DX11 Public Beta Bugs

Gozer

Jun 10, 2013
[*]Cirqus: I'm seeing rectangular objects around the left part of the ramp and left orbit, as well as the right side of the DMD.

HTT4xf0.jpg

I took a screen shot and circled the effected areas.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
I guess our rig cant handle it. Its real slow and stuttering. Wish I knew more about computers, guess now I have a reason to learn

Zappa

Nov 15, 2013
Did you set your monitor to portrait?

I'll have to look at it some more on Monday.

Yeah, before I start the game, I go to my Nvidia settings, hit the rotate to portrait, then manually flip the monitor, start up the game and it just occupies a band in the center of the table, game not in portrait. DX11 looks cool, I tried to test the strobe multiball in attack from mars, but couldn't get it to come up....but I did get my #2 high score....when you don't try to score, you do...go figure. :)

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I called it!!! In the timeframe on DX11, I said that I hoped the increase in graphics quality wouldn't decrease sound quality. Seems like it has on some tables-though not as bad as the audio abomination that was the PS4.

Also, on my new HP Envy with 3.4ghZ AMD A10 7700 Radeon R7, 12 GB RAM, and AMD Radeon R7-gameplay is at a snail's pace (10FPS at best).

Oh well, TPA still runs well (and sounds well too) on DX9 on my new computer at a full 60 FPS. I appreciate FarSight's efforts and I'm sure lots of peeps will be very happy with DX11. I will too, once I get a new graphics card. This actually was not meant to be a complaint (my computer isn't exactly meant for hardcore gaming), just my observations. Now bring on Jack*Bot!

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
Nope, can't get it to work in portrait either. Well, okay, I can launch it in a portrait window, but the actual game comes up as a landscape postage stamp in the middle of the window.

Yes ... can confirm this is the case. On graphics tab in Windowed mode, DX11 tab 1080x1920 on 1080x1920 native, displays in landscape center screened - not protrait.

Win 8.1
Nvidia Geforce GTX 560
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 Ghz
8 GB RAM

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Did you try turning down MSAA samples, MSAA quality and AF?

Msaa quality was 0 turned the samples down from 4 to 1. Forgive my ignorance, I dont know what AF is?

I think we are short on RAM only 4 GB
AMD A8-4500M APU ?

Any advice is appreciated

Gozer

Jun 10, 2013
Msaa quality was 0 turned the samples down from 4 to 1. Forgive my ignorance, I dont know what AF is?

I think we are short on RAM only 4 GB
AMD A8-4500M APU ?

Any advice is appreciated

AF is the 5th option on the DX11 configure list. It's listed as "anistrophy".

vertexshader

Apr 18, 2015
- My monitor runs at 120hz and the game runs at super speed!!! If I set the refresh rate back to 60hz it runs fine.
- Arabian nights - theres a light by the genies face that appears to come from nowhere.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
- My monitor runs at 120hz and the game runs at super speed!!! If I set the refresh rate back to 60hz it runs fine.
- Arabian nights - theres a light by the genies face that appears to come from nowhere.
My monitor is 144Hz so that probably explains the issue I'm seeing. Vsync probably isn't set up right. Or something.

mewzard

Apr 18, 2015
Count me among those experiencing lag/slow down.

Thought my AMD Phenom II x6 1045T Processor (6 CPU, 2.7GHZ), AMD Radeon HD 5570 graphics card and 8GB of RAM (all with Windows 7 naturally) would be enough, but even with everything closed and seemingly at the minimum setting, it seems laggy at best (didn't have a problem with Pinball FX2 or the pre-DX11 Pinball Arcade).

It could just need some optimization, but I'm kinda sad. It really does look nice, but if I can't play it, it's just a nice glimpse of the future.

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
Mouse cursor not fading away during game play

I'm noticing that if you use mouse to navigate menu, once you start a table, the mouse cursor does not fade away. Tested against DX9 and once you let go of mouse and start a table in DX9, the mouse cursor fades away after a few seconds. Not the case in DX11. The mouse cursor stays ...

p6800

May 17, 2013
- There needs to be a slider for the DMD brightness (or 2-3 intensity settings). It's too bright when the room light is low and it distracts.

- Vibrations are too strong compared to the dx9 version (360 gamepad). Low - normal - high would be nice

- Many tables need the ball to have more SHINE! On bk2k the ball is black-ish. An as close to real life ball is important. So more silver and more shine!

------------------

If it runs slow, reduce back buffer in config.

I have it on 1280x1024 (same as my monitor), msaa 1, aniso 1. It looks amazing and runs at 60fps on a crappy amd 7770 gpu.

Hope to see full screen working next week!

--------------

Retested with default settings (1920x1080) + MSAA 8, MSAA Qual 100, Aniso 16. Same 60fps on the amd 7770 + phenom2 x6 1055t. So this dx11 thing doesn't need much. Medium stuff from 3-4 years ago can run it at 60fps with "all at max".

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Count me among those experiencing lag/slow down.

Thought my AMD Phenom II x6 1045T Processor (6 CPU, 2.7GHZ), AMD Radeon HD 5570 graphics card and 8GB of RAM (all with Windows 7 naturally) would be enough, but even with everything closed and seemingly at the minimum setting, it seems laggy at best (didn't have a problem with Pinball FX2 or the pre-DX11 Pinball Arcade).

It could just need some optimization, but I'm kinda sad. It really does look nice, but if I can't play it, it's just a nice glimpse of the future.

I was playing with similar specs (AMD Phenom II x6 1055T and AMD Radeon 5850) and it ran just fine. Maybe the extra bit on juice on the GPU made the difference, but it was buttery smooth with all settings cranked in the config.

mewzard

Apr 18, 2015
I was playing with similar specs (AMD Phenom II x6 1055T and AMD Radeon 5850) and it ran just fine. Maybe the extra bit on juice on the GPU made the difference, but it was buttery smooth with all settings cranked in the config.

I doubt it would be as laggy as it was with that difference in set up...maybe I need to delete some stuff off of my computer. My harddrive is getting a bit on the full side.

Or maybe I need to update my drivers...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.