Discussion thread about the FreeCamera Mod

L33

Aug 20, 2014
Hi all...

Just wondering, does the mod automatically update now every time a new table is out, or will it not work if I now download the latest tpa update etc?

Also, if I haven't updated tpa yet to the latest table, and disconnect now from the Internet, will that allow me to keep using the mod as it is?

Too worried to switch on to find out just in case the mod doesn't work anymore as I'm in the middle of filming some gameplay etc.

Thanks in advance.

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
Yep, it updates automatically but NoEx needs to release the new version first. Lately one have had to do a total install because of the bigger changes but otherwise it is on auto.

I always keep a copy of the older TPA version so I can play with the Cammod even though it is not updated yet. For the TotM I didn't even bother to unplug steam - I do start TPA via the startmenu though and not in the steam app.

Film away!

L33

Aug 20, 2014
Yep, it updates automatically but NoEx needs to release the new version first. Lately one have had to do a total install because of the bigger changes but otherwise it is on auto.

I always keep a copy of the older TPA version so I can play with the Cammod even though it is not updated yet. For the TotM I didn't even bother to unplug steam - I do start TPA via the startmenu though and not in the steam app.

Film away!

Thanks for the reply, I'm a little confused though. Would I need to download a new version of the mod for it to work with the new table that's just come out? If so, I'll not hook up the Internet just yet if the new mod isn't out yet, just in case.

How do you keep an older copy version of Tpa by the way...that sounds like a good idea. Didn't know u could do that.

Ok...seems I can't actually load the mod offline as it says A certain file needs to be placed in the mod folder for it to work offline. Not sure where to find this file and my setup guide isn't loading properly. If anyone can shed any light, I'd be most greatful. :) Thanks again.

Last edited:

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
Usually you don't need to do anything other than starting the mod and it will DL the new version if there is one.

I just go to the steam common folder and make a copy of the TPA folder; then I just rename it to the 'active' name and let the new version get a name change - then I change the names back when I want to play the newest.

Yeah, the cammod generate a file when you left click or something on it - this file should be in the TPA folder I believe. It is in the manual, I never used that method :)

L33

Aug 20, 2014
Usually you don't need to do anything other than starting the mod and it will DL the new version if there is one.

I just go to the steam common folder and make a copy of the TPA folder; then I just rename it to the 'active' name and let the new version get a name change - then I change the names back when I want to play the newest.

Yeah, the cammod generate a file when you left click or something on it - this file should be in the TPA folder I believe. It is in the manual, I never used that method :)

Ok, cheers. Struggling to get it to work offline so I'll have to have a look around for the manual...sure i printed it off somewhere. Nothing's ever straight forward :)

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
Ok, cheers. Struggling to get it to work offline so I'll have to have a look around for the manual...sure i printed it off somewhere. Nothing's ever straight forward :)

Double-click the mod icon in the traybar and the file will be generated in the mod's folder, this way you can start the mod in offline mode.

L33

Aug 20, 2014
Double-click the mod icon in the traybar and the file will be generated in the mod's folder, this way you can start the mod in offline mode.

When you say tray bar...is that the same as the task bar? If so, there was no tray bar icon, so I clicked on the mod and pinned it there. I double click the icon, but it says that the server is down (I've unplugged the internet) and that to use the mod offline I need to make sure the offlinedatamod file exists. Im not sure how to create this file as it seems clicking the task bar item simply mirrors the actions of the desktop shortcut icon.

Hopefully Im just doing something completely wrong as computers aren't my strong point! :)

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
Nop taskbar is not traybar :)

citrix03.png

L33

Aug 20, 2014
Nop taskbar is not traybar :)

citrix03.png

It seems that the 'tray' is next to the clock on the task bar...however...Im not sure why but I have no mod icon in there. If I run through what i did perhaps there may be some reason this won't work for me...

Ok...The last table to come out (before this week) was Mary Shelleys Frankenstein. I downloaded the new mod and updated TPA. For the last few weeks I have been using the mod and playing TPA online (internet connected). The other day TPA said that a new table had been released and as I saw no new mod, I didn't want to risk things not working, so I disconnected my computer from the internet. But when I went to run the mod, it says that I need to ensure that there is a file in the mod so that offline play will work. However, there is no mod icon in the tray to double click to generate this file.

Have I missed something really obvious? I can't seem to suss this one out and I'm wondering if it has anything to do with me being offline/disconnected from the internet.

Thanks again noex...hopefully its something so simple but this really has me confused! :)

edit...Im using windows 10...would this make a difference?

Last edited:

Markus

Apr 18, 2015
I just set up the PC stuff for my cab built. So I could only install the latest version of TPA, what is not the right one for the mod.
I wonder if there is any other way to download a previous version of TPA via steam, I am excited to try the mod :)

Condor-2-4-2

Nov 30, 2015
Hello NoEx,

I'm new to Pinball Arcade which I buyed a week ago and have a question to your mod.

I played several tables with different fixed camera views but I'm not so happy with these. So I searched a method or a mod which enables further camera settings in the game. So I found your mod on this forum, but coudn't give it a try because of version differences.

Is it possible to edit game camera settings by myself (e.g. editing of config files or similar)?

Best regards,

Condor-2-4-2

Powerus

Sep 26, 2014
How can I get the new offlinedata.m0d please?
I tried to copy/paste the old one to the new mod but (as expected) it didn't work.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
How can I get the new offlinedata.m0d please?
I tried to copy/paste the old one to the new mod but (as expected) it didn't work.

Post #186 above tells you. You should follow that but use the latest version of the mod if you don't have it. Each time Farsight release a new version of TPA, you need to follow post #186.

Powerus

Sep 26, 2014
Yes but to do that you need internet.
Don't worry it's ok now. The next time I won't forget that step before removing the Wifi adapter.

Ginsonic

Sep 25, 2015
Hi Guys,

thanks again for your great work and the marvellous mod !

I have one question regarding PBA resolution using the mod (three screen version):
Currently the mod works great with the 1080x2200 settings, so yesterday I tried to set the resolution to 2160x4400 (in the PBA DX11 settings and in the desktop settings 2160x3840 using Nvidia DSR). But unfortunately the playfield seems to be shifted downwards (DMD is partly visible on top of playfield) and the DMD on my third screen is as well much to large as the cut-out is wrong (surrounding parts of playfield are visible).
Is there something wrong with my settings, or do I have to adjust some more settings when using the high resolution ? (BTW: DMD monitor settings remained at 1280x1024)

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
only a desktop resolution of 1080x1920 is supported for the playfield at the moment this resolution allows dmd's including ones like Adams family to be "off" main display then you can use the floating dmd to move it where you want.
the game can have any combo of resolutions that is a multiple of 1080x2200 higher the better based on your video cards capabilities

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.