Request General Wish List Thread

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
I have reworked the list once again to clean it up a little. Also, the most important wishes are now at the top, with the more optional ones further down...

Last edited:

deathindustrial

Apr 14, 2012
I would like to say way more information under "extras" for the table history section.

At the very least, this should include:

- screenshots of the actual table
- specs (similar to http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=307)
- credits list (designers, artists, etc.)

If possible, interviews (text or video) would be great. For example, the "Williams Arcade's Greatest Hits" from the PS1 has interviews with the designers of the games which was a definite highlight. Would love to see something similar with the designers of these tables or related folks from the industry. Perhaps an agreement could be made with one of the existing pinball databases to include their info?

Cheers

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Nudging still seems inconsistant on iOS. It doesn't always register, even when I use shake nudging. It lacks forward nudging too.

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
I would like to say way more information under "extras" for the table history section.

At the very least, this should include:

- screenshots of the actual table
- specs (similar to http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=307)
- credits list (designers, artists, etc.)

If possible, interviews (text or video) would be great. For example, the "Williams Arcade's Greatest Hits" from the PS1 has interviews with the designers of the games which was a definite highlight. Would love to see something similar with the designers of these tables or related folks from the industry. Perhaps an agreement could be made with one of the existing pinball databases to include their info?

Cheers

added to list!

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
We need bumper animations! Real machines have an animation where what looks like a disc quickly moves up the bumper, and drops down again. I don't think this should be too hard to add, as many Visual Pinball tables have it.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I think the game setup menu is misleading. It only sets the number of players. Maybe have the operator settings under this menu, or just rename it to "number of players" or something similar?

Last edited:

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
We need bumper animations! Real machines have an animation where what looks like a disc quickly moves up the bumper, and drops down again. I don't think this should be too hard to add, as many Visual Pinball tables have it.

added to list! I also included the request for sling shot animations, since some tables seem to have them and some don't...

Also I would like the ability to unlock extra ball skins, ect. with our earned credits...

the request for ball skins and customization is already on the list =)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012

The bumper animation you described is already present on all the tables unless you're talking about something else completely.

added to list! I also included the request for sling shot animations, since some tables seem to have them and some don't...

The slingshot animation is also present on all tables. You can't really see it on TOM because the plastics on top of the slingshots stick out where the animation would normally be.

Last edited:

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
The bumper animation you described is already present on all the tables unless you're talking about something else completely.

The slingshot animation is also present on all tables. You can't really see it on TOM because the plastics on top of the slingshots stick out where the animation would normally be.

hmmm... I'm not quite sure to be honest! I just checked all the tables on ANDROID ICS running on SGSII and only Ripley's seems to have visible sling shots that pop out from under the plastics. Regarding the bumpers: these are really hard to see on the released tables due to their placement anyway, so it's hard to judge. I think for the time being I will leave it as a request or move it to the ANDROID section, since the animations really seem to be missing there...

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
hmmm... I'm not quite sure to be honest! I just checked all the tables on ANDROID ICS running on SGSII and only Ripley's seems to have visible sling shots that pop out from under the plastics. Regarding the bumpers: these are really hard to see on the released tables due to their placement anyway, so it's hard to judge. I think for the time being I will leave it as a request or move it to the ANDROID section, since the animations really seem to be missing there...

Keep in mind, there's a lot of animation, lighting and graphics missing on mobile devices to keep the tables running smoothly.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
true! guess I'll put the animations request under portable versions / android for the time being...

It would be nice if FarSight could get the tables on mobile devices as close to the console versions as possible while keeping the tables running smoothly, but I know the majority of mobile devices don't have the power the consoles possess.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I know there are a couple pinball redemption machines. If a couple of those come, I wouldn't mind the ability to win virtual prizes.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I would like to be able to select the specific rom used...i really like the arcade setups and dropping in credits getting replays instead of extra balls and on some tables (Like MM) there are roms that take the beeps out ( i know it's juvenile but i think beeps bring attention to the swearing more that just the word itself)

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I would like to be able to select the specific rom used...i really like the arcade setups and dropping in credits getting replays instead of extra balls and on some tables (Like MM) there are roms that take the beeps out ( i know it's juvenile but i think beeps bring attention to the swearing more that just the word itself)
This probably is not very feasible. I'm assuming the ROM emulated in a TPA table is whatever one is in the physical table at FarSight's office, so that as they're programming it into the game they can go to their table and verify things are working as expected. The other issue is that some games have 10 to 15 different "official" ROMs - that'd be a lot of work on FarSight's part with relatively little benefit compared to other features they could pursue.

stevesabol

Apr 13, 2012
AirPlay on iOS

Long time listener, first time caller.

Has anyone seen the way Pinball HD uses AirPlay on iOS to an AppleTV? It sends the table to ATV full screen (not 1024x768... full 720p/1080p) and the iOS device has the plunger and flipper controls. Not sure if they do any nudging. My daughters stumbled across it.

I'd LOVE to see Farsight add this type of capability. Really cool stuff.

I found this on YouTube that shows how it works http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS04NMCuyGA (I just wish he wouldn't hold his iPad there).

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Long time listener, first time caller.

Has anyone seen the way Pinball HD uses AirPlay on iOS to an AppleTV? It sends the table to ATV full screen (not 1024x768... full 720p/1080p) and the iOS device has the plunger and flipper controls. Not sure if they do any nudging. My daughters stumbled across it.

I'd LOVE to see Farsight add this type of capability. Really cool stuff.

I found this on YouTube that shows how it works http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS04NMCuyGA (I just wish he wouldn't hold his iPad there).

I just tried this on my ipad 3/atv2 and as I suspected the flipper lag is terrible making the game virtually unplayable. Its the same with Zen pinball and TPA. Maybe the lag would be less with the more powerful atv 3 but I doubt it. Gaming over airplay seems like a good idea and may be suitable for some games but for action games the lag is hard to get over, at least in my experience.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
FarSight...Can You Please Have The Enclosed View Angle Selectable On All Tables

For Xbox 360 my favorite view angles are as follows:

Black Hole : 2 - locked

Ripley's Believe It or Not! : 1 - locked

Theatre of Magic : 1 - locked (only table that doesn't have an angle I like, so I use this one)

Tales of the Arabian Nights : 1 - locked

BLACKHOLE15-copy.jpg

This image is an example of the locked angle view I prefer and hope to see available on all tables.

Can someone from FarSight please ask Bobby King to have the view angle shown above available on all present and future tables (including Theatre of Magic which is missing this angle view at the moment) as this is the viewing angle that is most natural to me (and many others I would assume). Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.