Enhanced version of the Star Trek: The Next Generation table on PS4 to be shown at E3

Jan 6, 2013
Could someone tell me what console would be better to buy if i am strictly getting it for tpa the ps4 or xbox one.It looks to me that f.s. is working closer with ps4

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Could someone tell me what console would be better to buy if i am strictly getting it for tpa the ps4 or xbox one.It looks to me that f.s. is working closer with ps4

Well I don't think anyone on here can predict which console TPA will look better on but we know at least two things. FarSight has a very good relationship with Sony and they have been working with a PS4 dev kit longer.

In the interest of full disclosure, I don't buy MS products anymore after my 360 died, I fixed it, died again. Also, I've already pre ordered a PS4.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012

Sony seems to be much more welcoming towards indy and smaller devs. I'm personally going with Sony and have the PS4 launch bundle pre-ordered.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Sony seems to be much more welcoming towards indy and smaller devs. I'm personally going with Sony and have the PS4 launch bundle pre-ordered.

True, it seems that way, for PS4 at least.
But Sony do have a reputation of giving indies absolutely unreasonable demands (which is the reason a lot of indie games debuted on XBLA, only to be ported much later, when Sony realised the games were a success), so as of now, I consider all the indie focus from the PS4 press conference pure PR stuff.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
But Sony do have a reputation of giving indies absolutely unreasonable demands (which is the reason a lot of indie games debuted on XBLA, only to be ported much later, when Sony realised the games were a success), so as of now, I consider all the indie focus from the PS4 press conference pure PR stuff.

Well, that might have been in the first few years of PS3 and 360, but it seems in the last couple years that Sony really grabbed the bull by the horns. They're smart about it too, as then if they really like what the company is doing, they put them under their umbrella and make 'em one of their own. I certainly don't know all the studios they've snatched up, but Naughty Dog and Santa Monica Studios weren't always the huge players they are now, and that's thanks to Sony in the early days. It's why I've been very curious about the relationship Sony has with FS. I don't think anything will really come of it, considering FS releases on every platform known to man, but I can't help but think there's some interest there.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012

I haven't heard much about unreasonable demands from Sony, but I have heard many companies who have been quite vocal about Microsoft's demands.
There are many examples floating around.. I.E. Microsoft treats independent developers very badly,” said Jonathon Blow, creator of the breakout indie success Braid.as well as in the movie Indie Game.

The idea of Sony jumping on Microsoft's Indie Dev bandwagon is really untrue though.
Sony has been very supportive of indie companies even before the PS3 was released.
The only reason Xbox seemed to be the "Go To Indie Platform" was because all of the hype surrounding Braid, Fez, and Meatboy. They also got lucky on snatching an exclusive early console release with Castle Crashers, which was a huge hit.

Sony had Everyday Shooter from Jonathan Mak (Quesy Games), PixelJunk Monsters, back in '07 on the PSP and later on the PS3, and they just kept adding much more from there.

A few of the early indie devs Sony helped out in a big way:

HouseMarque: Dead Nation, Outland, SuperStar Dust HD
Queasy Games: Critter Crunch, Everyday Shooter, and Sound Shapes
ThatGameCompany - F.L.O.W., Flower, Journey
Q-Games: PixelJunk Series... - Shooter, Sidescroller, Racers, Eden, Monsters, 4AM
CreatStudios: Digger HD, Magic Ball, Wakeboarding HD, etc..
DrinkBox Studios: Tales from Space: About a Blob, Guacamelee

And tons more with the Sony MINI format.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I'm surprised we haven't seen any updates on how the PS4 tables are coming along since way back in June. 90 days ago...
I was hoping to at least see a few minutes of 1080p direct video footage.

Last edited:

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
I'm surprised we haven't seen any updates on how the PS4 tables are coming along since way back in June. 90 days ago...
I was hoping to at least see a few minutes of 1080p direct video footage.

Yes, I too would be massively interested in some 1080p video, maybe even more interested in the release date and PS3-to-PS4 upgrade prices they plan to charge per Pro Season (and for the core pack).

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
We got another PS4 screen in our hands...looking pretty good :D

ebaac9180e11261353b524819a458c52

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
Damn that looks AWESOME!!! Wow! Now I REALLY feel like I'm playing at my local arcade back in 1998. Sweet deal! Good job, FarSight. I see you all are working hard on the next gen system.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Yep, it looks nice, but let's see some direct video in 1080p!!
This game is launching in just 3 months and yet we don't have a single direct captured video.

I'd also like to see some shots of the table with a zoomed in camera.
I hope they are not using the same table graphics from the PS3 versions since those have inconsistent quality.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts