EARTHSHAKER ! Shake us up !

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Hardly an "old fart" I' look up to you. Since you were around at the time of Noah's ark that means you have much to teach us. Obviously I'm kidding but please tell us your favorite table. I know myself and many others would love to which table it is and why! Please.

My favorite pinball machines IRL are Fun House and Addams Family. My favorite tables of my youth were Big Shot and Fast Draw.

Thanks all of you for being so nice to me.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I love how in the description for Earthshaker they talk about the moving earthquake center, but didn't do it then. I knew they weren't going to, as it was for prototype only, but still.

I think the table looks really good, the inserts aren't blown out when lit. Plays a little too easy compared to the real thing, especially when hitting the ramp with the middle flipper. That shot is a pain in the butt IRL. I did notice during multiball and with the shaker going that ball trajectories were altered. It essentially acts as if you were nudging the table non stop. Wonder if you can tilt during that?

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I did notice during multiball and with the shaker going that ball trajectories were altered. It essentially acts as if you were nudging the table non stop. Wonder if you can tilt during that?

Yes, you can tilt during that. And no, I don't think it's affecting ball trajectories at all. Try catching a ball during the shaking. The ball will be still. It will, however, move when you nudge.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
I love how in the description for Earthshaker they talk about the moving earthquake center, but didn't do it then. I knew they weren't going to, as it was for prototype only, but still.

I think the table looks really good, the inserts aren't blown out when lit. Plays a little too easy compared to the real thing, especially when hitting the ramp with the middle flipper. That shot is a pain in the butt IRL. I did notice during multiball and with the shaker going that ball trajectories were altered. It essentially acts as if you were nudging the table non stop. Wonder if you can tilt during that?

That's a very good question. I'd guess you probably can but I shall try and report back.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Did anyone else notice that two of the "lock" lights are only half lit. Isn't that an easy fix? Keep in mind I know nothing Bot programming.

Epsilon

Apr 19, 2012

I wonder if the difficulty of the fault shot was largely due to flipper coil wear over time. Maybe the shot was easier brand new but if the flippers weakened I could see a lot of them not quite making it through that ball path. A digital recreation obviously wouldn't have that problem.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I wonder if the difficulty of the fault shot was largely due to flipper coil wear over time. Maybe the shot was easier brand new but if the flippers weakened I could see a lot of them not quite making it through that ball path. A digital recreation obviously wouldn't have that problem.

I've played it at 2 different collector's houses. The tables are in prime condition. It's just a hard shot to hit, not unlike hitting the trap door shot on Funhouse IRL.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I've always liked ES and have had debates as to which I like more, this or WW. WW is probably the better pin but ES has always had this obnoxious charm to it. The annoying female voice "oooo. You found the fault". The repetitive "stay locked on with all the hits." The "just shoot the ramp over and over and over" strategy. Nonetheless, I find myself playing this game way more than last month's PZ. It's just loud and uncouth, but I like it.

Oh, and next month's Starship Troopers can go "blank a blank." I don't think there's a single Sega branded game I care for but, now I'm going off on a tangent.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts