Votes: 6 1.8%
  • Xenon™

Votes: 120 35.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RC_Deckman

Dec 26, 2012
I think that after a specified period of time Farsight should also do another poll of the top three tables in this poll. As of the time of this posting, there are 33 votes for the other tables which is about 30-32 percent of the total vote.

This old fart thinks this option should really be considered.

I like this suggestion.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
People, people!!

Hard games make better replay on TPA. Easy games are boring and get old.

Star Hedgehog

Feb 4, 2014
Even though "Spirit of 76" May not win this poll, please let us continue to support this popular EM table for a future season. Thank you.

diablomozart

Aug 13, 2012
this one might have been fun too...d.m.
stellarw.jpg

daneman20

Dec 18, 2013
While this might not be a popular choice, I am voting for Bally Supersonic. It would bring back lots of memories for me as it was one of the first pins I ever played. Created in 1979.

Nolan

Jan 19, 2014
****, I voted for Xenon because its the same artist as Centaur, when I probably should have voted for Royal Flush because its the same designer.

Doesnt matter, looks like Xenon is the foregone conclusion. Looks a bit simplistic in play though.

Krellan

Apr 23, 2013
Xenon is a beautiful piece of artwork in real life. The "infinity lighting" backglass, and the super detailed playfield artwork, really make this game stand out. It really impressed me when I was younger.

Unfortunately, it isn't that great to play. There's only 2 shots on the game: the ramp, and the left orbit.

Ramp = Repeat over and over for increasing points. Only challenge is dealing with the left saucer kickout at the end of the ramp, which will kick the ball randomly into the right slingshot. If you can recover control of the ball after that, and repeat, you're golden.

Left orbit = Feeds the top saucer. Do it 3 times to light the ramp, to lock a ball for Multiball. Do it 3 more times to release the ball, starting a 2-ball Multiball (the most this game has). So, that's a minimum of 6 left orbit shots, assuming every one goes in. Since the ball has only about a 50/50 chance of settling into the saucer from the top area, it ends up being more like 12 shots.

That's basically the game. Really simple.

That's why I would vote against it in Pinball Arcade. In real life it's challenging, but in Pinball Arcade the physics are idealized and simplified, so the ball ends up entering predictable patterns. The flippers are also intensely juiced, compared to real life, and part of the big challenge of Xenon is that it was not easy to hit the ramp every time, as you're dealing with flippers from 1980 that didn't yet carry the power of later designs.

I'd much rather see an example of a game that has a fun variety of shots. I recommend Flash! :)

Josh

Krellan

Apr 23, 2013
I like to see older tables, but they don't give as much "bang for the buck" as newer tables.

I'd love to see Pinball Arcade return to something they used to do back in Seasons 1 and 2: if the table was older (or a reprint of what they had already released earlier on disc for game consoles), they made it a 2-pack.

So, each month or so, as part of your season subscription, you either got one full-budget new game, or you got 2 lower-budget games (either older games, easier to simulate, or a reprint). That was a good value for money.

I'd love to see a return to that. Also, what the heck happened to Sorcerer? It's already been made on disc, but for some reason, hasn't made it into Pinball Arcade, even though all of its peers have?

Josh

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014
I like to see older tables, but they don't give as much "bang for the buck" as newer tables.

I'd love to see Pinball Arcade return to something they used to do back in Seasons 1 and 2: if the table was older (or a reprint of what they had already released earlier on disc for game consoles), they made it a 2-pack.

So, each month or so, as part of your season subscription, you either got one full-budget new game, or you got 2 lower-budget games (either older games, easier to simulate, or a reprint). That was a good value for money.

I'd love to see a return to that. Also, what the heck happened to Sorcerer? It's already been made on disc, but for some reason, hasn't made it into Pinball Arcade, even though all of its peers have?

Josh

Post of the year. I wish Farsight would listen to this guy!

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
I went with Paragon. It looks fantastic compared to Xenon, which I have played in real life and didn't care much for it.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Too bad that Sterns Magic (1979) is not on the list.
I don't really know the machine, but the art looks pretty good. :)

image-1.jpg

image-33.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online