Android - Bug FarSight official test. dept. Thread

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
And that ends all my observations that have been raised to date, with no official clarification by Farsight.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
I know Jason has been incredibly busy but he would probably be the one to answer those Jared, sorry for the delay.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
And that ends all my observations that have been raised to date, with no official clarification by Farsight.

I know Jason has been incredibly busy but he would probably be the one to answer those Jared, sorry for the delay.

That wasn't meant to sound snarky by the way. :)

Just flagging that those posts have not yet received a farsight response and wanted to ensure they had made it into the bug tracker.

targa

Apr 12, 2012
Device/OS:Samsung Gtab 2 7" / cyanogenmod 10

Bug Description:ON scared stiff and big shot when a game ends (i.e. when last ball drains) the game doesn't show any menu.The table just sits there and no button works.I need to kill the game to exit.
This happens maybe 50% of games

Steps to reproduce:play a game

Frequency:

Additional comments:

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
I have noticed in Scared Stiff that it does not retain the Scared Stiff list. The second time that I achieved this I was a little suprised by the fact that my previous time was not on the list. I have made it about 4 other times as well and I still only see the one entry on the list.

Andassaran

Sep 6, 2012
I have noticed in Scared Stiff that it does not retain the Scared Stiff list. The second time that I achieved this I was a little suprised by the fact that my previous time was not on the list. I have made it about 4 other times as well and I still only see the one entry on the list.

Same issue happens with Cirqus Voltaire (special score lists, cannonball champion, etc.), MM (Joust Champion, Defender of Damsels, etc...), Monster Bash (Monsters/Rock and Monster Bash scores aren't saved), Elvira and the Party Monsters (E-L-V-I-R-A isn't saved between games), Bride Of Pinbot (Jackpot value isn't saved between games), ... just about any with another recorded scoring feature that isn't the main score table. The way they have the emulation set up, the table ALWAYS defaults out when you exit the table, and if they try to inject anything other than the main score table when the table starts up, the game's ROM craps out. I'm sure there's a way to save this information (perhaps saving the tables NVRAM file on the user's storage?) as it's annoying me as well that none of this is saved.

sellenoff

FarSight Programmer
Aug 17, 2012
In response to the EATPM simultaneous jackpot ROM reset bug: I'd love to test this, but how? I can't pull that shot off.

sellenoff

FarSight Programmer
Aug 17, 2012
Are you tapping the screen or doing anything else at the time the game ends?

Device/OS:Samsung Gtab 2 7" / cyanogenmod 10

Bug Description:ON scared stiff and big shot when a game ends (i.e. when last ball drains) the game doesn't show any menu.The table just sits there and no button works.I need to kill the game to exit.
This happens maybe 50% of games

Steps to reproduce:play a game

Frequency:

Additional comments:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
In response to the EATPM simultaneous jackpot ROM reset bug: I'd love to test this, but how? I can't pull that shot off.
Couldn't you use two of those "ball cannon" things Mike sometimes uses for testing collision issues? Set one aimed up each ramp and fire them simultaneously?

sellenoff

FarSight Programmer
Aug 17, 2012
I wasn't aware you could do that with two balls, I thought it was only for one ball. I'll have to ask Mike. Oh, and it would only be on the Xbox360, I have no way of testing on any other devices ATM, so let's hope the bug is there too so I can address it.

Couldn't you use two of those "ball cannon" things Mike sometimes uses for testing collision issues? Set one aimed up each ramp and fire them simultaneously?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I wasn't aware you could do that with two balls, I thought it was only for one ball. I'll have to ask Mike. Oh, and it would only be on the Xbox360, I have no way of testing on any other devices ATM, so let's hope the bug is there too so I can address it.
I've not been instructed in the proper use of FarSight test artillery, but it looks like Mike once said it's possible to use more than one cannon simultaneously:

(11:25:06 AM) jaredmorgs: MikeReitmeyer: Can you manually place balls in the trough in developer mode to test the switch edges?
(11:25:39 AM) MikeReitmeyer: We have a few different tools. One is our ball control mode where we can move balls around
(11:25:57 AM) MikeReitmeyer: Another is a cannon that we can place ball(s) at locations and fire them off in directions at speeds we control​

Just thinking out loud...maybe it'll help, maybe not.

Stephen Snow

FarSight Employee
Oct 11, 2012
Hey everyone, been out of the office for a few days... rest assured we're still watching this forum and your concerns are in fact being heard.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I've not been instructed in the proper use of FarSight test artillery, but it looks like Mike once said it's possible to use more than one cannon simultaneously:

(11:25:06 AM) jaredmorgs: MikeReitmeyer: Can you manually place balls in the trough in developer mode to test the switch edges?
(11:25:39 AM) MikeReitmeyer: We have a few different tools. One is our ball control mode where we can move balls around
(11:25:57 AM) MikeReitmeyer: Another is a cannon that we can place ball(s) at locations and fire them off in directions at speeds we control​

Just thinking out loud...maybe it'll help, maybe not.

We don't have anything currently set up to fire multiple balls in different directions. I never actually tried more than one ball, but the code is setup to have on direction. I might have to add some more functionality to it.

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
Just ran into another bug in Scared Stiff. I was playing a 4 player game, and players 2 and 3 both reiceved a new high score, and both achieved Scared Stiff. I was able to enter the initials for Scared Stiff for both players fine. Then it was time to enter the high score for player 2 which went fine, but when it got to player 3 the option to select the letters was missing and it just sat there.

I tried to grab my camera to take a picture, but the game timed out before I had the chance to do that.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Are you tapping the screen or doing anything else at the time the game ends?

I have noticed a notable pause (about 3-4 seconds) at the end of a game now on Big Shot. For example, if you flip at the end of ball 5 on Big Shot, and it is game over, the flipper stays engaged and the game looks like it has locked up.

It doesn't hang for me on the TF300T, but it looks like it is going to.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.