Details on PC Cabinet support for TPA

Pinzzz

Jul 24, 2013
Got her going!.Had to shut off DSR.Custom setting for 2nd monitor 1600x1200.Manually typed in the 2200 in config.I don't know if it saves it.But Bingo!.
I am blown away!.Been waiting years for this.Amazing work!.Gold medal award!.
Only minor issue is my F-14 (season 5) backglass image is a little to the left.I don't know how to adjust and save that.And don't want too screw anything up.Everything else is perfect.
Maybe a how to manual on how to tweak some things in the future would be awesome!.

Pinzzz

Jul 24, 2013
So is a 1600 by 1200 backglass monitor necessary for this to work? I experimented for an hour or so with my 1280 x 1000 (or thereabouts) backglass monitor and couldn't get the dmd in the right spot.

I'm not complaining. This is an amazing effort from you guys. Totally approve!

Yes,It is necessary.For me,I had to set up a custom setting in Nvidia control panel to get 1600x1200 and save it.And playfield monitor 1920x1080 native setting.

Pinzzz

Jul 24, 2013
So,I tried to fix the Tomcat backglass that is a little to the left.Using the hotkeys and screwed up the dmd's on all the tables.So I started from scratch again.
Up and running again.I have found that the Tomcat.png in the backglass folder is the problem.It is the only .png that is not centered in the folder.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
So is a 1600 by 1200 backglass monitor necessary for this to work? I experimented for an hour or so with my 1280 x 1000 (or thereabouts) backglass monitor and couldn't get the dmd in the right spot.

I'm not complaining. This is an amazing effort from you guys. Totally approve!
you can use a lower resolution for the backglass but it will make the whole image cropped.
as well it will make the dmd larger. What is the max resolution that the monitor supports? I can try making a new media set that is scaled to that resolution

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
Got her going!.Had to shut off DSR.Custom setting for 2nd monitor 1600x1200.Manually typed in the 2200 in config.I don't know if it saves it.But Bingo!.
I am blown away!.Been waiting years for this.Amazing work!.Gold medal award!.
Only minor issue is my F-14 (season 5) backglass image is a little to the left.I don't know how to adjust and save that.And don't want too screw anything up.Everything else is perfect.
Maybe a how to manual on how to tweak some things in the future would be awesome!.

great! glad you got it to work!
f-14 is like that because they r4eleasedit with the score box shifted off center so i made the backglass shifted to match..i can make a new one with the backglass centered but the alpha numeric will overlap the left speaker

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
What would be necessary to make it work with a 1650 * 1050 display?

if you can't run it at 1600x1200 all we need to do is redo the artwork to match 1650x1050..for now it will run and work but you'll have little space on left and right and top of images will be cropped at the top

Pinzzz

Jul 24, 2013
I tried the 3300.Looks fantastic.My mini pin can't handle the 4400.Slow mo.But love the 3300 resolution.
Robert,I was not able to use the camera mod alone when it came out.I was lost.
But with your time and work with instructions.I was able to put it off.
Thank you.
I would like to buy you lunch!
Do you have a paypal address?
Regards,
Dana

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Barbie just posted this on the zen forums - if any of you cab folks try it with zen please let me know what you think ( before I drop a lot of money building a cab and re-buying all the zen tables on a new platform)

------------------------------------
For today's update we have added cabinet support (new ‘cabinet’ icon on the bottom menu bar)
- The screen orientation setting has been relocated to the cabinet panel in the Settings screen.
- External dot-matrix display & backglass window support.
- In order to access the cabinet features, new users are now required to register for a Personal Activation Code for FREE.

Windowed & borderless windowed mode:
- Accessible in-game in the graphics settings menu, or with the following command line parameters :
“-fullscreen” - Start the game in fullscreen mode.
“-borderless” - Start the game in borderless windowed mode.
“-window” or “-windowed” - Start the game in windowed mode.
“-resolution=<width>x<height>” - Start the game in the given resolution. (Ignored in borderless mode. In fullscreen mode if unsupported resolution is supplied, the default resolution is used instead.)

- Fixed an issue where nudging the table by simultaneously pressing multiple nudge keys on the keyboard resulted in unfairly powerful nudges.

Have fun and please let me know if you have any trouble!

L33

Aug 20, 2014
Barbie just posted this on the zen forums - if any of you cab folks try it with zen please let me know what you think ( before I drop a lot of money building a cab and re-buying all the zen tables on a new platform)

------------------------------------
For today's update we have added cabinet support (new ‘cabinet’ icon on the bottom menu bar)
- The screen orientation setting has been relocated to the cabinet panel in the Settings screen.
- External dot-matrix display & backglass window support.
- In order to access the cabinet features, new users are now required to register for a Personal Activation Code for FREE.

Windowed & borderless windowed mode:
- Accessible in-game in the graphics settings menu, or with the following command line parameters :
“-fullscreen” - Start the game in fullscreen mode.
“-borderless” - Start the game in borderless windowed mode.
“-window” or “-windowed” - Start the game in windowed mode.
“-resolution=<width>x<height>” - Start the game in the given resolution. (Ignored in borderless mode. In fullscreen mode if unsupported resolution is supplied, the default resolution is used instead.)

- Fixed an issue where nudging the table by simultaneously pressing multiple nudge keys on the keyboard resulted in unfairly powerful nudges.

Have fun and please let me know if you have any trouble!

Im just trying to suss out if this is for a 2 or 3 monitor setup...however, Ive just clicked on the cab support button and was easily able to adjust the dmd to get it working on my second monitor. It was working previous to this but needed tweeking. Much easier now like this than the way it was setup previous. Looks promising. Haven't tried any other settings yet, but so far so good. :)

L33

Aug 20, 2014
What art is it showing on the backglas?
Any good?

I'm cab away, so can't test.

I feel your pain... :) Hoping Saturday is DX11 day for me, so hopefully I'll be busy setting up the noex and rob mod and now this too. Certainly sounds promising.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
I tried the 3300.Looks fantastic.My mini pin can't handle the 4400.Slow mo.But love the 3300 resolution.
Robert,I was not able to use the camera mod alone when it came out.I was lost.
But with your time and work with instructions.I was able to put it off.
Thank you.
I would like to buy you lunch!
Do you have a paypal address?
Regards,
Dana

Thanks a bunch I'm happy to help. Throw paypal buy a beer donations to NoEx..I'm a payitforward kinda guy

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
Barbie just posted this on the zen forums -

looks awesome! I gotta check it out..timing is ironic but hey double win I say
I'm pleased to see the scripted super nudging without tilting has been addressed.
I gotta go see what backglass art is..if its the table parallax scrolling art thats in the menu's i'll die..I asked for that ages ago its perfect but there was no response

Today IS a good day to Pinball

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Apparently you have to provide your own art. This is cool for customization, but a default pack by zen would have been nice

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
ahh yep just got it working..it'll look the same as pinballx pack i was using I guess :)
but its nice not to have to exit the game to get the changes to happen...Like NoEx's mod ;)

Pinzzz

Jul 24, 2013
FX2 yeah!Now I will have to figure this pinballx thing out.In the meantime I have some static images for FX2.How do I get those to work?.What do I name them before I place them in the data_stream folder?.

Members online

Members online