DLC Pack #3 & #4 Coming August! + Screenshots

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
So we have to wait until August for any fixes to the core pack of tables ?

Yes. Fixes take as long to get through the approval process as DLC and they cost the same amount as submitting DLC does, so they might as well be submitted with the new DLC.

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
No I mean, there's lots of other games I want more than pinball tables even though I love pinball. I don't want to spend too much each month too and I'd want to get the other stuff first.

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
fingers crossed it comes out same time xbox is waiting for dlc#who cares! I been playing PHoFtWC brushing up on GORGAR and familiarizing myself with MONSTER BASH on iphone. CANT WAIT!

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
Yes. Fixes take as long to get through the approval process as DLC and they cost the same amount as submitting DLC does, so they might as well be submitted with the new DLC.

Is that how it is working with iOS as well ? Farsight seems to be more on top of things with those devices.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Is that how it is working with iOS as well ? Farsight seems to be more on top of things with those devices.

Android has no approval proces to speak of, apple's is a week, its got nothing to do with "being more on top of mobile devices" as 360 is actually their main platform of development and ios/android are actually ports of that.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
Android has no approval proces to speak of, apple's is a week, its got nothing to do with "being more on top of mobile devices" as 360 is actually their main platform of development and ios/android are actually ports of that.

How can they have an approval process just to add patches to the game ? Sorry but I'm lost here, it's not like they are adding content to the game.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
How can they have an approval process just to add patches to the game ? Sorry but I'm lost here, it's not like they are adding content to the game.

They are making changes to the game though, so microsoft needs to see if they don't break **** or keep their policies the same. MS/Somy are control freaks, so even if you want to change the font of your main menu you are going to have to be approved by them, which takes 4-6 weeks (closer to 6). Thats how Microsoft/Sony rolls.

Last edited:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Does anyone know which fixes/upgrades will be added to the August PS3 update?
I'm still hopeful they can fix the trophy situation and maybe add the option to play music from the XMB.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Does anyone know which fixes/upgrades will be added to the August PS3 update?
I'm still hopeful they can fix the trophy situation and maybe add the option to play music from the XMB.

My guess would be almost no chance that the trophy situation has been fixed and zero chance that they add the option to play music in the August update. I'm just basing the trophy thing on when they would have had to have the August update in for approval to Sony would have been too short a time since they acknowledged a problem with trophies. They've never said that they are considering adding XMB music any time soon so that's almost for sure a no.

Last edited:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
My guess would be almost no chance that the trophy situation has been fixed and zero chance that they add the option to play music in the August update. I'm just basing the trophy thing on when they would have had to have the August update in for approval to Sony would have been too short a time since they acknowledged a problem with trophies. They've never said that they are considering adding XMB music any time soon so that's almost for sure a no.

Well they did officially announce that
"We plan to add the following trophies on PS3/Vita for ALL DLC tables (previously released and future tables)
in the July or August update"

I know a lot of people will not be happy if they can't follow through on this promise, so I hope, for the sake of hearing tons of complaints on forums and FB that thy figure it out!

I had asked about playing music from the XMB when TPA launched and they said it's being considered, but was not a priority. It's too bad because it's really an easy option to impliment. Most devs add t as a side note and even in games where you would never even think about playing your own music (Back to the Future: episodes 1-5 for example).

I just think it's worth the effort to give us an option that can replicate another feature found in real pinball arcades.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I know they said that, I'm just not convinced that they had time to do it for the August update. Keep in mind that the August update would have to be submitted like a week or two ago.

If FS were developing primarily for the PS3 then I'd agree it would probably be pretty easy for them to add xmb music. Since they are developing primarily for the xbox and then porting it to the ps3 then its probably harder. They probably do not have someone that is developing features specifically for the ps3. They have someone that works on the ports. Its not that they can't do it but it is a different mindset to add a feature rather than just port the game.

BLADDERMETAL

Jul 13, 2012
Sux if they dont add trophies,but please no more mess ups fairlight,they are just starting and new at this,im being patient,it takes time to polish and get everyone track at the beginning.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
I'm hoping they polish up the core tables. TOM & TOTAN with the dull locked balls and Black Hole needs a complete makeover. Those green lines on TOM look kind of silly too, I liked it before the update so much more.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I know they said that, I'm just not convinced that they had time to do it for the August update. Keep in mind that the August update would have to be submitted like a week or two ago.

If FS were developing primarily for the PS3 then I'd agree it would probably be pretty easy for them to add xmb music. Since they are developing primarily for the xbox and then porting it to the ps3 then its probably harder. They probably do not have someone that is developing features specifically for the ps3. They have someone that works on the ports. Its not that they can't do it but it is a different mindset to add a feature rather than just port the game.

Where did you hear Farsight is porting Xbox 360 code to the PS3?
It seems unlikely they would port code from another console rather than start fresh with each console's devkit and work with the included libraries. This would be far more optimized than porting code.

I've spoken with a few developers who have worked on PS3 games and they tell me Sony makes it very easy for them to add trophies, music via XMB, and even 3D support. The first being a requirement, and the second two are encouraged.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.