Votes: 6 1.8%
  • Xenon™

Votes: 120 35.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

StrakaC

Oct 29, 2012
If you are going to include early 80's pins like Xenon, then give me Fathom.

The back of the Xenon pinball flyer clearly shows 1980.
I voted Xenon but if Fathom was on the list I would have voted for it. It was close but I want Xenon before Paragon.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I like to see older tables, but they don't give as much "bang for the buck" as newer tables.

I'd love to see Pinball Arcade return to something they used to do back in Seasons 1 and 2: if the table was older (or a reprint of what they had already released earlier on disc for game consoles), they made it a 2-pack.

So, each month or so, as part of your season subscription, you either got one full-budget new game, or you got 2 lower-budget games (either older games, easier to simulate, or a reprint). That was a good value for money.

I'd love to see a return to that. Also, what the heck happened to Sorcerer? It's already been made on disc, but for some reason, hasn't made it into Pinball Arcade, even though all of its peers have?

Josh

For the first 2 seasons, each table pack consisted of 2 tables, with the exception of TZ, ST:TNG, and Terminator. I may be wrong (and I don't really feel like taking the time to check), but it was a new table with a table from one of the two PHOF discs. Once they ran out of those titles, they went to single release. That's the official story at least.

It would be hard to argue against the fact that the quality of the tables has gone up since moving to single table releases though.

As for Sorcerer, FarSight is no longer in possession of that machine. They like to own the machines they recreate. Mainly for the ROMS, but also for game play testing. It was sacrificed to the Williams license renewal, as there were other tables they wanted to recreate instead. There has been a lot of people asking for it though, so maybe one day it'll resurface.

Barrel Seeker

Dec 26, 2014
Can we only vote once? I have multiple personalities I'd like to vote with:
1. First - and likely official and only vote - Paragon - to counteract the apparent non-qualifier for this poll Xenon.
2. Mata Hari - my favorite pin from the "while my parents are bowling" era in my life
3. Space Invaders - the new kid on the block from the same era
4. Fireball - any machine that results in a sequel must be re-created, no?

It's all good as long as these five machines end up in PA eventually. It's apparent I'm not alone in this sentiment, please make it happen!!

nathan.t.butcher

Dec 26, 2014
1. Lucky Seven
2. Roller Disco
3. Time Warp - with banana flippers
4. Disco Fever - with banana flippers

Or any of the top ten EM tables on the pinball database

Colter

Mar 8, 2014
I gotta throw my hat in for Flash. I don't see it winning over Xenon or Paragon any time soon (and rightly so, as those are both excellent tables), but I'm as much a Steve Ritchie fan as I am a Lawlor fan, and I'd love a chance to see the table Ritchie cut his teeth on.

Luckily, all the tables featured here are winners in my book, so you won't hear me complaining no matter which way this goes.

craig.nelson.7374

Dec 26, 2014
Joker Poker would be my first choice, especially since I nominated it. Mata Hari is a great second choice.

Xenon it's getting quite a few votes. However, that should not be included any pre-1980 discussion. The game was not actually released until almost 1981. Therefore I would really not like to see it as an eligible choice for this contest.

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2821

Thanks!

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
The wording was weird. Why wouldn't they just say a 1970s table? Also I hope we still get an EM as promised and fireball makes enough of a showing here to warrant the spot.
Pre-1980 is not confusing. It means the beginning of time through 12/31/79. Tables made before 1970 are also pre-1980, so that would be why they didn't say a '70s table.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Pre-1980 is not confusing. It means the beginning of time through 12/31/79. Tables made before 1970 are also pre-1980, so that would be why they didn't say a '70s table.

Except for the fact that all the choices are from the 70s...

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Anyone know if Farsight has officially commented on that yet? All I know is the list that Mike gave me.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Can we only vote once? I have multiple personalities I'd like to vote with:
1. First - and likely official and only vote - Paragon - to counteract the apparent non-qualifier for this poll Xenon.
2. Mata Hari - my favorite pin from the "while my parents are bowling" era in my life
3. Space Invaders - the new kid on the block from the same era
4. Fireball - any machine that results in a sequel must be re-created, no?

It's all good as long as these five machines end up in PA eventually. It's apparent I'm not alone in this sentiment, please make it happen!!

Where's Bill when we need him?

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
I gotta throw my hat in for Flash. I don't see it winning over Xenon or Paragon any time soon (and rightly so, as those are both excellent tables), but I'm as much a Steve Ritchie fan as I am a Lawlor fan, and I'd love a chance to see the table Ritchie cut his teeth on.

Luckily, all the tables featured here are winners in my book, so you won't hear me complaining no matter which way this goes.

Im a big fan of both my friend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts