DLC Pack #3 & #4 Coming August! + Screenshots

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
here is the mentioned quote from mike:

"I develop all the tables on Xbox first. Then they get ported to the other tables.

Because the graphics processor on PS3 is different than Xbox, it uses a different method for doing post processing. The Xbox version was submitted with the lighting blown out, before the PS3 versions lighting was done. After PS3 was done, we found better ways to do lighting on Xbox, but the game was already submitted and in the approval process from Microsoft.

The lighting is much better once the title update (and optional downloadable update) come out. Hopefully soon.

Features and gameplay are shared between Xbox and PS3. Lighting is separated cause they GPUs are different."

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Very rarely do developers code from scratch on each platform. They develop on one and then port to the rest, otherwise it would require a ton of extra time and work, and developers don't work for peanuts.

Last edited:

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
I've heard that most developers make the game for 360 then port over because they said that the 360 is "easier" and the hardware for PS3 is too difficult. That's why games like Bayonetta and such look better on 360 than the PS3. In this case, it seems as though FS is developing for Sony. I have both versions of TPA on the consoles and the PS3 version definitely looks better. Maybe because of the lighting. I hope the 360 gets the same treatment though.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
I've heard that most developers make the game for 360 then port over because they said that the 360 is "easier" and the hardware for PS3 is too difficult. That's why games like Bayonetta and such look better on 360 than the PS3. In this case, it seems as though FS is developing for Sony. I have both versions of TPA on the consoles and the PS3 version definitely looks better. Maybe because of the lighting. I hope the 360 gets the same treatment though.

The 360 version is getting the exact same treatment. However, due to the issues they are having with Microsoft they have been unable to update the game with all of the improvements. Eventually things will get sorted out and hopefully both consoles will be great experiences.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
The 360 version is getting the exact same treatment. However, due to the issues they are having with Microsoft they have been unable to update the game with all of the improvements. Eventually things will get sorted out and hopefully both consoles will be great experiences.

Oh okay good stuff. Equality for all is what I say!

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
In this case, it seems as though FS is developing for Sony. I have both versions of TPA on the consoles and the PS3 version definitely looks better. Maybe because of the lighting. I hope the 360 gets the same treatment though.

That isn't the case. Xbox 360 is the lead SKU; the rest are ports of that. The lighting looks better on PS3 because it's newer. The 360 is getting that lighting whenever the current title update is approved. All of these things are officially confirmed by FarSight in this post: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/729-General-Illumination?p=15468&viewfull=1#post15468

I know you're new to the forum today, so you might want to stop and take a look at recent posts by the FarSight team members who post here to get caught up with what the rest of us know.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
That isn't the case. Xbox 360 is the lead SKU; the rest are ports of that. The lighting looks better on PS3 because it's newer. The 360 is getting that lighting whenever the current title update is approved. All of these things are officially confirmed by FarSight in this post: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/729-General-Illumination?p=15468&viewfull=1#post15468

I know you're new to the forum today, so you might want to stop and take a look at recent posts by the FarSight team members who post here to get caught up with what the rest of us know.

Thanks for informing me about the ins and outs of SKU. (I'm not computer saavy at all) I only made that determination about the PS3 being used as the base module because I saw that the 360 didn't look like the PS3. Thank you again for letting me know that its not. I will definitely take a look over there in the link you provided, Beelzebozo!

Groni

Jul 19, 2012
Guess I need an american accout :) Here in Germany, there is only the basepack :( Addon 1+2 coming mid august :(

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Don't want to start a console flame war here, but the companies that say the PS3 is too hard to code for are usually inexperienced devs. Developers that can harness the power of it have games with stellar results.

The main reason I didn't go with the 360 for my TPA experience is that I bought 3 systems and they all RROD so it basically made my choice very easy. :) PS3 for large screen pinball fun, iPod Touch for small screens, and hopefully soon, and iPad for medium pinball goodness.

I do hope thy can figure out how to let PS3 users play music in the background. Otherwise the 360 will have that advantage. I have a 8th" audio splitter with my PS3 + iPod going out to my headphones so I can use it that way, but it's a bit silly in 2012 to resort to this to play music. ;)

robx46

Apr 5, 2012
The creature ramp looks off on CFTBL. Also it is using full size chaser lamps. Those are miniature lamps in real life. Hope they fix that.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
And today we find out its not :( That was a good one FS you got me I actually thought you were going to release it this month IM SO STUPID!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.