High Speed Screenshots

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I was looking for a void to fill in my constant request for this table to get released. Now it's confirmed, I can redirect my energies into nagging about release dates. Woo!

Anyone else thinking that this table is essentially confirmation that we'll see The Getaway next season?

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I was looking for a void to fill in my constant request for this table to get released. Now it's confirmed, I can redirect my energies into nagging about release dates. Woo!

Anyone else thinking that this table is essentially confirmation that we'll see The Getaway next season?

Probably. Season 3 will contain (maybe) 3 more Bally games and 2 more Williams (Junk Yard and poll winner).

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Ah, so there's 5 left. Safe to say that the other two tables up for voting will get in next season.

Love that FS lifted their game something severe in creating the S3 tables. Love even more that HS happened to be in the season where they hit their stride :D

night

May 18, 2012
Screenshots look definitely better on my calibrated monitor, less dark than the iPad.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I have never played this table, and I was watching the livestream but... what exactly is the appeal behind this table? The layout nor the rules don't seem particularly interesting.

Perfectly happy to be proved wrong when I play it, but from a spectator's point of view, I didn't see what the fuss was about.

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
I have never played this table, and I was watching the livestream but... what exactly is the appeal behind this table? The layout nor the rules don't seem particularly interesting.

It's a simple, fast flow type of game. The layout of the real pin is fun (well, to me the real one was at least).

If you need deep pinball rules, you can look elsewhere. (This is a 1986 pinball machine after all; honestly the rules were a step up in several ways from the previous Williams hits (Comet and Space Shuttle)).

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
It's not boring but it's not the getaway either. But then again most tables aren't the getaway simply because they are something else entirely.

LanceBoyle

Jul 5, 2013
Lookin' good! Can't wait, so that I finally have an excuse to not play the NES one anymore. lol

...and yeah, it sure is "High" Speed if those points are anything to go by!

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013

Perfectly happy to be proved wrong when I play it, but from a spectator's point of view, I didn't see what the fuss was about.

For its time, High Speed was mindblowing. First game with a progressive jackpot, first game with real flow between multiple flippers, first game with a real music soundtrack, and Williams' first alphanumeric game. It was also ported to an NES cartridge version that exposed it to a much wider audience.

It still predates the deeper rules of games like BK2000 or Funhouse so it doesn't hold up as well for modern play. And of course Getaway eclipses it. But it's absolutely a historical landmark that deserves to be in TPA.

PC.Doctor

Jul 22, 2013
Looks like a decent table, but not a kind I would like to play. I'm just waiting for the end results of the poll for the next table pack for this season (I hope its Williams Diner because that's what I voted for).

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012

It's like Space Invaders or Pacman, but instead of the game speeding up on you, the game relies on the players inability to keep their **** together for that ;)

On any other table that might be considered a bad thing, but on a machine that's been designed to make parking balls as hard as possible, all you have to overcome to get the jackpot is mental. IMO it's the ultimate pinball version of man vs machine.

Pinball machine is all "Hey, all you have to do is hit these 9 targets, then this ramp a few times and the jackpot is yours. Easy!". Enjoy that false sense of security while you can. This game will turn you on yourself damn quickly.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
It's like Space Invaders or Pacman, but instead of the game speeding up on you, the game relies on the players inability to keep their **** together for that ;)

On any other table that might be considered a bad thing, but on a machine that's been designed to make parking balls as hard as possible, all you have to overcome to get the jackpot is mental. IMO it's the ultimate pinball version of man vs machine.

Pinball machine is all "Hey, all you have to do is hit these 9 targets, then this ramp a few times and the jackpot is yours. Easy!". Enjoy that false sense of security while you can. This game will turn you on yourself damn quickly.

HS is a good example of " man vs. machine", but I still think F-14 is the best example.

There's a reason the marketing slogan was "It's fast, it's furious, and it fights back!"

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
F-14 is considerably easier then this game. :)

Also it's only on the getaway that the kickback is supposed to send the ball into the eject hole. it's never happened on high speed.

This is because the left outlane is so evil on getaway they need to make the kickback extra kind when it does go off. A great game can end in one minute if you start having trouble with that giant gaping outlane that you cannot nudge balls out of very easily.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I don't see how F-14 is in ANY WAY easier than HS. I've had a lot of plays on both games (even owned them for a while) and I've managed to get jackpots on HS a lot more frequently. HS also doesn't have as many instant death shots. The kickback is easier to relight on F-14, but the target to relight it can (and probably will) send it down the middle, so it's not even worth going for it. When I had them set up next to each other, everyone who came over went for HS because it wasn't as "unfair".

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts