FarSight planning massive PS3 update patch--maybe

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
What they really need to do at this point is what Zen has done.

Especially now that they can't add more trophies.
If they can't get Sony to add more they will need to break up the seasons. TPA Season 1, TPA Season 2, .. etc..

To release a Season 3 Season pass with zero trophies will be a big mistake.
I think they underestimate how much people like them. Remember the crap storm back when TPA launched with no trophies?

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
What they really need to do at this point is what Zen has done.

Especially now that they can't add more trophies.
If they can't get Sony to add more they will need to break up the seasons. TPA Season 1, TPA Season 2, .. etc..

To release a Season 3 Season pass with zero trophies will be a big mistake.
I think they underestimate how much people like them. Remember the crap storm back when TPA launched with no trophies?

Wait, is there anything official out there that says they can't add any more trophies?

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012

Yeah that was when Bride Of Pinbot/MM along with FunHouse/CV, etc launched with no trophies. To this day it still jacked up my trophies for the Vita because I have wizard goals trophies, but no standard. I would have a lot more trophies for the Vita version. It's all good though. At least the PS3 version was fixable. LOL

RJB

May 1, 2013

Spot on! well said, I know not everyone is worried about the loss of trophies, but the truth is that many people are, I've bought every table pack up to now, but Table Pack 16 was released today! and I won't be buying it without trophies, from now on I will only buy the major releases like T2 for example, but even that table won't be quite the same without a trophy awarded at the end of completing all Wizard goals:(

I just think trophies add a lot to The Pinball Arcade "IMO" so major loss, can't believe Farsight can't sort something out with SONY on this, are they even trying to sort something out or just given up altogether?

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Don't have a link but they have said they are trying to work out some kind of solution with Sony, they didn't sound overly hopeful though. Obviously they realize that not having trophies can only hurt sales, but they've hit Sony's wall and until Sony decides to move the wall, there's absolutely nothing they can do. Although they do have to take some blame on this for poor long-term planning, similar to how they went ahead and made a content system that can't be patched.

Personally I could care less about trophies, and if this makes the "loading trophies" wait at the beginning of the game take less time (or not more time, anyway : P), then so much the better!

Anyway, the trophy thread is over here.

Back on topic, yesterday they made another reference to "the Megapatch" on their Facebook page in reply to someone who posted about how a few tables, including ST:TNG will hang sometimes when you start a new game:

The Pinball Arcade Several games do that, the problem is caused by the table not finishing resetting the locks/ejects etc by the time the start button is pressed. Inserting global code to fix this would ruin the ability of tables with persistent game-to-game states such as Dr. Dude's Dude-o-meter to cease functioning, however we should be able to fix it in the future with the Megapatch (for lack of a better word) that we plan on releasing for PS3. In the meantime, the way around this is to wait a few seconds before starting your next game.

(I wouldn't really mind if they broke the Dude-o-meter to fix this. : PPP)

Last edited:

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Megapatch!!! :cool: (thanks for the info, smbhax)

I was worried that FS give up to release the "megapatch", now a lot of people has stated to be no longer interested by TPA, as there will be no more trophies (this is so STUPID to react like this, just because of this dumb and silly collection of trophies). :mad:

Whatever, it seems the big patch will become a reality! \o/ :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.