DLC Release Date

N

Nik Barbour

I was playing pinball in the 1950's, were you?

Sorry for the off topic but can't resist with a history this good.

Wow - 60 years pinballing, that is awesome!
I was dying to ask, what are your 5 all time favourite tables Timelord?

pinbot-76

Jul 11, 2012
2005 called, it wants it's consolewar threads back

(please stay on topic)

I think you misunderstood me. I might be too old or never paid attention to any console war in the first place. I was trying to illustrate that the long delay for xbox TPA content had pushed me to do something I never thought I'd do, which is double up on consoles. I'm still impatiently waiting for xbox content but I think (for better or for worse) that the PS3 has become my main console. I'm still going to buy my favorite tables on xbox whenever they pop up, but was genuinely surprised by the quality of free games offered by the plus service compared to the deal (joke?) of the week. So yeah... topic being xbox dlc date and me expressing frustration like most everyone else here.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Rafie, I own and play a **few** Zen tables. Speed Machine, Agents mostly tables that were derived from actual physical tables. They are pretty, but way too easy. The point I was trying to make, and please don't get me wrong, is that as "free play" games they are fine; but if I actually had to pump quarters into them in order to play I would probably not.

The games Farsight has done were actual "quarter gobblers" that folks would "queue up" to play. The unwritten rule "back in the day" is that if you wanted to buy in or compete with a player while the machine was in use you would place the quarters on the glass near the plunger/ game card. Sometimes there would be a long line of quarters representing various opponents waiting for their chance. I sincerely doubt that many Zen games would generate that kind of revenue or interest.

A whole different world, I admit.

Nik check your PMs....

Timelord

Last edited:

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
Rafie, I own and play a **few** Zen tables. Speed Machine, Agents mostly tables that were derived from actual physical tables. They are pretty, but way too easy. The point I was trying to make, and please don't get me wrong, is that as "free play" games they are fine; but if I actually had to pump quarters into them in order to play I would probably not.

The games Farsight has done were actual "quarter gobblers" that folks would "queue up" to play. The unwritten rule "back in the day" is that if you wanted to buy in or compete with a player while the machine was in use you would place the quarters on the glass near the plunger/ game card. Sometimes there would be a long line of quarters representing various opponents waiting for their chance. I sincerely doubt that many Zen games would generate that kind of revenue or interest.

A whole different world, I admit.

Nik check your PMs....

Timelord

Well nonetheless....I got to respect your hustle game on real pinball tables. That's 60 plus years experience. You sir most certainly have the right to say what's good or not. I have nothing but respect for you, Timelord. :D

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Possibly, but I would wager not.

He should drop us small clues :D

He worked at Bally but not in the Pinball division. So my guess was hopelessly wrong !

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Time Lord is 60? That's awesome.

As for Zen there's no "war" going on, especially not here. Fanboys in general are an old, dead cliche the remaining fanboys are either self aware and do it on purpose to rile people up, any real ones are just the subject of ridicule as they should be.

I've repeatedly said Zen was crap and I also think visual pinball is crap. That's my opinion. Some people like it hey good for them. Some people just have bad taste can't get mad about it. That's like hating Justin Beaver fans. They like it hey good for them.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
There was about as much chance of that happening as the economy making a full recovery and peace being declared in the Middle East.

How were we supposed to know that?

Can you legally give us a vague time frame?

There's no need to be condescending to people who have been supporting your product heavily. I've spent close to a hundred bucks myself not to mention gotten nearly a dozen people to buy it. I even got it as an Xmas gift for two more people this year. A simple "not happening in December unfortunately" would have sufficed.

I guess I theres probably more of a chance the world ends in 3 days than dlc in January. More of a chance Jesus returns in February, and more of a chance hell freezes over by march. If that's all you have to say then maybe you shouldn't bother responding at all.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012

There's no need to be condescending to people who have been supporting your product heavily. I've spent close to a hundred bucks myself not to mention gotten nearly a dozen people to buy it. I even got it as an Xmas gift for two more people this year. A simple "not happening in December unfortunately" would have sufficed.

I guess I theres probably more of a chance the world ends in 3 days than dlc in January. More of a chance Jesus returns in February, and more of a chance hell freezes over by march. If that's all you have to say then maybe you shouldn't bother responding at all.

You do realize that Richard does not represent FarSight Studios, correct?

karl

May 10, 2012
This has probably been said before, but I think the way to go with a new publisher would be to release a new Pinball Arcade on the xbox and have free table crossovers from the one already there for those that have bought them. A good way to start clean for Farsight on the 360 since there will be a lot of new tables coming out at once when the deal is ready and no extra submission fee for all the tables that are available by that time. Seems much easier to me. Should not be a problem with kickstarter either if you can download The Pinball Arcade 2 for free without any tables. Anyone agree or am I totally off here?

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012
This has probably been said before, but I think the way to go with a new publisher would be to release a new Pinball Arcade on the xbox and have free table crossovers from the one already there for those that have bought them. A good way to start clean for Farsight on the 360 since there will be a lot of new tables coming out at once when the deal is ready and no extra submission fee for all the tables that are available by that time. Seems much easier to me. Should not be a problem with kickstarter either if you can download The Pinball Arcade 2 for free without any tables. Anyone agree or am I totally off here?

Just this bit...

<i>since there will be a lot of new tables coming out at once when the deal is ready</i>

I think that massively optimistic.

nosro

Dec 14, 2012

Maybe, or maybe not. I think a lot of people here are failing to recognize the difficulties of negotiating a contract. Negotiating a contract is not the same thing as shopping for a TV at Walmart. If this is anything like other contract negotiations, promising a delivery date could put FarSight in an inferior negotiating position.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012

As Pin Wiz said, Richard doesn't represent FarSight.

We cannot give out a time frame because the legalities haven't been solved yet. And if we guessed at a date and missed it, it would just anger everyone more.

We'll have a better idea when once the publisher issues have been resolved and we can submit to Microsoft.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Sorry I said that wrong.

I meant to say something more like "We'll have a better idea of when our release date will be, once we are able to submit to Microsoft"
And there's the answer. Once they get the publishing deal finished, they can submit it to MS and give us at least some idea when we can expect it. Until that happens, nothing anyone except Mike (or other FS employees) says will be anything other than useless speculation.

Sorry if I offended anyone with my last post. Words on a page can often have a different tone than intended.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts