Bug Friend Sorting on Leaderboards is BROKEN (video demo included)

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
In the replies for that FB post I replied to TPA's reply, linking them to grashopper's post above. They replied:

The Pinball Arcade We are paying attention to that forum post, but some people are saying they see no problem, some are, we have been trying to get it to happen but no luck yet.

hexcrass

Jun 3, 2012
Friend leaderboards are broken for me too. They say 'None'. It's broken whether I access from title screen or from the individual table. I played in the tournament. I have all the tables, no pro packs.
I hope they fix this, I spent soooo much time trying to go through and get the top score over my friends on a bunch of tables.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
On my main PS3 I have "NONE" in all of my friends lists. On my secondary PS3 the friends lists are acting normally. I can't check my daughter's PS3 because it is still packed but she said she'd unpack it tomorrow. I just loaded TPA on my secondary PS3 today using the + deal.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I mainly want to re-add what I had noted in the other thread for the record but I can add a few more details:

-My main account (which has PS+) shows "None" in the friends filter for all tables regardless of how I access the leaderboard including main menu, tournament menu, or table menu (this is the same for both of my PS3s and I have 10+ fiends with TPA)

-My guest account's friends filter works fine on both machines (that account has just 1 friend - my main account)

-I own all of the tables and participated in the tournament (came in 31st but now it says I didn't participate just like everyone else).

-I recently added a few new friends that play TPA between the last time I played TPA and the update. I also had one pending request to someone that plays TPA at the time of the update.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I find it strange that some people show 0 friends while others (myself included) show everyone on their PSN friend's list.
Still no update or comments on this from Farsight.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'm experiencing the same thing...friends scores just shows 'none', tourney says I didn't participate(placed 33rd).

I emailed support@pinballarcade.com and informed them. The response I got was...

Try logging out of and then back into your FarSight account to see if your friends list comes back. If not, try the same with Game Center.

If these please let us know if these suggestions correct the issue or not and if there is anything else we can help you with.

I responded that there is no Game Center for PSN, that's mobiles! Anyways, besides posting here, flood 'em with emails.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I find it strange that some people show 0 friends while others (myself included) show everyone on their PSN friend's list.
Still no update or comments on this from Farsight.

Uh they've been responding on Facebook you know--like the last quote I quoted here, about how they're watching this thread.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
I'm experiencing the same problem with the Friends Scores saying "none".

Question: How many people are on your friends list?

Judging with what everyone is saying. It appears the bug occurs when you have a really large friends list.

I have over 70 friends on mine FWIW.

Last edited:

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
I posted this in the update thread: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/4496-PS3-version-2-11/page3

By deleting some people off my friends list, I was able to change the behavior of the glitch.

51 friends: "None" for all tables
48 friends: Incorrect names/scores, same list for every table
39 friends: Only my own score is shown

I tried that somewhat. I was at 46 and had everyone on my list with wrong scores. Deleted one person and got it to just having my own name with the right score.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
From FarSight support...

It seems that there is a blossoming issue happening on the Sony platforms. We are currently endeavoring to figure out what is causing the problem, who's end it's on, and how to fix the issue. Please continue to be patient. We should have a patch out for this soon if it is on our end.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Nice work on figuring out the amount of friends things, guys. My Friends list in TPA works fine but I probably only have like a dozen people total on my PSN Friends list.

EDIT: 17, to be exact.

Last edited:

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Yup, they must have exceeded an array size. I bet they coded the UI around the mobile platforms and forgot that PSN allowed up to 100 friends..

I am in line with ParallaxScroll's results since I'm getting the "None" issue and have over 50 people in my friends list.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Uh they've been responding on Facebook you know--like the last quote I quoted here, about how they're watching this thread.

Uh, I was talking about commenting on here. My previous message talked about how they should comment on the forum.
They have no problems chatting it up on other topics, but something as serious as a leaderboard screw-up and they go into silent mode.

So yeah, easy fix to show your friend's leader board scores.. just delete your friends! Oh wait...

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
It isn't just this topic, you know--we haven't had a whole lot of comments from them in this PS3 board in a while. It seems to be up to individual developers to come in and comment on their own work if they want to--like Mike R on physics stuff, the Android beta dude over there... Maybe the developer who handles the PS3 stuff just isn't the chatty type. But it's ridiculous to say they're in silent mode on this topic considering that they responded pretty quickly about it, and more than once, on their official channel.

You've fallen into the usual immature us-vs-them mentality because it makes you feel better to treat this like a personal affront, since then you can play the wounded party. I don't see how that attitude is helping, and if I was a developer, it's exactly the type of thing that would make me think twice about trying to comment here. FarSight haven't said to delete your Friends; that's something players have found independently, and by posting the results of their experiment here, they've provided what is probably really valuable feedback that FarSight can use to find and fix the bug faster. You've provided feedback too, but you're sort of counter-acting that with your essentially baseless insinuations that the people who make this game you enjoy are somehow actively working against you. You could very likely help this get fixed faster if you remained more constructive.

Last edited:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
It isn't just this topic, you know--we haven't had a whole lot of comments from them in this PS3 board in a while. It seems to be up to individual developers to come in and comment on their own work if they want to--like Mike R on physics stuff, the Android beta dude over there... Maybe the developer who handles the PS3 stuff just isn't the chatty type. But it's ridiculous to say they're in silent mode on this topic considering that they responded pretty quickly about it, and more than once, on their official channel.

You've fallen into the usual immature us-vs-them mentality because it makes you feel better to treat this like a personal affront, since then you can play the wounded party. I don't see how that attitude is helping, and if I was a developer, it's exactly the type of thing that would make me think twice about trying to comment here. FarSight haven't said to delete your Friends; that's something players have found independently, and by posting the results of their experiment here, they've provided what is probably really valuable feedback that FarSight can use to find and fix the bug faster. You've provided feedback too, but you're sort of counter-acting that with your essentially baseless insinuations that the people who make this game you enjoy are somehow actively working against you. You could very likely help this get fixed faster if you remained more constructive.

Well said. I don't agree with it, but well said.

I can't stay on the "Farsight can do no wrong" bandwagon any longer.

I'm sorry if I came across angry in my posts, but that's only because I AM.

My comments are not out of line, I believe I am being pretty tame on the subject.

I am a frustrated TPA owner who tries to go out of my way to stick up for them, but it's become impossible.

Here's a few specific reasons why I am not a happy gamer.

1. I helped fund Twilight Zone (PS3) and waited a week for the code while my friends, who didn't donate enjoyed it. I was actually told I should BUY IT if I want to play it right away! Nice...

2. I helped fund Star Trek TNG (guess I'm a glutton!) and waited 25 days to get a valid code!
I still didn't get Pro Mode or the skins, but I didn't expect to actually get those.

3. I played TPA to have fun comparing score with my friends. The 2.11 updated destroyed that part if the game, rendering it useless to me. When showing the video of it to Farsight they told me there is no way their update could have done this as it only addressed the UI. So they denied and moved on. It wasn't until many others started posting about it that they actually answered like they gave a 5h!t.

They continue to release table DLC which is below the standards of what is expected.

All in all, I complain because I care. Maybe if more people spoke up we wouldn't get sloppy DLC like Black Knight on the PS3, or the unplayable Dr. Dude on the Vita (yes I know they are fixing it, but this should never have been released in this state!)

I guess I just miss the old days when stuff didn't ship in a broken state with plans I fix it at some point.
Patches are both a blessing and a curse I suppose.

Back on topic:

Has anyone been able to actually fix this bug by deleting friends off their friends list?

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
If you can whittle it down to 17 I think there's a good chance it'd work. : D Judging from that response SYT got about how they'd like to fix it "soon," though, it'd probably just be better to wait a bit for the fix--assuming they can reproduce it now with the info they've got from this thread and elsewhere.

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
I guess I just miss the old days when stuff didn't ship in a broken state with plans I fix it at some point.
Patches are both a blessing and a curse I suppose.

Exactly, and that's why the reasoning of Sony or Microsoft is completely sound.

With the latest patch the leaderboard is still broken for me but I don't plan to remove friends. Let's hope that FS is able to figure out the bug asap - I am willing to help debugging and many others probably as well (unless it means "remove all your friends" ...).

And not matter what FS claims, the facts speak a clear language and don't put the PS3/VITA developer in a good light. Probably it's not even his/her fault but rather the bad management decisions.

P.S. I still enjoy the game, I am just angry that people who try out TPA as part of the PS+ program will get a bad first impression. Compare this to Zen's "Star Wars Pinball", awsome music, very polished, you hunt your friends' scores and get immediate feedback, it's just fun. That the table designs is actually only mediocre and the physics not the best goes unnoticed for a long while because the wow factor is there.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Yup, they must have exceeded an array size. I bet they coded the UI around the mobile platforms and forgot that PSN allowed up to 100 friends..

It's either that or it's the number of TPA friends you have. For example, let's say you have 70 friends and 20 of them have TPA. However, the array size can only display 10 of your friend's scores.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.