FarSight Studios representation

gjarnling

Jun 12, 2012
great to see you all on the forum; devs commniticating with the community always make a product better! you're doing an amazing job and I will continue to support you guys. cheers for everyhing!

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Jason you do great work and it is vastly appreciated here in these forums , hope you will be adding a voice in the forums and not just lurking in from time to time .

gsxrboy

Feb 21, 2012
Welcome to here Jason, hope it's a fun and informative experience for you, and us, as you let us know how things are done etc.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
At this point it might be beneficial to create an art specific section on the forums. Its a big forum now and this might help him to focus.

Jason Juneau

FarSight Employee
Aug 10, 2012
An art forum would be awesome. I am going to do my best to answer any questions and fix the bugs as we find them. Thanks everyone for all the support and feedback.

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
Hi Jason. I just wondered why totan is still a blocky low res mess at the bottom of the table where the art is below each flipper. I mentioned this back before the game was even released and norm said it would be sorted. It still isn't. Any reason why?
Fantastic work by the way. :) respect due.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I love that the devs are reading the threads. The pinball community here is such a great group, very supportive, and unlike the facebook page, full of constructive criticism rather than toxic. Nice to think that our voices might actually be heard.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
At this point it might be beneficial to create an art specific section on the forums. Its a big forum now and this might help him to focus.

I don't know what configuration is possible in vBulletin boards, but I've been tagging my bug posts pretty heavily. At this stage, I'm picking random keywords that best fit the bug discovered.

For example, if it's a bug with Cirqus Voltaire and the DMD, I would tag "Cirqus Voltaire, DMD".

Perhaps a formalised tag list reporters could use might help attach metadata to each bug.

People might not know that there is an Art forum, therefore may not post correctly. You could say the same argument about tags, but at least they are present at the bottom of each new forum post when you create it initially.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Also, should Farsight consider a PAF public bug tracker so the devs can do more targeted triage on issues raised? I'd totally use a bug tracker if it was offered. One with "as you type" bug subject matching would cut down the duplicates.

I would think that having components assigned to individuals would prevent bugs slipping through the cracks. For example, Ryan could be assigned the "Android" component in the tracker and Jason could be assigned to Table Art and Graphics for example.

I come from a software background, and use bug trackers daily. So all this is a natural reflex for me. This might be a little scary to those users who have never seen one before.

But some bug trackers have such excellent Wizards in them that logging a bug is is no harder than filling out a web form.

I think that as time progresses, I'm just worried the forum functionality might start to get out-of-scope.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
An art forum would be awesome. I am going to do my best to answer any questions and fix the bugs as we find them. Thanks everyone for all the support and feedback.

Hi Jason

Well it seems a thread was started on Art.
But then Admin split this so issues sat under the relevant tables.

How would you prefer it?
*Individual issues under separate tables?
*Or one Art topic/thread to give you a more 'at a glance' way of assessing feedback?

Thanks for your work-Just wish my iPhone would let me appreciate it more :)
I hope you're pressing for the Free-Roaming camera option so we can see the bits missed during frantic play.

Thanks

Andy

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Jason asked for an Art Forum, not an Art Thread. A thread makes little sense, given the number of different topics that would be posted there, and discussed.

jaredmorgs, Unfortunately very, very few people use the tagging options.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.