Historical Fact Of The Day

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
October 11th, 1871
Great Chicago Fire is finally extinguished after 3 days, 300 killed.

fire%20flyer_zpsmimcneqh.jpg

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
I know we can say it’s hard to tell where the actors ended and the real band began.
I DO like their music.

early p.s. dedpop there - yah, comparing them to a motown act, really does make a diff! and -nooooo,- you can't call them "not music" just for that!! :0 absolutely give them that... esp. with all the "neil diamond" stuff lol written for them (and that's a personal "gift" lol for a girl who likes nd ;0)... i'll just hafta give them that one, not like i'm big fans of either! ;)

i hate to do it, cuz i also have a bit of love/hate of monkees - but without em (especially "head"! lookit up! ;0) - there would probably be no wonderful comedy-video bits ala early mtv-style, without em... ;0 mike nesmith of "the monks" created his own little "video ranch" eventually, often co-collided with the myth-legend of "inventing" MTV...

some really brilliant stuff, if you've never gone down that rabbit-hole! ;0 just look up "elephant parts" (one hour or so of that) or "television parts" (i dunno, think maybe only two, three/four parts of that one) - some really funny earlyish eighties comedy and music video fun. :)

Last edited:

invitro

May 4, 2012
early p.s. dedpop there - yah, comparing them to a motown act, really does make a diff!
Well, I don't like the Supremes, the Tempations, or the Four Tops either. ;) For the Monkees, I don't care much for the 1960's Los Angeles sound, e.g., the Wrecking Crew sound. I've tried to...

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
i hate to do it, cuz i also have a bit of love/hate of monkees - but without em (especially "head"! lookit up! ;0) - there would probably be no wonderful comedy-video bits ala early mtv-style, without em... ;0 mike nesmith of "the monks" created his own little "video ranch" eventually, often co-collided with the myth-legend of "inventing" MTV...

some really brilliant stuff, if you've never gone down that rabbit-hole! ;0 just look up "elephant parts" (one hour or so of that) or "television parts" (i dunno, think maybe only two, three/four parts of that one) - some really funny earlyish eighties comedy and music video fun. :)

Cool stuff. :)

no way, is that an old pb based on the chicago fire? kinda awesome, considering how entrenched real pb is in the chi-area... :)

https://www.google.fr/url?sa=t&rct=...id=859&usg=AFQjCNFRdz09c8x2bb9Lt-MS72fe6opjbA

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
October 12th, 1975
Rod Stewart and The Faces play their final show together.

The group's breakup was due to Stewart wanting to further his success with his solo career.

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
October 12th, 1975
Rod Stewart and The Faces play their final show together.

The group's breakup was due to Stewart wanting to further his success with his solo career.

Dear Dedpop, I posted the same video a few months before in the music threat. My favorite performance of Rod. Just amazing!
By the way, if you´re also a fan of Ronnie Lane, I also recommend the collaboration with Pete Townshend on the "rough mix" album. But i guess, you know this album as well.
This is my favorite song from "rough mix":

Last edited:

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Dear Silverball67,
Rough Mix is such a great album and I still think Ronnie Lane remains a underrated songwriter.
Do you know Slim Chance (his post-Faces band) ? I also love his work with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts