Getting tired of all the buggy tables

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I don't think they really give a **** tbh, as said above they pretty much have a monopoly and a captive market of pinheads so they have no incentive whatsoever to raise their game. Sad.

It's one of those situation where ANY developer could step in and steal the market by raising the quality bar and being communicative, but it won't happen because the market isn't worth pursuing. FS just stepped in to fill a void and now we are all at their mercy. It's them or nothing.

Trenchbroom

Apr 20, 2013
One company has the exclusive license to recreate Williams, Bally, Gottlieb, and Stern tables. No competition in the marketplace; if you want to play these classic tables, this is the only option (yeah I know VB, fanboy homemade copies do not count).

It's called a monopoly. No reason to do anything but the bare minimum to serve your customers when you are (quoting The Flintstones here) "The only caterer in town". Sucks, but there it is.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I look at it at it in a different light,there are about 5 tables I have trouble with.i say **** happens I`ve got 67 other tables.i know it gives us all the wobbles !!! on bright note I pre ordered Horizon 3 Ultimate,can`t wait.it`s set in my area, I`m just down the road from Surfers Paradise,at Tweed Heads right next to Coolie.my daughter lives across the Tweed river from me.am I happy ? you betcha little booties I am !!!!!! one funny thing I noticed,they dragged the 12 Apostles from Victoria to just outside Byron Bay.game look bloody stunning !!!! :cool:

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I look at it at it in a different light,there are about 5 tables I have trouble with.i say **** happens I`ve got 67 other tables.i know it gives us all the wobbles !!! on bright note I pre ordered Horizon 3 Ultimate,can`t wait.it`s set in my area, I`m just down the road from Surfers Paradise,at Tweed Heads right next to Coolie.my daughter lives across the Tweed river from me.am I happy ? you betcha little booties I am !!!!!! one funny thing I noticed,they dragged the 12 Apostles from Victoria to just outside Byron Bay.game look bloody stunning !!!! :cool:

Your outlook conveniently ignores that TPA has a host of bugs, many of them platform-specific, on each platform it is available on. You've got 5 buggy tables? That's nice. Someone else has 10. Some platforms don't have leaderboards. Some have audio issues on EVERY TABLE. iOS has a compatibility issue causing frame-hitching and stutters on EVERY TABLE.

This all in addition to a lot of missing features and polish. Mobile and consoles still don't have 3.0 flipper physics implemented on most pre-Xenon tables. Where's the new (hideous) UI?

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Again, time to step up your game. Look at Zaccaria's fixes, compared to every releaase of one table each month on Pinball Arcade:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/444930/announcements

FS is too busy making SPA for more platforms. It's been two weeks since it was stealth released on GearVR and there hasn't been a single patch to improve performance on the three busted tables they are charging $5/each for.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Your outlook conveniently ignores that TPA has a host of bugs, many of them platform-specific, on each platform it is available on. You've got 5 buggy tables? That's nice. Someone else has 10. Some platforms don't have leaderboards. Some have audio issues on EVERY TABLE. iOS has a compatibility issue causing frame-hitching and stutters on EVERY TABLE.

This all in addition to a lot of missing features and polish. Mobile and consoles still don't have 3.0 flipper physics implemented on most pre-Xenon tables. Where's the new (hideous) UI?
HotHamBoy,i understand,i`m just saying only for myself,not for the rest of you.i have 6 platforms,i go from one to the other.my expectations are not the same as everyone else.it`s the same for all my car racing games.i have most of them on PS3,PS4 and XBOX 1,people complain all the time about them.i don`t stress myself over any game.enjoy !!!:cool:

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
MS used to charge some ten thousands Dollar for re-certification on XBox 360, if you wanted to update your game. That charge has been dropped in 2013.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Yup, as I said in the UI thread, hope you are cool with how it is because they aren't going to fix anything for months/years (depending on the platform).

"Please Be Excited! Buy Stern Pinball Arcade!"

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Again, time to step up your game. Look at Zaccaria's fixes, compared to every releaase of one table each month on Pinball Arcade:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/444930/announcements

Heck, it took them 15 minutes to fix one crash!

http://steamcommunity.com/app/444930/discussions/0/358415103478607743/
Holy ****. There really is no excuse then for Farsight to not be updating PC tables. And also updating the flipper physics for all the old tables on mobile, which they said they would do.

Really debating whether to even bother with buying season passes anymore, might just stick with the odd table here or there unless things *vastly* improve.

AnvilCloud

Jun 25, 2016
Holy ****. There really is no excuse then for Farsight to not be updating PC tables. And also updating the flipper physics for all the old tables on mobile, which they said they would do.

Really debating whether to even bother with buying season passes anymore, might just stick with the odd table here or there unless things *vastly* improve.

I totally hear that. Zaccaria Pinball may not have the cool tournament aspect or the newer tables, but they excel at pretty much everything else(at least for android) - editable camera angles, lightness adjustments, even different sound settings that simulate being in an arcade, thunderstorm, etc. Better value for the money. Less buggy. Again this is for android because that's the only platform I have both on.

TPA just feels amateurish from a programming perspective and from a business perspective. Ignoring your fanbase is never, ever a good idea. Can't stand the new UI or the myriad of bugs it unnecessarily brings. Some of my favorite tables now crash after just 5 minutes of play (RBION for one). Might join you in maybe, I stress maybe, getting a table here or there. And I use to buy full seasons at a crack

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Ignoring your fanbase is never, ever a good idea.

How does FarSight ignore the fan base? They are on this forum all the time. They included us in many decisions the first two years of the game. They still value feedback. Ignoring the fan base is not one of their problems. Implementation of ideas, delays, fixing of bugs, certainly. FarSight's biggest issue has more to do the 'eyes being bigger than the stomach', if you know what I mean.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.