Details on PC Cabinet support for TPA

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Whatever helps!
They can use the money to bribe their management to believe cab support is a good idea.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
Money's not the problem, time is. You can't do a kickstarter to raise time.

200x200px-ZC-f639a21a_tom-baker-creepy-smile.gif

I have an idea

N3roflint

Dec 26, 2014
What about a kickstarter to add cabinet support?!? I am sure Farsight would raise plenty to pay for the overtime to get this finally done.

That's not what a kickstarter campaign is intended for. Farsight are an established company with many years of experience under their belt. If they need to raise money from the general public every time they want to accomplish something new then they should give up being in business. They should not even be using kickstarters to get licenses for tables the way they have been doing.

L33

Aug 20, 2014
Although I like pinball, I'm not completely pinball mad...yet. I'd play the odd game on ps4 and iOS and always played in the tournaments when I could. Then I built my cab and started to see the game in a different light.

Last night, after the updates to the tables had installed, I must have played it 4 hours solid. That's a long time for me. Whilst playing I was thinking....that dmd gets in the way, if only it was where it should be on a pinball table, and not only that, it uses up valuable playfield space. And I'm playing in dx9 at the moment, and it looks ok...dx11 must look miles better. And I'm also playing with all effects off too...and it was so enjoyable to play.

It made me think...if it feels this good now, full cab support is gonna be awesome. I think, once implemented, people are gonna get to see how good this game can be and for farsight it's a great way of showing the full potential of the game. iOS is ok, console is good, but playing on a cab wins hands down...even got the Mrs to play a game of Totan last night...now that's a first! :)

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
Welcome to cab-land, L33. I agree - totally upgraded experience.

I just realized after installing camera mod the other day that the back glasses on TPA tables aren't animated. I'm not sure why they would be. It's funny that I always assumed they were.

Maybe this is why TPA is dragging heels on cab support?

poposchmatzer

Dec 24, 2014
Boah Fs, what have the people to do that you might post an answer their (legitimate) question for a cab version?

Last edited:

nicco84

Apr 18, 2015
They said we'll do but is not our priority.... About two years passed with no news.... I think they don't want really do cab mode

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
That's not what a kickstarter campaign is intended for. Farsight are an established company with many years of experience under their belt. If they need to raise money from the general public every time they want to accomplish something new then they should give up being in business. They should not even be using kickstarters to get licenses for tables the way they have been doing.

I agree 100%.

L33

Aug 20, 2014
Boah Fs, what have the people to do that you might post an answer their (legitimate) question for a cab version?

They say no news is good news...so I suppose having heard that licensing issues may prevent the cab build now seems like that wasn't the kinda news I was hoping to hear...

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Where have you heard that?
That would be soooo stupid. I already play it on a cab. Come stop me.

L33

Aug 20, 2014
Where have you heard that?
That would be soooo stupid. I already play it on a cab. Come stop me.

They replied to a post on FB. Doesn't sound promising at all. I was hoping that CS was close but it doesn't sound close at all.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Hmm just read that on Facebook too, doesn't sound good.

Lee Baker asked: "Gotta ask...any progress with cab support? With Zen adding the option to move the Dmd to a second screen, it improved realism, and provided a better gaming experience as the dmd no longer got in the way or took up screen space. I'm expecting good things from TPA...any news or updates to CS?"

Pinball Arcade replied with: "No news yet. licensing may prevent us from releasing the cab build for now"

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Cruel cruel world.
You can only hope it is as unreliable as their other statements.

At least they should be clear about it and tell us cab users what to expect, and not leave us in the dark mindlessly buying season pro passes...

Last edited:

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
weren't they looking into a whole cab build as a retail product tho? allowing the dmd on a secondary screen is really what the hobbyist needs vs a turn key solution for retail

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
For now Farsight, at least let us set our own camera position. It is so silly that we have to use a mod for this. And it's basically already build in with the "table expolaration" mode.
A single person, who doesn't know the source code of the game, writes a little tool in his spare time, which Farsight couldn't provide us in many years.

L33

Aug 20, 2014
For now Farsight, at least let us set our own camera position. It is so silly that we have to use a mod for this. And it's basically already build in with the "table expolaration" mode.
A single person, who doesn't know the source code of the game, writes a little tool in his spare time, which Farsight couldn't provide us in many years.

A moveable dmd would make all the difference. The realism changes so much when the dmd is moved, as Zen has proved allowing this change within their game options.

I'm gonna email FS and ask them to kindly implement the changes....an email every minute for a week should do the trick. :) Just trying to work out how many emails that equates too...60 a minute...360 an hour...7344 emails a day...( I think)...16408 emails for the week... :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts