Details on PC Cabinet support for TPA

karl

May 10, 2012
I will only say one thing about Zen. Farsight, please do the portrait mode in a different way than zen did for the pc. Going into our graphic settings before starting the game to rotate the whole windows screen is a clumsy and irritating way to do portrait.
Since I almost never play zen it do not bother me ;-) but please Farsight. Do it another way

ClarkKent

Jul 21, 2013
The only thing I hope for is a rotated real full screen mode (like in Visual Pinball) and multi monitor support to move the DMD to another place. All other things can be done later...

But I think as the sales are going well for so many different platforms I do not believe this will Happen anytime soon. Nevertheless I hope they will do us the favor at all.

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
I will only say one thing about Zen. Farsight, please do the portrait mode in a different way than zen did for the pc. Going into our graphic settings before starting the game to rotate the whole windows screen is a clumsy and irritating way to do portrait.
Since I almost never play zen it do not bother me ;-) but please Farsight. Do it another way

I think that is just a temporary thing till they get a full cabinet mode working that includes true portrait mode including the DMD screen on a 3rd monitor or even a real DMD display unit, and all of the other bells and whistles. Right now, think they are busy with Kick Beat (or whatever that game is called).

Rooter

Apr 23, 2012

They fixed this in the very first update, just a few days after the first release, which was WEEKS before you posted this message.

karl

May 10, 2012
They fixed this in the very first update, just a few days after the first release, which was WEEKS before you posted this message.

Sorry. I only played it a couple of times right at the start. PS! And my point was not to slag Zen but to hope that Farsight does it in different way than Zen did it (in the beginning) If they have changed it, good for them

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Sorry Karl but although I hope they release a perfect portrait mode at the start, I am willing to settle for ANY portrait mode as that is better than no portrait mode at all :)

Lobotomy

Jul 21, 2013
I hope they will support offline mode for TPA on steam...
Me, and a lot of other pincab owners does not have a network cable hooked up on their cabs.
But if it has to be plugged in (for obvious reasons like online highscores and so on) i will do what i have to do... =)

Mr 230268

Jun 12, 2013
I hope they will support offline mode for TPA on steam...
Me, and a lot of other pincab owners does not have a network cable hooked up on their cabs.
But if it has to be plugged in (for obvious reasons like online highscores and so on) i will do what i have to do... =)

In times of WLAN this isn't a big deal.

Edan-Grossman

Jan 19, 2013
Steam can work offline, you just need to log in online and set it to offline mode, then you can disconnect.

However if it were my cabinet, I would install a wireless device or run an Ethernet cable anyways, since you'll probably want to submit your scores to the leader-boards and download the new table packs each month. These wireless devices are typically inexpensive and easy to install. Of course, it is up to you.

Lobotomy

Jul 21, 2013
Steam can work offline, you just need to log in online and set it to offline mode, then you can disconnect.

However if it were my cabinet, I would install a wireless device or run an Ethernet cable anyways, since you'll probably want to submit your scores to the leader-boards and download the new table packs each month. These wireless devices are typically inexpensive and easy to install. Of course, it is up to you.

Yeah ofcourse i already have usb-wlan in my cab, but i only plug it in to update games/cfg's and so on, but it's never "Online" for a long period of time.
The question was if they support offline mode, many games doesn't... (mp games obviously) ;)
On my 9'th year on steam =)

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
I don't know. Is it just me or does anybody else feel like FarSight has totally ignored cabinet owners? They have mentioned they want to support cabinets but others like Pro Pinball will have cabinet support on day 1. We are years in now with FarSight. I thought they were fans of pinball and would have pushed the cabinet, even if it was only for their own enjoyment. I am starting to lose faith in their cabinet support. There isn't any and I don't see any coming any time soon. They dont even mention it unless forced to. Hell even the Wii U and Ouya have their own sections. Where is the cabinet section? When the hell will they start supporting the cabinet?????

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I don't know. Is it just me or does anybody else feel like FarSight has totally ignored cabinet owners? They have mentioned they want to support cabinets but others like Pro Pinball will have cabinet support on day 1. We are years in now with FarSight. I thought they were fans of pinball and would have pushed the cabinet, even if it was only for their own enjoyment. I am starting to lose faith in their cabinet support. There isn't any and I don't see any coming any time soon. They dont even mention it unless forced to. Hell even the Wii U and Ouya have their own sections. Where is the cabinet section? When the hell will they start supporting the cabinet?????
Cabinet support requires PC support first. The PC version is in beta. Therefore, we are not years in now with FarSight; at least with respect to the PC, the clock has not even started running yet.

I would let them have as much time as they need to squash the bugs in the PC beta, maybe depinkify the lighting, and generally get the standard PC version up and stabilized before we start worrying about cabinet support. Cabinets are at their heart just glorified PC setups, so if the base PC game is buggy and ugly, the cabinet version will be too. You don't want that, do you?

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Most certainly not. But I feel like cabinet is getting pushed to the side. I realize we need PC first, but I just don't see any urgency on their part. They don't even discuss it anymore. Just one sentence that they hope to support it in the future. I am not sure how they built their engine but it seems like they built it without being able to easily add cabinet support. Why that is, I don't know. iOS has portrait, why not here? What is so different?

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Even if they don't make one penny on cabinet support I would think that they would want to play their own creation the best way possible. I mean it is their mission to recreate pinball tables. You would think that they would want to get it on a cab as soon as they could. They don't even have a cabinet at their place yet. I can't see it happening any time soon. I am pessimist, I hope I am wrong. Sure doesn't seem like it though.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts