Farsight Deserves Insane Amounts Of Credit For Engine Improvements

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Can't wait for the chance to have Haunted House if they do it. Three levels of multiball to really make your head spin!!!

Sorry, but Haunted House does not have multiball. :(
Some folks did mod one to make it have multiball. Maybe you saw one of those.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Sorry, but Haunted House does not have multiball. :(
Some folks did mod one to make it have multiball. Maybe you saw one of those.

Yeah, I've actually played a table with it. Didn't realize it was a mod but it was truly one of the most insane experiences I've ever had!!! Sheer chaos and having to split your attention in so many ways is just really challenging.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I'm certain there was a ball and flipper physics engine update with WW and CP. It's awesome.

I hope they eventually bring all the tables up to speed with these engine improvements.

If there's one area I still want to see improved it's the sounds. That fart sound when the ball ejects from a kicker, the cash register sound when you hit drop targets, the pop bumpers don't sound right, even the flipper noise isn't what it should be. Sound goes a long, long, lonnnnggggg way. I mean just look at Whirlwind. Playing it with the correct sound is like heaven compared to how it was at launch. New mechanical sounds would go a very long way in improving the game.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
I'm certain there was a ball and flipper physics engine update with WW and CP. It's awesome.

If there's one area I still want to see improved it's the sounds. ..... New mechanical sounds would go a very long way in improving the game.

+1 It's the main thing I notice missing when I watch pinball videos on YouTube.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
That's a weirdly nice HH, but damn that guy who's narrating sounds like a total jerk.

Yeah, he's trying to compare his company to another one which restores tables. I can't remember the name of the other company without looking it up and I'm too lazy to do it right now.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
It's TNT Amusements, he makes it clear multiple times.

And well, turns out he truly is a jerk, look at this: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weasel-alert-tnt-amusements
Sort of amusing how everyone at Pinside sees right through him and start defending Todd of TNT. I love that forum, really great people there, unlike most other forums related to "niche" scenes. (and no, not referring to this one :p)

Alright, I agree, it's damn embarassing for a professional pinball mechanic for more than 20 years to lift the playfield with the balls still in... but hey, who doesn't accidentally do that once in a while? :S

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Haha this guy is amazing! Apparently he's famous for trying to sell overpriced shopped pins on eBay, using pictures of sad college girls on top and next to them - admitted, it's beautiful work (the restoration, not the girls), but why put all that money into restoring a table that no one is interested in justifying with their money? Seems he's also fond of verbally abusing anyone who questions this trend, too.
Hilarious.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Too funny! I don't know anything about him, I just thought the HH looked pretty cool. I was reading pinballsoul and found the video through a link.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Haha love me some pinball drama.

I love the guy from TNT Amusements I'm a fan of his videos even though I'm not in the market for a shopped pin.

That guy is definitely being an ass HOWEVER. I looked up the TNT Video and it's actually Todd who struck first blood! Lol : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0QNSd0pMIA

Now I haven't read the pinside thread yet but here's my take after watching just the two videos: these two guys do different things. TNT gives shops you're machine and keeps things original, while this other guy does full, crazy, insane restorations. You can't argue the jerky guys work: it's impressive. But like I said its very high end restorations which aren't for everyone.

I can understand after watching TNT why he made the video he did. Had he been a gentlemen about it, and showed his work and explained WHY it costs 6 grand, that would have been fine. He's learning the hard way that being an ******* never pays off. Like my mom always says you get more with sugar than salt ok having a Forrest Gump moment here. But yea like had he not sunk so low he'd probably have us debating whether or not we want to drop 6 g's on that HH instead he has an entire forum rip him a new one and most definitely hurt his business.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
He's been going after TNT in a ton of other threads actually, it's amusing to follow, and I love the community's retaliation, check this one out:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thumbs-down-this-pinball-video

Also note his amazing responses in threads that are otherwise kept clean:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-pretty-gorgar-restored

Damn, I feel like a jerk myself for pointing and laughing at someone, but by the way he acts, I'd say he deserves it. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

mrplant

Jul 17, 2013
That machine looks like it would be a good addition to Pinball Arcade - politics aside..

Last edited:

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Haunted House? Definitely. No doubt it'll show up down the road, once FS run out of PHOF remakes to maintain their Gottlieb license.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013

I hope they eventually bring all the tables up to speed with these engine improvements.
In the "real" world there is age of table. When the table is brand new (or is waxed by the operator) the ball flies all over the place out of control usually SDTM or in the outlane. As quarters (or whatever coin) get pumped in over time the table "ages" and the ball will slow. If the ball is to fly like this in TPA fine but at least include age of table and maybe a refresh in the menu to "wax" or "refresh" the table. Otherwise i am wishing for the Zaccaria menus so i adjust to my liking / device.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I was able to do cradle seperate on Creature, so I guess I just got better, it's been in the engine for a while.

Now these aren't perfect cradle seperations by any means, but they are serviceable and do work if done correctly. What I'm saying is they aren't intricate, super light 'tap tap' style seperations, but it works.

But hey that's why the engine is always getting better and better.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.