Doctor Who Kickstarter

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Oh nice. They're bringing out the big guns now wanting this to happen.

The $85 is a pretty good deal if you play on two platforms. I'm assuming this is the non-pro season version. So a $60 value + the two versions of the Who tables and the two pinball sets. I was at $60 with just the two tables and two ball packs. So I'm in at $85 now.

Wow, was hoping TAF gold would be offered at a lower and more reasonable tier level. Guess gold really is just for rich people... They should really make it a $5 add on after his kickstarter.

Well they set the precedent again by making the table limited and high priced. If they put it out for $5 right after this Kickstarter those that paid $99 would be pretty pissed. So they can't do that for awhile again.

Lostboy

Oct 21, 2012
Farsight said in the comments about being pro or not, "That's a good question. We will have to get back to you about this tomorrow. We will make a note"

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
It's pretty saddening that Farsight didn't reach out to Whovians, they would be new users who'd probably buy some of the other tables as well. Instead Farsight are relying on their existing users to make this KS succeed.

You can't milk a cow forever.

jached

Feb 21, 2015
Wow, was hoping TAF gold would be offered at a lower and more reasonable tier level. Guess gold really is just for rich people... They should really make it a $5 add on after his kickstarter.

As for season passes - I am on psn and iOS - apply reward to those platforms please (iOS at beginning of season not end)

We know that the iOS restriction comes from Apple, not FarSight, and that psn timing is due to platform limititations. There's no chance (for now) that this will change.

As a TAF gold "owner", I really respect the way they have incorporated it as a tier in this offering. There is always, apparently, the Twitch lottery :)

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
As a TAF gold "owner", I really respect the way they have incorporated it as a tier in this offering. There is always, apparently, the Twitch lottery :)
It's unlocked for free on PS3.
I honestly can't see why people would pay more than $5 for it.
And because it was a reward again in this KS it means that no one will see it for $5.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I`m happy just wacked it up to $100= for me great value.if you can afford it please chuck in a few extra $,every bit counts wether it`s 50c or $200 !!!:cool:

jached

Feb 21, 2015
It's unlocked for free on PS3.
I honestly can't see why people would pay more than $5 for it.
And because it was a reward again in this KS it means that no one will see it for $5.

I bow to you and the countless others who tout this as a justification that it should just "exist" for everyone on any other platform, or be $5. FFS, just buy and limit yourself to a PS3, then. It doesn't mean you deserve it. It doesn't mean I can't respect the fact that ponying up for the $100 tier back then is being respected by this new offering. I really embrace this company and their efforts. I like that I've made a difference. You're welcome to whatever aspect of that spectrum you choose to fall upon.

Last edited:

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
I really embrace this company and their efforts.
What efforts? The only reason TAF Gold is in this KS is because the KS was about to fail.
If FarSight had done a little effort into reaching Whovians before the start of the KS campaign then they wouldn't be needing existing users to help them out, again.

jached

Feb 21, 2015
What efforts? The only reason TAF Gold is in this KS is because the KS was about to fail.
If FarSight had done a little effort into reaching Whovians before the start of the KS campaign then they wouldn't be needing existing users to help them out, again.

Well played. No arguing with that logic.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.