DLC Release Date

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
In what way whatsoever is that what he says?

Personally, I'm glad to see a company that doesn't keep everything under a thick layer of superficial PR. Of course there's a difference between people who just clicked "like" on something on Facebook, and those who actually signed up on an internet forum to discuss it! That's not the same as saying their opinions matter less.

Hell yes. I played tons of TPA, and while I've encountered bugs, they were rare, and very rarely game breaking. And that's the a-few-patches-behind 360 version. Some people are just never satisfied.

Well, from what I'm hearing, it seems that new patches may fix some problems but create other new problems. That's the nature of the digital beast. But it's hard to be satisfied knowing some people get to play ST:TNG and TZ now-while Xbox 360 and PC owners may or may not get to play these tables unless they live near an arcade.

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012
I've only ever encountered a few issues and the odd bug. Folks saying that it's unplayable etc etc are just really over reacting imo. It's still a good game, it'll be a great great game in a few more months I'm certain. There's plenty of other games to play if you're that fed up with this 'unplayable beta software'.
Chin up Mike, every day's a school day and the kids will always come out to play!

It's not really overreacting. When you get to a point where you can play a table at such a level as to compete for the top score, it's massively likely you'll hit the known game ending bug before the game ends naturally. I reported this here first on 2 tables (Funhouse and Elvira) and recently encountered the BoP one. It really kills the game for video pinballers of a high skill level.

aangel

Jul 7, 2012
But it's hard to be satisfied knowing some people get to play ST:TNG and TZ now-while Xbox 360 and PC owners may or may not get to play these tables unless they live near an arcade.

I hear ya there, buddy. One day in our lifetime we will play it on our PCs and Consoles.

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
I hear ya there, buddy. One day in our lifetime we will play it on our PCs and Consoles.

I'm waiting as patiently as possible, myself, it's pretty rough though, these were two out of three games I was really waiting for (the third being BK2K). If you want to help, I think we should start campaigns to promote TPA on greenlight on the major video game forums out there, to get more people voting and aware. I posted some ideas on the greenlight thread here and I think someone should hit up Reddit and Neogaf as they are huge and we could use the support.

WildWingMafia

Nov 8, 2012
I will be happy to shout FarSight and TPAs praises from the rooftops (like I did when they first arrived on scene) as soon as they fix what Ive already paid for. People with the Xbox 360 version of the game saying chill out -- the Xbox 360 seemed to be the least buggy version. Youve had few updates, and fewer tables to play and you wonder why you dont see as many game breaking bugs? I played the heck out of the 360 version. But I would like to focus on other tables now. When you decide to do that and jump to a new platform, I will be waiting with a sign that says Welcome To Game-Breaking Bug City.

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
It's not really overreacting. When you get to a point where you can play a table at such a level as to compete for the top score, it's massively likely you'll hit the known game ending bug before the game ends naturally. I reported this here first on 2 tables (Funhouse and Elvira) and recently encountered the BoP one. It really kills the game for video pinballers of a high skill level.
Elvira isn't out on the xbox yet. I'm talking about the xbox version here, it is the xbox section after all! But I do understand where you're coming from.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
The bug that's bothering Mark, in which the ball somehow gets "stuck" but the attendant doesn't think it's stuck (possibly an undetected lock of some sort), seemed to manifest somewhere in pretty much every game on all platforms. But I admit I haven't actually seen it in a while, so maybe they at least mitigated it in recent versions. Maybe.

N

Nik Barbour

Next week they plan to post news? That's a really odd announcement :p
It better be good news!

It was right next to some screen shots of the next dlc tables, which they'd gone to some length to make clear were from Xbox360.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
It was right next to some screen shots of the next dlc tables, which they'd gone to some length to make clear were from Xbox360.

Wasn't that what FarSight "promised" 360 users last April on FaceBook? I know it was supposed to be a joke-too bad it was so foretelling.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013

Yes, and I would like to thank FarSight for making it clear that the images were indeed from the Xbox version. :)

That in itself gives us some hope for the future.

Looking forward to some Xbox related news, this coming week.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Yes, and I would like to thank FarSight for making it clear that the images were indeed from the Xbox version. :)

That in itself gives us some hope for the future.

Looking forward to some Xbox related news, this coming week.

All early images and videos are from the Xbox 360 since that is the platform everything for The Pinball Arcade is developed on. All content is ported over to the other platforms after the completion of development on the Xbox 360 platform.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Admitted, even if they'd just announce that we won't get any more TPA for 360, I'd at least know I should get the PS3 version instead.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
Why would they though? They already have all of the tables done for the 360. It would seem silly to have nothing left but distribution and then decide to not release them and earn some money.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Why would they though? They already have all of the tables done for the 360. It would seem silly to have nothing left but distribution and then decide to not release them and earn some money.
It would make perfect sense if it cost them more to release them than they projected them to earn. It's not lack of resolve on FS's part; it's legal issues, stringent rules, and maybe even personal animosity from individuals in high positions of power at MS.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
All early images and videos are from the Xbox 360 since that is the platform everything for The Pinball Arcade is developed on. All content is ported over to the other platforms after the completion of development on the Xbox 360 platform.

Granted, that may be the case but it hasn't always been clear which platform the media has been taken from.

Obviously it can be confusing if the screenshots and videos are taken from tables that are not available on that particular platform.

In this instance, I just wanted to say thanks to FarSight for making it clear what we were looking at.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts