Does anyone out there want to see Jive Time in TPA?

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
I'd like to see it included in TPA so I can have quick access to it when I'm playing pinball. I'd be satisfied with a straight port from the PHOF disk without any extra work being done unless the new physics engine improves the gameplay.

I know it isn't the best table but I do find it addicting trying to hit the wheel spin hole. And it feels good any time I last longer the 5 seconds since it is such a drain monster.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I was thrilled when I finally unlocked it, but I haven't played it enough to form an opinion. I can name three EM tables from the Gottlieb Collection I'd want before this however.

the ajp

Jun 17, 2012
I was thrilled when I finally unlocked it, but I haven't played it enough to form an opinion. I can name three EM tables from the Gottlieb Collection I'd want before this however.
Played it till i beat all the goal's then never went back to it ... Jive Time is too annoying to be fun .. not about skill more about luck ..

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
No, for the simple fact that it won't appeal to the masses and with FarSight's resources already strained, I'd much rather see them being used on the 100+ tables that are much more appealing than Jive Time.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
I would not pay for Jive Time. It's bad enough in real life. If you can get the skillshot for the extra ball reliably you are golden, but there's really no other strategy beyond that for the table. WAAAAAYYYYYYY too much luck...

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
They will just bundle it with something else, as they did with "Goin' Nuts". When the thread started there was the option to purchase tables individually. Now they can just throw it into the mix.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I'd say that the only way it gets included in TPA is with a top of the line DMD. Put it with TAF or Fish Tales for the best effects.
Or put it as part of a three pack. ..

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I'd say that the only way it gets included in TPA is with a top of the line DMD. Put it with TAF or Fish Tales for the best effects.
Or put it as part of a three pack. ..

Yeah. Make a 3 pack with Jive Time, Play-Boy and Strikes N Spares.

I really think Jive Time is a good table.

I enjoyed the whole "risking your tokens" on the Play-boy game in the Gottlieb Collection, but there is nothing to risk in TPA :(

And Strikes N Spares is just... Ungh. But the completist in me wants it.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I never played PHOF, so I'd be quite happy to try it out.

Something makes me thing that we'll end up seeing all the tables from PHOF because I'd imagine it saves FS a lot of costs to reuse assets.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Wow, where did this thread come back from? And where's Skill_Shot to speak on behalf of Jive Time?

I would like to see FS have some fun with this table when it gets to be the last PHoF table not remade.

First build it quietly without anyone knowing - which should be relatively quick since they've already scripted it and there's not a lot of stuff on the playfield to model right? Then don't put it in a pack, but rather make it exclusively available as a reward for a big kickstarter for like only $50 and above pledges. Then watch it drive people nuts not having it available to complete their set of tables and seeing it in the scoreboard list but not having any way to play it. Then wait for people to start begging them to release it for sale.. Ok maybe not.

Throwing it into a 3-pack sounds reasonable though.

jazzman

May 30, 2013
I know that most people will definitely prefer the 90's pins over the EMs but I've been hooked on pinball since the early 70's and I can tell you that 'Jive time' was one of the more popular tables in the arcades at the time. I therefore would love to see that particular table and hopefully many more EMs in TPA. It would be a shame if this is the only table from the PHOF collections that doesn't get re-released. Some people may say they hate it (even though they may never even have played it) but I'm sure that just as well, there are many other people out there who will really enjoy it if they are given the chance to try it.
Don't get me wrong, I think all the tables in TPA are great and will buy all the packs that Farsight release on day one. They are doing an excellent job and deserve all the credit they can get. I just love pinball FULL STOP. From the earliest Gottliebs to the latest Sterns. So come on people, let's give it a chance!

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
the skill shot is to plunge and nudge the ball into the upper saucer without rolling over the button rollover above it, which gets you an EXTRA BALL every time. considering what a drain monster the table is, you need every extra ball.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.