Head 2 Head Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

netizen

What channel do I select in chatroom? Surprised it doesn't auto populate from main link

#PinballArcadeFans

You may have to lurk for a while, or join at different times, but once it starts rolling in there ... it can get a bit messy IRC be silly at times

I'm not in chat right now, still doing stuff, will pop in in about an hour or so

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
has anyone gotten it to work non wifi? I have been reading that depending on the provider there could be firewall issues, we may have to restrict it to wifi for now.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
has anyone gotten it to work non wifi? I have been reading that depending on the provider there could be firewall issues, we may have to restrict it to wifi for now.

I'm with Sprint and could never connect with anyone on Head-To-Head over 3G or 4GLTE.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
Hi,
one question :
In this moment I've found (without trying each table), that Attack from Mars has the add. Icon H2H. Any table, too?
But now to the question:
Is this Works as designed, that if I'm waiting in the queue, every few Sec. I see the table load the status of the queue. In this moment the background music drops and the volume goes down to 0

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Hi,
one question :
In this moment I've found (without trying each table), that Attack from Mars has the add. Icon H2H. Any table, too?
But now to the question:
Is this Works as designed, that if I'm waiting in the queue, every few Sec. I see the table load the status of the queue. In this moment the background music drops and the volume goes down to 0

AFM is the only table with the feature available at the moment just for the purposes of Alpha proof-of-concept.

Yes, the BGM does drop each time the H2H feature checks the queue. I think it does this at any point where that "Loading" Toast Notification displays. Think of it like "pausing" the game while the process takes over.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
It will eventually be cross platform but for various reasons management wants to keep it Android while we iron out some of the details. It is very much still in the design phase. =)

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
It will eventually be cross platform but for various reasons management wants to keep it Android while we iron out some of the details. It is very much still in the design phase. =)

That's cool I was more curious as to whether it was possible or even practical.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
It appears that we are indeed going to have to restrict access to wifi only, there are too many firewall issues to figure out in a timely manner. And even if we found a solution it seems from my research that we will still run into issues depending on carrier.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
It appears that we are indeed going to have to restrict access to wifi only, there are too many firewall issues to figure out in a timely manner. And even if we found a solution it seems from my research that we will still run into issues depending on carrier.
What ever happened to head to head? It just disappeared. Emailed support with hope of a formal update.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Official response:

Head to Head still planned, yeah. No other details or announcements at this time, but it's sitll on the roadmap :)

I think overcoming the GSM networking issues will be the biggest hurdle of implementation moving forward.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Locking this thread. Developer to start a new thread once feature is included in app again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts