Android - Bug FarSight official test. dept. Thread

Stephen Snow

FarSight Employee
Oct 11, 2012
alright, we were able to verify that that IS an issue, and is global on all platforms, our programmers are working on it now.

RPIalum

Nov 16, 2012
Device/OS: HTC myTouch4g (droid: 2.3.4; HTC Sense 2.1; Sftwr #: 2.32.531.1)

Bug Description: Black Hole - 1 G-force accelerator bonus multiplier not retained between balls. If a g-Force multiplier of 2x is obtained on a ball and ball drains, the g-force light remains lit but the scoring returns back to 1x. When the 2nd is obtained the scoring multiplier correctly returns to 3x.

Steps to reproduce: Get one g-force accelerator, let ball drain. On next ball note, light is lit, but scoring on lower level is accumulated at 1x value.

Frequency: All the time

Additional comments: Bug may already be in system, was reported via email about a month ago.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Stephen, I've created a Twilight Zone thread in this forum specifically to track the issues observed with this very complex table.

The thread focuses on the v1.7.0 beta that Ryan uploaded on the date of this post.

Please monitor it for reported issues, and ask for more info if you need it.

Hope it helps. :D

N

netizen

Pro Tables TOTAN, ESS, TZ
Bookkeeping ROM
No Stats are being kept.

Frequency 100%

Process: enable pro mode, open coin door, go to the B [bookkeeping menu(s)] look at the stats, notice they are blank, escape out. Reset the table. Play a few, or as many games as you'd like. go back to the pro menu, open coin door, Menu B, Blank stats.

This is related to the issues of Jackpots, and Castles champions, and all the "Other" scores that can/should be tracked on the tables but seem to be dropped each time a table is exited, and "reset" to default status by going to the menu/game selection screen.

There needs to be a less volatile memory state to hold all of these functions so that the table retains its state between sessions. For example, in TZ I shouldn't have to free the Powerball from the gumball machine again just because I went to the "lobby."
Unless I reset the machine to default the current state should carry over; scores, jackpot counts, specials etc

Otherwise what is the point of having the ability to reset the machine, get rid of High Scores?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Pro Tables TOTAN, ESS, TZ
Bookkeeping ROM
No Stats are being kept.

Frequency 100%

Process: enable pro mode, open coin door, go to the B [bookkeeping menu(s)] look at the stats, notice they are blank, escape out. Reset the table. Play a few, or as many games as you'd like. go back to the pro menu, open coin door, Menu B, Blank stats.

This is related to the issues of Jackpots, and Castles champions, and all the "Other" scores that can/should be tracked on the tables but seem to be dropped each time a table is exited, and "reset" to default status by going to the menu/game selection screen.

There needs to be a less volatile memory state to hold all of these functions so that the table retains its state between sessions. For example, in TZ I shouldn't have to free the Powerball from the gumball machine again just because I went to the "lobby."
Unless I reset the machine to default the current state should carry over; scores, jackpot counts, specials etc

Otherwise what is the point of having the ability to reset the machine, get rid of High Scores?

While I can't verify the behavior myself because I don't have the Pro menus unlocked, I wholeheartedly agree that better game state management is desperately required on these tables. What is the point of having a pro menu when you can't geek out over all the heuristics.

Netizen, can you confirm on ESS that family mode stays "on" between restarts? Are Adjustments persistent?

If that isn't the case, then there aren't many reasons I can think of to pay money for the Pro Menu.

N

netizen

Netizen, can you confirm on ESS that family mode stays "on" between restarts? Are Adjustments persistent?

If that isn't the case, then there aren't many reasons I can think of to pay money for the Pro Menu.

Presently I can't do Squat with ESS due to it having a process error at the end of game.

The game finishes, but there is a call missing to bring up the HOF/continue screen which then triggers the whole save state of goals made, scores achieved etc. Without this being done one needs to A) pause and quit, B) call up the task man and FC the app, C) manually hard boot the device. Which option you choose depends on how your device handles the instance of not handling a process being called etc.

I have had it be as simple as needing the pause to having an android equivalent of a BSOD; stuttering sound and jagged screen image. right now ESS is a no go for anything but random shot tries and attempts to perfect that impossible dream skill shot :confused:

ETA: In the previous build the Pro menu default the Family mode was set to "On." Which meant that the language was waht we were used to, and it could be changed to "Off" to generate langauage and some Dead heads that hadn't been seen previously.
However I decided to check seeing as you asked and the default on this build is "off" but the language is still the standard that we are used to. Even changing the setting to "on" doesn't bring out the 'hidden' sayings etc.

So here we have another bug related to the Pro Menu and it's system settings.

Not going to write a whole lot more on this unless it is needed.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Presently I can't do Squat with ESS due to it having a process error at the end of game.

The game finishes, but there is a call missing to bring up the HOF/continue screen which then triggers the whole save state of goals made, scores achieved etc. Without this being done one needs to A) pause and quit, B) call up the task man and FC the app, C) manually hard boot the device. Which option you choose depends on how your device handles the instance of not handling a process being called etc.

I have had it be as simple as needing the pause to having an android equivalent of a BSOD; stuttering sound and jagged screen image. right now ESS is a no go for anything but random shot tries and attempts to perfect that impossible dream skill shot :confused:

ETA: In the previous build the Pro menu default the Family mode was set to "On." Which meant that the language was waht we were used to, and it could be changed to "Off" to generate langauage and some Dead heads that hadn't been seen previously.
However I decided to check seeing as you asked and the default on this build is "off" but the language is still the standard that we are used to. Even changing the setting to "on" doesn't bring out the 'hidden' sayings etc.

So here we have another bug related to the Pro Menu and it's system settings.

Not going to write a whole lot more on this unless it is needed.

Thorough testing there, netizen. Thanks for saving me $4. Looks like the way pro menu is implemented will need to drastically improve before I start handing over any cash. :-(

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.