EM; root for a classic.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
My choices for EMs include Xenon, EBD, Lost World, Fathoms, or Royal Flush. But being that FarSight is a business, I guess we'll just see more tables with cows and DOHOs.
Only Royal Flush is an EM. In the virtual world the difference isn't that big. Hint: EMs have scoring reels that are attached to chimes.

ASK Homeworks has made only SS so far. But having the license they could make Zaccaria EMs.

night

May 18, 2012
ASK Homework's Zaccaria + Steam = 1 done deal for me!

Seriously, I can't really enjoy pinball on a phone. The screen is too small for me and I don't care for the touch screen controls.
It's just a matter of personal preference.

It sounds like you think that Zaccaria is only available on a phone..? No pinball game plays any good on a tiny screen, that's why you should play it.. on a tablet!

This is why I like Zaccaria so much, these old obscure pinball tables never make a chance in TPA, and as much I do understand the business model behind this, it simply means a lot a of great history will be neglected out of economical reasons. Instead of the Pinball after Dark idea, they should be doing something with EM's, and let the TPA collection concentrate on the popular tables.

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
Only Royal Flush is an EM. In the virtual world the difference isn't that big. Hint: EMs have scoring reels that are attached to chimes.

The nice thing with the early solid state machines is that I think they've emulated the CPU for a few of them. EG: Centaur is emulated (I believe) so Xenon, EBD, Lost World, and Fathom would be covered.

There are not too many more really popular (read: Bally/Williams DMD) tables left frankly, at least with zero licensing cost. This is why I can see them *maybe* dipping into a couple of the more popular early solid state. Of course if they can wiggle some cheap licenses that they need no Kickstarter for (as they did with some pins like the Elvira and monster stuff and might be able to do for a couple others), that will end up being the priority. That's just business.

It would be nice for them to throw a nice truly EM in the end, the EMs pins seem to have both a crowd that hates them *and* a crowd that's pretty passionate about it. But I can't see them even thinking about Royal Flush before some of those early SS like Xenon or EBD, frankly.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
If they are not going to make any EMs, then only license the SS pins. Let some other company take the EM license and actually use it. I'd guess A.S.K. Homework might be interested in something like that.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
If they are not going to make any EMs, then only license the SS pins. Let some other company take the EM license and actually use it. I'd guess A.S.K. Homework might be interested in something like that.

I agree, SOMEONE should be recreating EM for the historical value alone. I love the gameplay, hope they give up the licences. Why monopolize something that will never be utilized?

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012

Hey why not? This is a great idea. They did mention that they may include one way down the road but who knows if that would ever occur so might as well relinquish that aspect of the deal.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012

ASK Homeworks has made only SS so far. But having the license they could make Zaccaria EMs.

My fault for confusing SS with EM's.

Baramos

Aug 18, 2013
Night Rider
Wizard!
Capt. Fantastic
Jive Time
Shootout

I don't have much hope for any more EMs though what with the single table releases now. Most people will not want to pay five dollars separately for an EM. It will have to be paired with a modern table which just means extra work for FarSight for no extra profit. That said, Jive Time was in some of the old Hall of Fame games--might not be too much to create an updated version.

My fault for confusing SS with EM's.

Some of the really early SS were available in EM versions as well. Or that is to say, some of the really late EMs were available in SS versions.

Last edited:

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
Seawitch, The Best Wizard, Magic Circle, Owl

Love the art on these old EM. Art on some of the old EMs are really cool.

It would also be cool if TPA released novelty pinballs as well, it would seem that some of them would be cheap to get a license for and coding / art would be much easier
Always Seven - http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=4463&picno=50453
Hokum - http://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=5088&picno=28101
seems like these would be a good buy for a buck... if the copyright holders could be tracked
--------------
yea...I definitely want Seawitch; it looks exactly like Stephen King's fonts from Creepshow. :cool:

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
i think as long as EM are little easy to do than some SS tables (in most cases here no toys or complex rules) but here not everyone who like to see EM in regular table packs, FS can start to release EM machines for TPA as alternative table packs (another catalog near "Season one" and "Season two" with words "Electro Mechaniacal") and even with its own EM Season passes 1,2,3, and so on for it - for me this one could be Must Buy, for FS it coul be extra cash with less working expenses.
otherwise with amount of ss machines which still left to make, EMs unfortunately are very unlikely to be seen in regular table pack order[/QUOTE---------------------

yea...extra $ with cheap expenses. FS can't lose (economically).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.