Does anyone out there want to see Jive Time in TPA?

N

netizen

I know that most people will definitely prefer the 90's pins over the EMs but I've been hooked on pinball since the early 70's and I can tell you that 'Jive time' was one of the more popular tables in the arcades at the time. I therefore would love to see that particular table and hopefully many more EMs in TPA. It would be a shame if this is the only table from the PHOF collections that doesn't get re-released. Some people may say they hate it (even though they may never even have played it) but I'm sure that just as well, there are many other people out there who will really enjoy it if they are given the chance to try it.
Don't get me wrong, I think all the tables in TPA are great and will buy all the packs that Farsight release on day one. They are doing an excellent job and deserve all the credit they can get. I just love pinball FULL STOP. From the earliest Gottliebs to the latest Sterns. So come on people, let's give it a chance!

What an impassioned first post :)

Welcome to the forum. With a love for the game like that you'll enjoy the discussions around here.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
Yeah. Make a 3 pack with Jive Time, Play-Boy and Strikes N Spares.

I really think Jive Time is a good table.

I enjoyed the whole "risking your tokens" on the Play-boy game in the Gottlieb Collection, but there is nothing to risk in TPA :(
And Strikes N Spares is just... Ungh. But the completist in me wants it.

That would be one pack I'd refuse to buy.

And I've bought every pack faithfully on release day.

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
I like Jive Time. I think it gets a bad rap because it was so slow and clunky on the PHOF game, and the only EM of the bunch. So compared to everything else on there, it stunk. I do agree there are better EM tables I'd like to see. Like Fireball.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I like Jive Time. I think it gets a bad rap because it was so slow and clunky on the PHOF game, and the only EM of the bunch. So compared to everything else on there, it stunk. I do agree there are better EM tables I'd like to see. Like Fireball.

I guess there are EMs that I would rather see than Jive Time. Like Fireball, Atlantis and OXO were all fun. But I will be p*ssed if Spirit of 76 makes it over Jive Time. I was really disappointed that it was #2 on the EM poll.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
I found it weirdly addictive in Pinball Hall of Fame. I think the cruel, luck-heavy nature of it actually made it more addictive. If it came out in TPA I'd probably play it.

But there are much better EMs out there. For that matter, Big Shot and Central Park are both better.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
I found it weirdly addictive in Pinball Hall of Fame. I think the cruel, luck-heavy nature of it actually made it more addictive. If it came out in TPA I'd probably play it.

But there are much better EMs out there. For that matter, Big Shot and Central Park are both better.

This, LOL ...

But eventually it would be nice just for completeness.

Timelord ...

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I'd love to see it,

I've never played it so it will be brand new to me.
I love...LOVE Big Shot. I'm lukewarm on Central Park but it's not a bad table and fun to fire up here and there between lengthy sessions.
I'm game for any EMs as they are like underdogs. I mean, BS wasn't expected to be well received and it ended up being very well received in the end. That and it's one of my favorite tables in the entire game.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
In order of things I'd like to see before Jive Time:

Love Tester.
Penny weight scale.
Penny "peep-o-matic" featuring "raunchy" 1920s women showing some leg.
Goin Nuts fan made sequel
The robot fortune teller machine from Big
One of those "rides" that take a quarter and last 20 seconds
Flinstones Dinosaur Egg Machine
A ticket dispensing game where you roll a ball around
This https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26uw6rtepDk

Sega sonic popcorn machine
Jive time

Last edited:
K

Korven

Only if they put it out for free as a kinda sadistic x-mas present. Drove me nuts in PHOF.

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
To all those ripping Jive Time, I'd like to hear what don't you like about it as compared with other EM's around the same time? I'm talking about the real machine, not the PHOF treatment. I have a feeling you are basing your opinions on the PHOF treatment and not the potential of a new TPA recreation.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I don't find the rules very interesting (mostly just spin the wheel). It also has very wide outlanes even for that era. And the luck factor of the wheel can make the scoring not very indicative of how well you really played. Those are the three things that have me lukewarm on it. But I think the art is super and I would certainly play it a bunch. I'd just prefer many EMs over it.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I don't find the rules very interesting (mostly just spin the wheel). It also has very wide outlanes even for that era. And the luck factor of the wheel can make the scoring not very indicative of how well you really played. Those are the three things that have me lukewarm on it. But I think the art is super and I would certainly play it a bunch. I'd just prefer many EMs over it.

The art is indeed groovy. At least it has that going for it. And it would be quite a bit better with updated physics, but yeah there are many EMs that deserve TPA treatment first.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.