Farsight Halloween Mod table (Ghostbusters)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
We now know that Farsight will release a table next month, probably based on a Sony license. In the latest interview we learned that this will not be a completely new table, but a mod table.

This will probably be on a stand-alone app.

Big question: Will it be based on a table they have already done or something new? A Ghostbusters table based on Indiana Jones, The Shadow or something else that they can not do the original table for would be a blast.

Any takers on the subject???
Wonder if it could just be a table that was never released, and their definition of a "mod" is that they're not doing direct scans, just by eyesight and making their own rules/sounds? Because I think Krull would fit perfectly under that banner.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
If its a one off table for Halloween, there is no way that it's not anything other than Ghostbusters.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
The original table that FarSight is releasing next month is a stand alone table and is not a part of The Pinball Arcade, which will only contain real world table recreations for the duration if its lifespan, so I really don't see how a side project of FarSight would sway you from buying any more of their real world table recreations via The Pinball Arcade.

Thanks for making that clear-my mistake.

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
I'd be onboard with that. Dr Who is a good layout and we might never see the real thing. For the same reasons, Karl's suggestion of Indiana Jones would also rock.

Have they mentioned if it will have a DMD? I'm assuming not, but that is just my gut feeling.
--------------
yea...I won't be surprised if FS does this a lot now. That is, improvise a # of hard-to-get tables.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I could see them messing around with "Haunted House" or something similar.

That would be nice!

No kidding.

Listen, I don't like going down to 1 table either, but Season 3 has been an A+ all around, from graphics, to table choice, etc. Plus, like Pin said, the original table will be separate from TPA. It's not something I'd want when they have so much going on at the moment (Xbox360/XboxONE/PS4 updating/ etc etc), but if they wanna do it, who cares?

I'm just happy they're still around, releasing hard to find and insanely expensive pinball tables.

Goign down to one table was not my complaint. In fact, I agree with you that there's been a jump up in overall quality. My concern (since corrected by PiN WiZ and others) was the creep of original tables into TPA. Since I know now that the "original" table is separate, and mostly for mobile at this time, I'm still going to support TPA, as I have from the first table pack.

If the new original table is good enough, I'll gladly support FarSight's efforts. This infusion of licensing could exponentially help them. At least that's my hope. Maybe this could also be the catalyst for this "After Dark" project previously mentioned......

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
If they're modding an existing table they've done then Bride would be kinda neat. Instead of the Bride's face could use Gozer changing in to the Stay Puff Man Marshmallow Man face. Diner could work as well - the way you order/serve food would also work with catching ghosts and using the whirlpool shot to store them in containment.

Hopefully its the Ghostbusters theme though. Would be kinda disappointing if it isn't.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
If they're modding an existing table they've done then Bride would be kinda neat. Instead of the Bride's face could use Gozer changing in to the Stay Puff Man Marshmallow Man face. Diner could work as well - the way you order/serve food would also work with catching ghosts and using the whirlpool shot to store them in containment.

Hopefully its the Ghostbusters theme though. Would be kinda disappointing if it isn't.

Or taxi, crossing the streams is the airport ramp crossover. And picking up the passengers could be busting ghosts instead

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Or taxi, crossing the streams is the airport ramp crossover. And picking up the passengers could be busting ghosts instead

Or Fish Tales, catching fish=catching ghosts, same crossover ramp thing going on.

It makes sense for it to be an Alpha-Numeric/System 11 table, though, because designing new DMD graphics from scratch would be a pain.

Using the Taxi layout makes a ton of sense.

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
Oh oh oh! I know:
It's gonna be a Troll 2 mod of Jive Time !!!! So excited about this.

Hahaha, we can only hope.

Honestly, I'm rooting for Indiana Jones with a Ghostbusters skin. That's the first thing I thought of when I heard they were doing this.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Very interestin development. Can't believe I missed it. So Farsight are finally making original tables. Will be fun to see how it turns out. I just hope it makes an appearance on consoles if it's a stand-alone app.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
We now know that Farsight will release a table next month, probably based on a Sony license. In the latest interview we learned that this will not be a completely new table, but a mod table.

This will probably be on a stand-alone app.

Big question: Will it be based on a table they have already done or something new? A Ghostbusters table based on Indiana Jones, The Shadow or something else that they can not do the original table for would be a blast.

Any takers on the subject???

Has anyone considered since the "original table" is going to be a stand alone app that maybe, just maybe it could be a more mature theme and therefore won't be as limited as their regular releases. Could lean towards more of a pinball after dark type table!?

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
This does make me wonder how solid Farsight's "We can't alter the original table" clause is. First of all they wipe two actor likenesses off TAF, now they completely reskin a table with a different theme. That rule doesn't seem so steadfast anymore.

Also, if this is based on a table not in TPA yet, I predict lots of fans complaining that they don't get the original...

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
This does make me wonder how solid Farsight's "We can't alter the original table" clause is. First of all they wipe two actor likenesses off TAF, now they completely reskin a table with a different theme. That rule doesn't seem so steadfast anymore.

Also, if this is based on a table not in TPA yet, I predict lots of fans complaining that they don't get the original...

it's interesting... I think it would have to be a table like Dr. Who or a Data East/Sega License that they would not be able to afford the actor rights to and wouldn't support a kickstarter. Maybe Demolition Man? They've been very negative on being able to get the Dr. Who rights, yet it's still one of the most requested tables.

As far as altering tables I'm sure they renew the licenses every season and can renegotiate stuff like that. If a pinball company is sitting on free money they can't get to because of actor likenesses, i'm sure deals can be made. Williams would have had to have signed off on changing TAF.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Very interestin development. Can't believe I missed it. So Farsight are finally making original tables. Will be fun to see how it turns out. I just hope it makes an appearance on consoles if it's a stand-alone app.

A table based on a Sony license not, at least, on Sony's consoles? That would be weird. Well I know it's not the same branch (Sony Pictures vs Sony Entertainment) but...

Plus it seems that FS can work "closely" with Sony since TPA on PS4 (despite the awful support...).

But I'm curious to see what it will look like though.

Last edited:

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
I have one question someone told me they think they heard from the podcast I believe if I understand my friends thoughts on the stand alone table at the end of this month after being purchased will be based on daily credits or pay to play only. I hope it's not like my credits run out and I play again after they are regenerated or I pay to play when my existing credits run out.

That would just be a turn off for for me anyways.

Is this in fact true does anyone even know?

Thanks Folks!!!

Check out this thread related:
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/8879-who-doesnt-want-free-credits-!

Last edited:

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I have one question someone told me they think they heard from the podcast I believe if I understand my friends thoughts on the stand alone table at the end of this month after being purchased will be based on daily credits or pay to play only. I hope it's not like my credits run out and I play again after they are regenerated or I pay to play when my existing credits run out.

Thanks Folks!!!

That would be an instant deal breaker for me, and I think would fail miserably for them.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013

Thanks Folks!!!

If that happens that will be suicide for them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts