Bug Friend Sorting on Leaderboards is BROKEN (video demo included)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
The weird thing is, my friends list did not grow between the time I could read friend's scores and the update, when suddenly I couldn't. But yeah, the majority of my friends list is made up of people from TPA.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
It's either that or it's the number of TPA friends you have. For example, let's say you have 70 friends and 20 of them have TPA. However, the array size can only display 10 of your friend's scores.

That's a good point too, it may be a combination of both that drives the different behaviors. It looks like the overall number at least plays a part but it would be hard to say for sure what the exact scenarios were without more sample data to analyze. Of course that's without having access to the code so hopefully FS can figure it out without much more info.

The weird thing is, my friends list did not grow between the time I could read friend's scores and the update, when suddenly I couldn't. But yeah, the majority of my friends list is made up of people from TPA.

I fully believe it had something to do with the UI update. I'm pretty sure that for the base 4 tables I had more than 10 people that appeared in the friends filter and I've definitely had more than 50 total people in my friends list all along. I just don't see any other possible explanation.

martinlastbandit

May 29, 2013
Also only seeing mysef in leaderboards, friends are gone

I checked this today and my friends leaderboard only has my own scores in the #1 spot. No one else is listed on the friends list at all. I was in the tournament if that helps. Kind of weird, seems that there are a lot of different ways it's broken.

Same here since updating to V2.11 (now V2.12 and nothing has changed), I see no friends anymore but I only have about 4 that play PBA. And one of my friends says he sees all of his friends. I did participate in a tournament (maybe a month ago, it used 8 of the earlier tables) but most recently it's telling me I did not participate in the (more recent?) free tournament. I deleted and reinstalled the game, maybe the bug is saved in the player data (?). I do even see a "loading" prompt in the leaderboards. It's like it doesn't know who else to look at?

Off topic: I've also been seeing a never corrected a bug with Elvira and Gofers from the beginning where the preset high scores are messed up (one has only 4 scores and sorted wrong, the other identical to another table's initial scores). Essentially makes it near impossible for mortals to get the top 5 score trophy as the scores are unreasonably high for an average score on these tables.

Last edited:

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
The Elvira-Gofer highscore bug was fixed but as far as I remember it wasn't possible to fix it for users who had the tablepack already installed. 4 Elvira games with ~20M points will get you into the list so depending on your skill it might or might no be a big deal.

The "loading" prompt in the leaderboards is normal, it takes some time to retrieve the data from the FS server.

Does anyone know if the leaderboard issue is still under investigation and if FS made progress on it?

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Off topic: I've also been seeing a never corrected a bug with Elvira and Gofers from the beginning where the preset high scores are messed up (one has only 4 scores and sorted wrong, the other identical to another table's initial scores). Essentially makes it near impossible for mortals to get the top 5 score trophy as the scores are unreasonably high for an average score on these tables.

If you just want the trophy then follow these steps:
1) make a copy of your Pinball Arcade user data - copy to a memory stick is easiest.
2) delete your Pinball Arcade user data
3) play both effected tables and get on the high scores for each and make sure you got the trophies
4) replace your Pinball Arcade user data with your saved data.

The high scores will be messed up again but you will still have the trophies.

Alternative way is to just bite the bullet and delete your Pinball Arcade user data. You won't lose your trophies but all high scores and in-game goals will be reset. This is what I did. I found it fun to go after the old goals again. The advantage to this is that your high scores will remain correct.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Regardless of what was or was not said on FarSight's Facebook page, this forum is not that page, so leave the personal attacks out of it, please. I won't ask nicely again.

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
the issue clearly has something to do w/ mobiles

I participated in the tournament, but when I choose the option it says I didn't participate. It then proceeds to show me the results NOT from the recent ps3 tournament but from the recent tournament on mobiles.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Just to clarify, when Farsight says "the Sony team", I'm fairly sure that they're referring to their own team of PS3 developers.

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Just to clarify, when Farsight says "Sony team", I'm fairly sure that they're referring to their own team of PS3 developers.

Ah, could be. It's good to think they *have* a Sony team--I was just wondering about that this morning.

From their Facebook page two hours ago:

The Pinball Arcade We have reproduced the bug and our programmers are working on it now.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Let's keep this on topic. The bottom line, as smbhax pointed out, is that they reproduced the bug and are working on it. Whatever they said or didn't say before is irrelevant. All that matters is that they get it fixed.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
No need to delete this thread. Spoonman, I applaud you for creating this thread as it's what ultimately led to FarSight acknowledging and tracking down the leaderboard bug. The only problem I had was I didn't think it was necessary to attempt to drag FarSight through the mud after they acknowledged the fact that they had reproduced the bug and were already working on it. Constructive threads and posts will almost always result in the quickest solutions.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Pin, I totally agree with that. I would not have a reason to do that, nor did I do that.
My comment was left BEFORE they responded with the news in which they found the bug and are working on it and AFTER they deleted the other comment (which I won't go into any detail about..)

The order in which things were said and the manner they were responded to seem to have been mixed up at some point.
I'm just going to leave it at that.

All I want to do is clear the air here. I have absolutely no ill feelings against Farsight and I am probably more happy than anyone else here that they are working on a fix.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Let's just all agree to give FarSight the time they need to look into certain issues before we decide to throw them under the bus, at which point, one may want to consider cutting their losses and moving on.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
have we had any news about this?

I'm guessing they are either holding off until they update TPA with new trophy/table data for packs #13 & #14 or they still haven't figured out how to fix it.
I hope it's not the latter.

Speaking of DLC.. does anyone know when they are planned?

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I'm guessing they are either holding off until they update TPA with new trophy/table data for packs #13 & #14 or they still haven't figured out how to fix it.
I hope it's not the latter.

Speaking of DLC.. does anyone know when they are planned?

13 in the beginning of July and 14 in mid-July.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.