn on a red (that's when it became obvious they were fleeing). Once the car made the turn, it hit the gas and 100 ft later lost control (broken axle), swerving left, jumping the median to opposing side of street (fortunately traffic was held up at light), barely missing a fire hydrant, and careening up a hillside to a stop.

My car shows a little damage, ya know like paint scrapes, but the hood is off alignment which doesn't bode well. Insurance is already thinking total loss because it's a 10 yr old Mini with 100,000 miles. Really hope that's not the case as there's no way I'd get enough money to buy another similar one. Have to wait and see what the adjuster says. Also have to see if the drunk had valid insurance as the one she was carrying in her car was expired. *groan*

As for a season of TotM...they last 6 months. We had the first of this season in August, so it will end with the tourney in January. 3rd season starts with February. Janky, I know, would totally be better to start up with January for next season. I can leave that up to our current players, if people wanna call it now and then start fresh so things line up with the actual year.

Members online

Members online