Farsight comes clean on issues with 360 platform

Emmanuel Papillon

Apr 26, 2012
I'm telling them straight up "Microsoft's fault" and citing this thread as proof.
L
O
L

It's Microsoft's fault the game gives you 2.000.000 points when you nudge left in Monster Bash during multiball? It's Microsoft's fault the flippers are too far apart in Medieval Madness? It's Microsoft's fault the rules of the lower level in Black Hole are (still) incorrect? It's Microsoft's fault the shadow under the flippers don't move when the flippers move in Cirqus Voltaire, and there are balls lost in the outlanes constantly unlike in the real table? It's Microsoft's fault the game freezes once in a while when you start a game? It's Microsoft's fault the ball sometimes goes right through objects, including flippers? It's Microsoft's fault the ball sometimes flat out disappears in Funhouse? It's Microsoft's fault the plastic turned blue and nearly opaque in No Good Gofers?

Etc. etc.

karl

May 10, 2012
Hey Emmanuel! Please use one of the many bug Threads to talk about bugs. This thread is about why getting tables out takes time. I'm sure you can see the difference.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
L
O
L

It's Microsoft's fault the game gives you 2.000.000 points when you nudge left in Monster Bash during multiball? It's Microsoft's fault the flippers are too far apart in Medieval Madness? It's Microsoft's fault the rules of the lower level in Black Hole are (still) incorrect? It's Microsoft's fault the shadow under the flippers don't move when the flippers move in Cirqus Voltaire, and there are balls lost in the outlanes constantly unlike in the real table? It's Microsoft's fault the game freezes once in a while when you start a game? It's Microsoft's fault the ball sometimes goes right through objects, including flippers? It's Microsoft's fault the ball sometimes flat out disappears in Funhouse? It's Microsoft's fault the plastic turned blue and nearly opaque in No Good Gofers?

Etc. etc.

I meant specifically DLC release dates. Maybe if you weren't so excited to jump all over my post and make yourself look like an idiot you'd have realized that.

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
Why not charge a tiny bit more for 360 tables? We're getting much better versions than the mobile counterparts for the same price. Charge $2 more a pack to help offset the cost of the MS fees. Or ask MS to be your publisher?

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Why not charge a tiny bit more for 360 tables? We're getting much better versions than the mobile counterparts for the same price. Charge $2 more a pack to help offset the cost of the MS fees. Or ask MS to be your publisher?

That's actually a realistic idea. Unlike mobile phone users, console users are actually willing to pay more than 99 cents maximum.
As for Microsoft publishing them, that would be nice as far as support, timely releases and developer overhead. Of course it may create a conflict of interest with zen.

Emmanuel Papillon

Apr 26, 2012
Hey Emmanuel! Please use one of the many bug Threads to talk about bugs. This thread is about why getting tables out takes time. I'm sure you can see the difference.
1) This thread is titled: "Farsight comes clean on issues with 360 platform".
2) The patches supposed to fix the many bugs are all part of the DLC. It's the one reason I'm waiting for DLC.
3) No wonder a company that releases so many bugs has troubles complying to Microsoft's certification process. It is, obviously, one and the same problem.

@karl: oh, insults, now! What a shock, I didn't see that one coming!

Last edited:

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Actually, Karl didn't insult you at all.

Please keep the bickering out of the thread, or I'll have to send you boys to time out.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
2) The patches supposed to fix the many bugs are all part of the DLC. It's the one reason I'm waiting for DLC.
Many (not all) of the bugs that afflict the mobile and PS3 versions do not affect the 360. I can play several games of Cirqus Voltaire without encountering any bugs, for example, whereas on my iPad 3 I'm constantly experiencing weirdness. I'm assuming this is because the development process is conducted on the 360, and the conversion process to other platforms is not perfect and sometimes introduces bugs.

Real pinball tables don't always work 100% either. I've had 2 balls dispense at once in Batman and a few other modern Sterns (thankfully correctable with a manual assist for the autoplunger). Scared Stiff's Leaper targets sometimes get stuck and constantly trigger, leading to unearned points, unearned Leaper Manias, and eventually an unearned extra ball. My local TZ sometimes can't identify the Powerball at first until you drop it in the Camera or the Piano. And so on and so forth.

Bottom line: At least on the 360 version, a TPA table is likely to have less wrong with it than the corresponding physical table, especially if you're playing at a location where pinball is not the foremost concern in the mind of the proprietor.

We were having a wonderful conversation earlier about the code-vs-data nature of DLC and why FarSight has to structure their DLC the way they do (and, as karl points out, the unfortunate side effect this has on the release schedule) and I was actually learning something new instead of dealing with a vortex of negativity. Can we please go back to that now?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Many (not all) of the bugs that afflict the mobile and PS3 versions do not affect the 360.

Keep in mind though that several bugs (for example: the MB glitch, BH gate issues, etc.) have been fixed on the PS3 for awhile now, yet they remain on the 360.

We were having a wonderful conversation earlier about the code-vs-data nature of DLC and why FarSight has to structure their DLC the way they do (and, as karl points out, the unfortunate side effect this has on the release schedule) and I was actually learning something new instead of dealing with a vortex of negativity. Can we please go back to that now?

Agreed!

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Many (not all) of the bugs that afflict the mobile and PS3 versions do not affect the 360. I can play several games of Cirqus Voltaire without encountering any bugs, for example, whereas on my iPad 3 I'm constantly experiencing weirdness. I'm assuming this is because the development process is conducted on the 360, and the conversion process to other platforms is not perfect and sometimes introduces bugs.

My guess is that this is mostly because the 360 version as released is behind the other platforms, and some of the patches since then are introducing new bugs. The multiple-balls-at-plunger bug used to plague Cirqus Voltaire on both Android and 360 and got patched a couple of times, but I think it's regressed since then on Android.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Keep in mind though that several bugs (for example: the MB glitch, BH gate issues, etc.) have been fixed on the PS3 for awhile now, yet they remain on the 360.
True enough, although I guess you could technically say they are fixed but we just can't get to them. I was thinking more of the flipper lag issue when I said that, which as far as I know the 360 version has never had.

EDIT:
My guess is that this is mostly because the 360 version as released is behind the other platforms, and some of the patches since then are introducing new bugs. The multiple-balls-at-plunger bug used to plague Cirqus Voltaire on both Android and 360 and got patched a couple of times, but I think it's regressed since then on Android.
I don't remember CV 360 ever having the multiple balls in plunger issue. Or is my memory going at my old age of 31...?

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012

Not to get off topic but of all the bugs that Cirqus has on 360 (and there are a lot), the thing that actually bothers me more than any glitch I've ever encountered, is the Acrobats orbit insta-drain. I don't know if this is a design flaw with the game or the actual table, but damn... you guys know what I'm talking about? Most of the time it comes down the metal ramp thing when you hit the far right orbit, then out of nowwhere you'll hit it and the shots orbits around the whole table at lightning speed and insta-drains. Every time it happens I'm like -this- close to chucking my 360 controller through the damn tv lol.

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Now I'm wondering if it was my brain fart. I might have just seen it on Android. I know that it seemed to go away and then come back later.
Probably Android. I know on iOS it was borked on release, then was fixed (or at least improved) temporarily, and now it's borked again.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Maybe FS should maka an offical announcement then, stating that the 360 WILL NOT be getting DLC tables every month but will be every 3 months, and put was was written in the first post. It might help with people *****ing if they know not to expect DLC every month

Gordon

May 28, 2012
Maybe FS should maka an offical announcement then, stating that the 360 WILL NOT be getting DLC tables every month but will be every 3 months, and put was was written in the first post. It might help with people *****ing if they know not to expect DLC every month

yeah that is the best way

i will not read every day, every second new post where ist the update, dlc .........:)

aangel

Jul 7, 2012
Why doesn't Farsight make an official statement period with it comes to the 360. If they know that they are having issues with this platform why can't they make an official statement. Bobbing and weaving information and responses in this forum and in specific posts on facebook? What is so hard and difficult about that?

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Why doesn't Farsight make an official statement period with it comes to the 360. If they know that they are having issues with this platform why can't they make an official statement. Bobbing and weaving information and responses in this forum and in specific posts on facebook? What is so hard and difficult about that?

Because of Non Disclosure Agreements.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.