Easiest Wizard Goals

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
For me, it was Central Park. First game, got all the standard. Second game, all the wizard.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Gonna say Earthshaker since I got all the Wizard goals in a single game in about 10 minutes on my tablet the other day. If that isn't easy, I don't know what is.

Tripredacus

Sep 9, 2012
Bride of Pinbot for me. I have Black Hole as well, but I can't say that for sure because the 2nd lock shot or the spot targets are not gimmies.
One I won't ever get to see is Star Trek TNG, since completing video mode is a standard goal.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
One I won't ever get to see is Star Trek TNG, since completing video mode is a standard goal.

It's the same pattern every time you do it though. If you just want to get the goal, put a sticky note with "L-L-R-R-L-L-R-L-L-L" on your monitor until you make it through.

strells

Oct 7, 2014
Hardest and most annoying standard goal: get up to 180 seconds on Goin' Nuts. I tried it again and got to 167. I hate hate hate that table.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Hardest and most annoying standard goal: get up to 180 seconds on Goin' Nuts. I tried it again and got to 167. I hate hate hate that table.

Simple tip that will make your life so much easier: backhand the captive ball from the left flipper. It's a narrow gap but it's surprisingly not difficult to pull off. Easy 3-ball multiball restart.

(Guess what one of the Wizard goals might be. Go on....)

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
Is navigating the new UI to successfully launch the table I'd like to play a wizard goal? It should be!

:p

(Kidding - I'm one of the few who actually prefers it, minus the faux Who cover of course!)

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
I would say in recent memory Fireball has to be the easist, Fish Tales standard goals used to be a hang up before we got live catches.

Two years ago is when I completed all the available wizard goals, Goin' Nuts being the last one (Sep 19, 2014).. then Phantom Of The Opera released (Oct 11th 2014, Aug 20th 2015) and the time to get it's Wizard Goals.. right before Frankenstien released (Oct 23rd 2015, Sep 14th 2016).. I just hope Dr Who doesn't have a long combo string on a narrow ramp also so I can enjoy being 100% on the Wizard goals for more than a month.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Simple tip that will make your life so much easier: backhand the captive ball from the left flipper. It's a narrow gap but it's surprisingly not difficult to pull off. Easy 3-ball multiball restart.

(Guess what one of the Wizard goals might be. Go on....)

Just to clarify, you are referring to the flipper in the upper left corner, and not the bottom left flipper? Asking because I'm not sure it's possible from the bottom one.

Ideally, since the "nut" bonus is so wildly inconsistent (sometimes you get it, other times, not so much), if you want the 360 goal and the 500k bonus, it may be best just to run the clock to more than 500 seconds, then drain both (or all three) balls.

I must admit I'll never play this one in TPA if I ever get those two goals. I'll then go back to the ones I love, like EBD, F2000, WH2O, Getaway, and others.
Right now, I'm excited about playing Dr. Who again real soon. It was lots of fun IRL back in '93.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Just to clarify, you are referring to the flipper in the upper left corner, and not the bottom left flipper? Asking because I'm not sure it's possible from the bottom one.

No, the bottom-left flipper. I honestly forgot that there were other flippers. Maybe someone can make a video showing the shot... I know I've done it a number of times myself, and it was a game-changer when I learned about it.

Ideally, since the "nut" bonus is so wildly inconsistent (sometimes you get it, other times, not so much), if you want the 360 goal and the 500k bonus, it may be best just to run the clock to more than 500 seconds, then drain both (or all three) balls.

Exactly what I did.

I must admit I'll never play this one in TPA if I ever get those two goals.

...exactly what I did.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
No, the bottom-left flipper. I honestly forgot that there were other flippers. Maybe someone can make a video showing the shot... I know I've done it a number of times myself, and it was a game-changer when I learned about it.

Exactly what I did.

...exactly what I did.

I've got some work to do. I'll look up that shot so I can see what you're talking about. The sooner I can get those two goals, the sooner I can never play this one again. Good time to go for 1000 as well.

Edit: as of last night, DONE AND DONE!!!!!!

That 1000 HoF score can wait-I'm a little more than halfway there. Thanks again Elder!

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Completed Indianapolis 500 in less than an hour. Actually bummed that it was too easy. Fun game.

That one took me a day. The cow souvenir achievement does not pop if something else is going on. That's what held me up-took about three attempts to get that one. It is my quickest 1000 pt HoF table yet.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
All of them except for collect all 26 tokens are ridiculously easy. I have spent over 70 hours trying to get this one, which I'm pretty sure is more time spent on all of the other wizard goals. Combined. And I still don't have it.

Just ranting. Carry on with the Indy 500 talk.

satandouche

Sep 27, 2015
All of them except for collect all 26 tokens are ridiculously easy. I have spent over 70 hours trying to get this one, which I'm pretty sure is more time spent on all of the other wizard goals. Combined. And I still don't have it.

Just ranting. Carry on with the Indy 500 talk.

Rant away Gorgar! That token goal is freaking awful and it appears that the pinball gods are punishing you on that one. We've all been frustrated on this app at some point so your frustration is totally relatable.

I'm rooting for you and shall celebrate when you get that stupid token!

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Rant away Gorgar! That token goal is freaking awful and it appears that the pinball gods are punishing you on that one. We've all been frustrated on this app at some point so your frustration is totally relatable.

I'm rooting for you and shall celebrate when you get that stupid token!

I've got 24. This is not a wizard goal-more of a grinder. I could play that game non-stop for weeks and still never reach it. Yet I know exactly how to earn tokens and earn even mopre through token multiball. That doesn't help.

BoP had the easiest goals IMO. If the "Backdoor Billion" had been one of them, I think fewer people would have completed the WGs on this table so quickly.
It's much tougher than any of the other WGs.

Note: that's the one where you get a 10-loop combo. I don't know that it happens every 10 loops though-most I ever got to was 16.

BTW, good luck with the all-star roster. This was oddly one of the first WGs I earned in BH. It's all about shot-timing. The last was the DSP-kept stockpiling 30+ cards but draining before activating the trade. Finally got it-but man it took some work.

Last edited:

satandouche

Sep 27, 2015
I've got 24. This is not a wizard goal-more of a grinder. I could play that game non-stop for weeks and still never reach it. Yet I know exactly how to earn tokens and earn even mopre through token multiball. That doesn't help.

BoP had the easiest goals IMO. If the "Backdoor Billion" had been one of them, I think fewer people would have completed the WGs on this table so quickly.
It's much tougher than any of the other WGs.

Note: that's the one where you get a 10-loop combo. I don't know that it happens every 10 loops though-most I ever got to was 16.

BTW, good luck with the all-star roster. This was oddly one of the first WGs I earned in BH. It's all about shot-timing. The last was the DSP-kept stockpiling 30+ cards but draining before activating the trade. Finally got it-but man it took some work.

Thanks man, just knocked off that goal. I made it harder than it had to be by trying to set up shots instead of reading the glove and making shots on the fly.

To your "Backdoor Billion" point - it is strange how FS picks some wizard goals and leaves out other possible ones. Winning the World Series could be a challenging goal in Big Hurt, but instead you just have to play the World Series mode which is pretty easy. Happy FS showed some mercy in not making "getting all bugs and nukes in Klendathu multiball" a goal in SST. That would have been nasty. Getting "Re-elected Ruler of the Universe" in AFM would have been hard. Did it a few times on the real thing back in the 90s.

There's a ridiculously hard wizard mode in LoTR - "Valinor" - that will probably drive everyone mad if it ever comes to TPA. Such a great pin, it would be worth it.

Last edited:

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013

Not just 10 loops. You need a 2-loop combo, then a 3-loop combo, then 4, 5, etc up to 10. It only happens at 10 loops, not 20, I've confirmed myself.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts