DLC Schedule For The Next Six Months

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I take it you don't care for Taxi either, then? (And actually, compared to its contemporaries, Scared Stiff itself doesn't have a particularly deep ruleset.)

I still think Party Monsters is going to make a lot more sense paired with Scared Stiff than anything else thematically appropriate. Basically the only three other choices are Dracula, Tales from the Crypt, or Haunted House, and the connection to any of those is tenuous at best. The first two would overshadow PM, and the third would not make a very compelling DLC pack in my opinion.

Thematically, it could probably only be paired with another Party table like Party Zone or Dr. Dude. Since it does have a monster theme, it could go with any other horror themed table (as you mentioned, not more than in a tenuous association) but Scared Stiff would be great. Getting all that Elvira in one month would be awesome. I just hope this really comes to be in October.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Thematically, it could probably only be paired with another Party table like Party Zone or Dr. Dude. Since it does have a monster theme, it could go with any other horror themed table (as you mentioned, not more than in a tenuous association) but Scared Stiff would be great. Getting all that Elvira in one month would be awesome. I just hope this really comes to be in October.

The CV/FH pack is the only thematically sensible pairing. Scared Stiff and any other monster table is a much stronger association than any of the other packs released so far.
Scared Stiff does have a shallow rule set compared to its contemporaries, but it makes up for it in production values. The same cannot be said for Party Monsters.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Thematically, it could probably only be paired with another Party table like Party Zone or Dr. Dude.
Not only would they be linked thematically, they are also linked officially. Nordman designed four party themed tables - the three aforementioned, and the first in the series, Party Animal. Party Zone was the last entry, and featured characters from the previous three games.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Not only would they be linked thematically, they are also linked officially. Nordman designed four party themed tables - the three aforementioned, and the first in the series, Party Animal. Party Zone was the last entry, and featured characters from the previous three games.

Exactly. Although Party Animal has that weird artwork of giant dog people in bikinis with fake boobs or big muscles. Pretty cringe worthy. It's like the 80's at their worst but it is a fun table.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I think Pin Wiz is pretty close on the table possibilities for the rest of the year so some of my assumptions are based around his.
My guesses for August to December:

Aug: Harley Davidson/Taxi
Sept:Attack from Mars/PinBot
Oct: Scared Stiff/Elvira and the Party Monsters or Haunted House
Nov: Twilight Zone/Firepower
Dec: ST:TNG/Space Shuttle

Judi Chop

May 10, 2012
Hey Pin Wiz I seen on facebook you said attack from mars and space shuttle is coming in August. Did farsight actually say this or was this just your guess on it? Just wondering, always looking forward to whats coming up.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Hey Pin Wiz I seen on facebook you said attack from mars and space shuttle is coming in August. Did farsight actually say this or was this just your guess on it? Just wondering, always looking forward to whats coming up.

All information points to Attack From Mars and Space Shuttle as the August DLC tables. Of course, FarSight makes the final decision on what tables are next and what tables they need to hold off on.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
All information points to Attack From Mars and Space Shuttle as the August DLC tables. Of course, FarSight makes the final decision on what tables are next and what tables they need to hold off on.

This would be awesome!!! I've been hungry to play AFM.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012

If AFM comes in August I'd be happy to be wrong but really surprised Farsight didn't bring Stern's HD during the summer months. Maybe all the bashing it got on here had something to do with it. :rolleyes:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Im happy re-buying 11 of 13 pins from PHoFTWC, but its the GOTLIEB collection thats got me wondering. I heard a pool game and seen big shot...ahhh maaan, its waaay to soon to bring out the oldies. SHARKS & POOL YAY! GOTLIEB....uh how often you play BLACK HOLE?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
If AFM comes in August I'd be happy to be wrong but really surprised Farsight didn't bring Stern's HD during the summer months. Maybe all the bashing it got on here had something to do with it. :rolleyes:

If they remove tables due to complaints on here, Space Shuttle wouldn't be released either. At least they're sweetening that turd by pairing it with AFM.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Im happy re-buying 11 of 13 pins from PHoFTWC, but its the GOTLIEB collection thats got me wondering. I heard a pool game and seen big shot...ahhh maaan, its waaay to soon to bring out the oldies. SHARKS & POOL YAY! GOTLIEB....uh how often you play BLACK HOLE?

I play it quite often, even though it is the F.U. edition. If they get it working correctly I'll play it even more.

N

Nik Barbour

Out of the 4 tables we've got for xbox, I play Black Hole the most.
(although when dlc is eventually released - that will change).

Eric Qel-Droma

Jul 3, 2012
Taxi is my favorite PHoF table that we haven't seen yet. I can't wait to play it with the new graphics and physics... and find out I'm even worse at it than before, probably.

TNG isn't confirmed, is it?

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
TNG isn't confirmed, is it?

No. It is confirmed to be possible but a kickstarter is required. About a third of the funds were raised as overage from the Twilight zone Kickstarter. The rest will probably be raised quite easily on their next kickstarter initiative assuming they don't have any disasters between now and then and the X360 stuff gets released.

F

Franky

i'm curious if the whole $ 22.499 overage is still there or if, and how many, people have taken back their pledge.

N

Nik Barbour

It was locked at the end of the kickstarter I think. I got a receipt off amazon seconds after it ended for my pledge value.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
i'm curious if the whole $ 22.499 overage is still there or if, and how many, people have taken back their pledge.

You can't retreat pledges after the kickstarter closes, you get billed right away. The only question is how much of the 22.499 is left after amazon/kickstarter take their share and how many total CC-charges (so of the complete amount) bounced.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Where did they get this mid-July date from? The 17th is the last Tuesday that can be considered mid-July, no matter how you calculate it, and the official release page still has mid-July as the release "date". Is there at least a strong possibility we'll finally get our DLC, or should they change it to "coming soon", or perhaps just "coming"?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts