FarSight planning massive PS3 update patch--maybe

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
From their Facebook account this afternoon:

https://www.facebook.com/pinballarc...422&reply_comment_id=6785750&total_comments=5

The Pinball Arcade Sony will not let us modify a single DLC package without forcing a redownload and replacement of every bit of data in the game, which means players would lose local data, high scores etc. We're planning to release such a patch but due to the undesirable consequences of it we've been trying to work a way around doing so with them

(This concept has been discussed here before and I believe the overwhelming consensus was we're fine with a big download and losing local scores, just give us the update, yes please! Of course, that's us elite online types.)

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
I wonder if they could somehow do like a save data export that you could import into the patched version.
I think Resident Evil 5 needed some kind of save file change on one of the major patches.

I would be quite fine with a save wipe for a better game. Do what you gotta do FS. I think a big update to fix stuff is needed every 6 months or so.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Yep, They are also planning a "massive patch" for the Vita as well.

They posted this on Tuesday

The Pinball Arcade Getting PS4 ready for launch is definitely taking a lot of our resources, but we're still trying to make the highest quality product we can, we won't be able to do anything about Dr. Dude or the playfield on cactus canyon etc. until we can work with sony to release a massive patch for all DLC at once, which is what we're probably going to wind up doing very soon.
Like · 1 · September 3 at 3:14pm

Let's hope they follow through on these promises.

snakeman07

Sep 2, 2013
Sacrificing meaningless local scores is worth it for such a patch. As long as leaderboards and current goals completed for each table don't get wiped, I'm all for it.

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
consequences be damned! let the updating commence! If you are that attached to your high score, take a Polaroid.

Baramos

Aug 18, 2013
Yeah, I'm not really attached to my local high scores. I can just use the leaderboard score for a measuring stick if they wipe them.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
As far as I'm concerned, they could wipe everything.

I mean, what am I doing now with the PC Beta but redoing all the goals? And you know what? I'm having fun collecting them again! Okay, there's one or two that I really hoped I'd never have to do again, but still. To me it's like walking into a different arcade that has the table you always play. Do you really think to yourself, "oh I've already got the hi score on my usual machine, so I'll skip this" or do you try and spread your dominance wherever you can?

So yes, so long as the patch is worth it in terms of what it fixes, nuke it all!

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
I would gladly lose the local high scores for fixes to the tables. This is a no-brainer in my opinion. Dowloading "the whole game again" is something I bet everyone except a few will gladly do to thave the FIXES to the tables.
Jeeez, fix it allready!

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
As far as I'm concerned, they could wipe everything.

I mean, what am I doing now with the PC Beta but redoing all the goals? And you know what? I'm having fun collecting them again! Okay, there's one or two that I really hoped I'd never have to do again, but still. To me it's like walking into a different arcade that has the table you always play. Do you really think to yourself, "oh I've already got the hi score on my usual machine, so I'll skip this" or do you try and spread your dominance wherever you can?

So yes, so long as the patch is worth it in terms of what it fixes, nuke it all!
Agree, wipe it all if that's what it takes. is anyone actually concerned about losing their goals? i couldn't care less about the status of the goals, I can easily get them again (with a few notable exceptions). I think there should be more goals that are actually hard to get, multiple levels of wizard goals added. but thats a different topic.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
Meh, the goals are meaningless. Most are too easy and you get nothing for finishing them besides a trophy and no tilt option

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
Some of those goals were quite nasty. LOL I'm not going to front. I'm hoping not to revisit some, but in light of a newer and better PS3 version...then by all means wipe away! :(

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'll just add, it's not like your trophies would be wiped either. Just sayin' for those that care.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Couldn't the game look for trophies gained and then use that to unlock tiers of goals? I mean, if you've got 4 out of 5 Wizard goals on a table, obviously you'd have to start all the Wizard goals all over again, but at least you wouldn't have to do the table goals again.

Of course, the downside of that is that it'd be impossible to start from scratch and unlock table goals ever again. Some people like that kind of choice.

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
Please oh PLEASE let this happen.

I don't care AT ALL about local scores or even goals... Half the fun of these tables is beating them. I like to see if I can get all 5 table goals in my first game on a fresh install!

This would be fantastic. Finally, a *fixed* PS3 TPA, that will carry us thru the PS4 launch and leave us with a final, finished version to keep.

Maybe I will once again be able to play Black Night on TPW, instead of having to load up PHOF... one can dream, right?

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
I am all on board for this to happen! As far as leaderboards, goals and such, all I can say is...

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
I think everyone agrees: we don't care of local scores/goals/trophies/whatever/ IF it's the deal for Farsight to release a big patch for the PS3/PS Vita version.
And when I mean a big patch, it includes art fixes (BK, CV, ...) , color/contrast fixes (Genie, Taxi, HD, ...), physics fixes (the list is too long), ALL that goes wrong with TPA on PS3/PS Vita, but that have been fixed since many months on others devices.

Now... crossing fingers!!!:cool:

EDIT: thanks to the forumers that find the facenoob quotes. We have a nice fan forum... and Farsight never post on it! :(

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.