DLC Release Date

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
When these DLC packs do hit XBLA there damn well better not be any bugs that have been reported on other platforms already, FS will have no excuse in the matter they've had a good 6 months to polish the majority of these tables to a pristine shine!!!

I wonder if they will have a 24 hrs XBLA sale on certain DLC packs to say sorry for this complete balls up!?

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Why would they though? They already have all of the tables done for the 360. It would seem silly to have nothing left but distribution and then decide to not release them and earn some money.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, but it hasn't exactly worked out for them so far...

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
When these DLC packs do hit XBLA there damn well better not be any bugs that have been reported on other platforms already, FS will have no excuse in the matter they've had a good 6 months to polish the majority of these tables to a pristine shine!!!

I wonder if they will have a 24 hrs XBLA sale on certain DLC packs to say sorry for this complete balls up!?
They're not going to be a "pristine shine" since they can't make any changes once they've been submitted (though when, or if, they've been submitted is as yet unknown to us).

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012

Noble idea-but it won't happen. FarSight has probably lost a lot of money due to the xbox bottleneck and who could blame them for wanting to make some of it back. The price for new tables, IMHO, is still worth it compared to actually having to buy a new system just to support a program which, for all of its' troubles, is still worthy of our support.

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012

I think it's safe to say the known bugs will still be there and future removal of those bugs (via updates/patches) will see the 360 fall further behind other platforms. Btw, they will have excuses loaded up if they even bother to acknowledge our concerns.

karl

May 10, 2012
Here is my guess about the news announcement: The news will probably be vague and people will complain about not specific dates even though specific dates is impossible to give. My guess is something like this. We plan on submitting the game to microsoft within the next month hopefully and then it is up to microsoft. This actually means something like this: Another 3 - 4 weeks + Microsoft accepting the build = another 3 - 6 weeks + time frame from the build being accepted until it reaches the consumer another 2-4 weeks. This is of course a guess and I for one am happy just to get any news but if I am not totally off here, this means Twilight zone and Star Trek probably Early- Mid May and table packs coming out something like every two week after that up to the Feb or March packs. Then sometime in July or August they will submit the next batch of tables to microsoft all at once (March -July packs). I could of course be very wrong here and this is the news: Microsoft has accepted the new build and all the tables will be out by the end of the month ;-)

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
My guess is we won't even get as far as to knowing the name of the new publisher.

But as long as we're hearing anything that isn't just an announcement about another announcement about another announcement within some obscure timeframe into the future, I'll be happy. Right now we are very much in the dark.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
It would make perfect sense if it cost them more to release them than they projected them to earn. It's not lack of resolve on FS's part; it's legal issues, stringent rules, and maybe even personal animosity from individuals in high positions of power at MS.

I think the fact that in PinWiz's latest update there is an 'XBox 360 TBA' note for the release date on each of the table packs bodes well as they probably wouldn't allow him to put that there if they were thinking there is a possibility that 360 support would be stopping.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
It would make perfect sense if it cost them more to release them than they projected them to earn. It's not lack of resolve on FS's part; it's legal issues, stringent rules, and maybe even personal animosity from individuals in high positions of power at MS.
We're already past that point. FarSight would not have bothered to devote time and resources to finding a new publisher and going through the complex legal dance of transferring rights if they did not expect to make money on the 360 version. This is especially true since FarSight now knows from hard experience that the 360 submission process is a total pain in the arse, so if it wasn't making money, FarSight would have taken the opportunity to dump it when Crave went under.

I think it's safe to say the known bugs will still be there and future removal of those bugs (via updates/patches) will see the 360 fall further behind other platforms. Btw, they will have excuses loaded up if they even bother to acknowledge our concerns.
The 360 version is generally the best-behaved out of any version, your issues with FunHouse notwithstanding. The development is done on the 360, so there are no bugs introduced by the converting the code to other platforms, which is responsible for a lot of the weirdness we see on other platforms, such as PS3's Black Knight, which is the result of graphical conversion gone wrong.

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012
We're already past that point. FarSight would not have bothered to devote time and resources to finding a new publisher and going through the complex legal dance of transferring rights if they did not expect to make money on the 360 version. This is especially true since FarSight now knows from hard experience that the 360 submission process is a total pain in the arse, so if it wasn't making money, FarSight would have taken the opportunity to dump it when Crave went under.

The 360 version is generally the best-behaved out of any version, your issues with FunHouse notwithstanding. The development is done on the 360, so there are no bugs introduced by the converting the code to other platforms, which is responsible for a lot of the weirdness we see on other platforms, such as PS3's Black Knight, which is the result of graphical conversion gone wrong.

The reason the 360 version is the best behaved may have a lot to do with it being the deveopment platform. It's also because there's less content to find fault with. You watch this board light up when the various DLC's arrive. The bugs we have encounterd on the other platforms will still be there.

aangel

Jul 7, 2012
This is from the facebook page:

Joseph Borkovich

Quick question that I don't see answered anywhere....why have no new tables come out for the Xbox version of this game?

Like · · 8 hours ago

View 5 more comments..

The Pinball Arcade: We are experiencing issues with publishing to the XBLA, and are working to resolve them so we can continue to release on that platform.

43 minutes ago · Like

SAY IT ISN'T SO!!!

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
This is from the facebook page:

Joseph Borkovich

Quick question that I don't see answered anywhere....why have no new tables come out for the Xbox version of this game?

Like · · 8 hours ago

View 5 more comments..

The Pinball Arcade: We are experiencing issues with publishing to the XBLA, and are working to resolve them so we can continue to release on that platform.

43 minutes ago · Like

SAY IT ISN'T SO!!!
It's so - and is old news. What we're waiting for is an update on that situation, which should come this week (probably Fri).

aangel

Jul 7, 2012
But Richard this information from the FB page was just posted tonight 2/13/13. So it seems like there hasn't been any progress yet! What is going on?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
But Richard this information from the FB page was just posted tonight 2/13/13. So it seems like there hasn't been any progress yet! What is going on?

Transferring publishing licenses from their previous publisher to their new publisher is taking longer than expected due to their previous publisher filing for bankruptcy. FarSight will update the community on this issue towards the end of the week.

bugged1

Sep 29, 2012
well i have been waiting patiantly for months now, and to be honest tba has worn all my goodwill away now,
i will purchase the dlc when it arrives(really doubt it though), its stupid for me to change console now,
but feeling ripped off now. not good. get it sorted....

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts