Game of Thrones Pinball

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Old joke:

Question: Do you know why George R.R. Martin doesn't use Twitter anymore?
Answer: He already killed off all 140 characters....

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I thought George Gomez would be a good fit for this one. He designed LOTR, Avengers, Monster Bash, all machines with large casts. Plus he hasn't done a machine since Avengers (which was not his high point). Does he even design then anymore?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Some some pics over on onside and the layout looks good, but the artwork is just awful. The pro version seems very stripped down compared to the premium/LE. No upper playfield for the pro.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
While it's great how they're finally making a GoT pinball, I gotta say I'm kind of underwhelmed. The artwork is lacking and there aren't even any figures or artwork of the characters on the playfield, like LOTR.

I'm not a fan of the differences bewteen versions Stern adds every time, either. Missing out on a whole upper playfield? That just wasn't a good idea at all. I hope the rules are good this time, at least.

Last edited:

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
http://www.sternpinball.com/games/game-of-thrones/limited-edition

http://www.sternpinball.com/games/game-of-thrones/premium

http://www.sternpinball.com/games/game-of-thrones/pro

Disappointed it's a clipart fest. The Walking Dead pin has much more personality. As others have said in pinside, NOT Dark enough thematically. This is a dark show! Not Medieval maddness. Also, no LCD? What century are we in?
Seems like an extreme lack of innovation, considering the prices they're asking. :eek:

Looks like a fun pin though.
Wonder if they got the actors to do custom sounds?

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Pinball-Magazine.com:
"Steve Ritchie is rumored to be working on Game of Thrones."

IGN & Co want to reveal more info next week.

Yep it's a Steve Ritchie. Go to the features matrix on the Stern website, one of the perks of the LE is the playfield is signed by Steve Ritchie.

Odd because when I first saw the Pro layout with the twin crossover ramps, I immediately thought of Mark Ritchie.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I never would've guessed it was a Steve Ritchie. No "Picard Manuever" nor left outlane kickback.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Alright. The first pictures have popped up, so let's start discussing.

- The art doesn't look good to me. Compared to, say, Medieval Madness or The Hobbit, the game doesn't really capture the feel of the show at all. I mean, the art looks like the intro to the show, but it sure doesn't have any characters on it. Then again, Star Trek has no characters from the show on its art either, so I guess we'll see what happens.
- It feels like Premium is the way to go with this table. The Pro looks really barren and while it may be a really fast table, the lack of things like the castle and the Iron Throne really make the table look ugly.
- Game layout looks pretty good actually! Can't wait to play this one. Looks like another Steve Ritchie classic. :)
- The theme doesn't feel integrated well at all. I mean, sure you have the house modes and the dragon, but tell me, was there any important scene in Game of Thrones that involves a battering ram? Or the "Sword of Multiball"? Things like this make me think the table was going to be a Medieval Madness sequel until the Stern crew obtained the license.
- If you haven't seen the backglass art, don't. It's horrible. End of story.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.