How far behind wil we get?

Megahurtz

Dec 26, 2013
So how does this apply to patching the existing tables? At launch in November, Farsight said they had already submitted one (or two?) patches for the PS4 version. I think this came up specifically when people noticed the low sample rate in the audio. They said the first patch was already in the pipeline, but the second one would fix it. Here we are 5 months later and we still haven't seen the first patch which was supposedly already done.

Then when they were streaming BK2000 in February, they said no work had been done on the PS4 version since launch and the programmer was on vacation.

Now it sounds like we won't get a patch until July?

Did Farsight make these patches or not? I'm not sure what to believe.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I don't understand what's going on either. They did say that it was too late to get the audio fixed in the first patch because it was already submitted and that they'd fix the audio in the second patch. Do they realize that the first patch was never posted by Sony?

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
Consider the bit chomped at. Can't wait to play those on PS4.

All this is BS. But money must've been thrown their way (regarding Season 2). Now it's going to be at least Mid-May to just have the first two tables from Season 3. Bad business decisions. I'm out completely, if their gonna screw me and the rest of us I am going to vote with my own wallet. There are still quite a few S1 tables that need better scanned playfields, our sound sucks, etc. After 2 years I have concluded they don't really give that big a whoop about biting off more platforms than they have staff to accomodate. I mean come on the Ouya? That ship has sunk, but I guess nothing else matters even when M$ is behind the PS4 and is continuing to be so. When it comes to money there are no allegiances, no honor and no savvy.

TimRex

Dec 8, 2013
At launch in November, Farsight said they had already submitted one (or two?) patches for the PS4 version. I think this came up specifically when people noticed the low sample rate in the audio. They said the first patch was already in the pipeline, but the second one would fix it. Here we are 5 months later and we still haven't seen the first patch which was supposedly already done.

Then when they were streaming BK2000 in February, they said no work had been done on the PS4 version since launch and the programmer was on vacation.

Now it sounds like we won't get a patch until July?

Did Farsight make these patches or not? I'm not sure what to believe.

I think FS are just hoping we'll all go away. Every time I bring this up on the FB page I get tumbleweeds, it's a complete joke. How this made it past basic QA in the first place just baffles (not just the audio, leaderboards are all kinds of broken as well, other issues have been well documented)

And here I thought a new title on a new platform would be given more that just lip service... silly me.

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
So because of other companies not related to Sony we have no discount purchases of a season unless we wait til all the tables in that season are released? And now we have to wait for the xbox one version to come out so we can buy season two?
Bye then.
I've had enough of this bollocks. First I get the xbox 360 version, back two kickstarter tables, then buy the ps4 version hoping everything is fine, and guess what? It's not fine, it's as bad as it ever was. I've had a bloody belly full of this now. I'm done with this game.

Patty

Banned
Jan 18, 2014
So because of other companies not related to Sony we have no discount purchases of a season unless we wait til all the tables in that season are released? And now we have to wait for the xbox one version to come out so we can buy season two?
Bye then.
I've had enough of this bollocks. First I get the xbox 360 version, back two kickstarter tables, then buy the ps4 version hoping everything is fine, and guess what? It's not fine, it's as bad as it ever was. I've had a bloody belly full of this now. I'm done with this game.

I guess, I´m done with the game, too.
I´s also a question of principles. Well, I recommended the game to many of my friends on the PSN, pretending there will be a patch soon, to make the awful sound far better, a tournament mode, new tables a.s.o...
Now, I´m the moron: They asked me for months, "what about the patch?, what about tournament-mode, what about new tables?" I must tell them now, that i was the fooled one.
But I "won´t get fooled again", friends.
FS seemed to be a sympathic company to me, doing fantastic work. I loved TPA, but i guess that´s history.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
I know it's a b.s. move from MS, but I kinda understand the business side of things. I don't have an Xbox One, only the devices that are listed under my name. However, I know FarSight doesn't want to disappoint there Xbox fans any longer. I know this doesn't have anything to do with PlayStation fans, but it's more so to do with FarSight. You all want tables and such, well FS needs the money to do so even with licenses. They can maximize their profits with MS being back in the mix. I'm not white-knighting for FS, I'm just saying I understand why they may need us to be a bit patient. Yes I'm taking the high and mature road here because I want to scream out all type of obscenities. Still we got to be patient either way it goes.

However, I do hope that this doesn't mean that the Xbox will get tables 30 days ahead of PS and other platforms all the time, because if that's true then all subtlety goes out the window. The rage will be heard. That's a business move that could prove disastrous and possibly lose a lot of fanbase over it.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
If you want to change this kind of business behavior that MS partakes in then you have to refuse to play their game. FarSight should join the many other independent developers and tell MS that they refuse to treat their Playstation customers as second rate customers just for the privilege to sell their game on the One. If FarSight plays the MS game then we need to be clear with FarSight that we won't be buying their tables. That we refuse to let FarSight treat us as anything other than the loyal customers that we have been.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
I guess that's one way to look at it. MS has bullish tactics and sneaky ways to reel folks in, but hey, that's the business. I don't like it myself, but I can't really knock it. The one thing to keep in mind is that while new developers can easily tell MS to screw themselves with their polices, FarSight really can't. What I mean is that FarSight has an established fanbase with MS. FS just can't tell MS they won't be delivering their game on Xbox One when their fans have waited so long for it. New indie developers seems to not want anything to do with that. Although some would have liked to work with MS, but couldn't get past their policies. It's all choice at the end of the day. None of these devs are forced to work with MS. However, if you want your game on a Xbox console, then you must adhere to the stipulations of the clause. It really sucks though.

I'm just giving folks another side to look at. In no way am I willingly defending MS.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I guess I'm just not quite annoyed enough to give up the game because of the delays. Sure Microsoft's and Apple's policies annoy me (and Sony's aren't perfect either) but after having waited a couple years to get the responsive gameplay I've always wanted TPA to have I'm willing to give them a couple more months to get caught up on the table releases. The way STTNG looks and plays (audio aside) gives me hope for the future of the game on PS4.

Feb 19, 2014
No one panic! Tables are coming! Even if it's only Fish Tales and Black Rose, that's still two fine tables making the season 2 wait not as bad.

Now if those don't come in the next week or two then by all means panick away :)

Regarding the month delay. It's a month I mean, it's not the end of the world, but it is ****ty no doubt.

I don't see what ms gets out of this, other than looking like *******s. It's not like somebody's gunna walk into a store and go "gee, if I pay an extra 100$ for an Xbox One I may get graphically inferior versions, but I get them a month early! Oh, sign me right up Microsoft SOLD!". Like. Come on.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I guess that's one way to look at it. MS has bullish tactics and sneaky ways to reel folks in, but hey, that's the business. I don't like it myself, but I can't really knock it. The one thing to keep in mind is that while new developers can easily tell MS to screw themselves with their polices, FarSight really can't. What I mean is that FarSight has an established fanbase with MS. FS just can't tell MS they won't be delivering their game on Xbox One when their fans have waited so long for it. New indie developers seems to not want anything to do with that. Although some would have liked to work with MS, but couldn't get past their policies. It's all choice at the end of the day. None of these devs are forced to work with MS. However, if you want your game on a Xbox console, then you must adhere to the stipulations of the clause. It really sucks though.

I'm just giving folks another side to look at. In no way am I willingly defending MS.

Why can't they say no? Because they sold the first two table packs on the previous generation console? I'm not sure why that means that they can't say no.

No one panic! Tables are coming! Even if it's only Fish Tales and Black Rose, that's still two fine tables making the season 2 wait not as bad.

Now if those don't come in the next week or two then by all means panick away :)

Regarding the month delay. It's a month I mean, it's not the end of the world, but it is ****ty no doubt.

I don't see what ms gets out of this, other than looking like *******s. It's not like somebody's gunna walk into a store and go "gee, if I pay an extra 100$ for an Xbox One I may get graphically inferior versions, but I get them a month early! Oh, sign me right up Microsoft SOLD!". Like. Come on.

The month delay has nothing to do with it. Treating me like a second class customer has everything to do with it. I've purchased every table and ball pack that I can for the PS3 and PS4 and now they're telling me to go screw off in the corner! I'm worth more than that. I'm worth being treated the same as the rest of their customers.

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
Ms treated pinball Arcade like ****e, when it was released and look how things turned out. This is a massive kick in the knacker sack.

amv71

Feb 29, 2012
Difficult as it is (I was burnt by the whole 360 mess), the way I look at it is this - if FS exited the XBone market, it'd mean less overall sales. And that hits everyone, irrespective of your chosen platform. So while the delay adds yet more frustration to my current choice of which platform to start all over again on (I'm mainly a 360 player), I'm waiting and hoping for eventual platform parity. But, still, damn....

GregoroV

Jan 14, 2014
Meany big developers were screwed by MS, because their despotic rule of publishing the same day on other platforms, or with temporarly exclusivity. Truth is that FS is small so get bulled by MS in to this BS. They cant afford to loose MS platforms to publish.
This whole situation is complitly MS foult, but could we have please patch adding 3d on ps4, and bug fixes? :)

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I don't understand what's going on either. They did say that it was too late to get the audio fixed in the first patch because it was already submitted and that they'd fix the audio in the second patch. Do they realize that the first patch was never posted by Sony?

I went and tried asking about this on Facebook, but although their FB guy answered posts just before and after mine, he didn't respond to this one.

The Great Cornholio

Apr 5, 2014
I am a pinball addict and I have bought every available table on ios, xbox 360 and ps4 and I will continue to buy them in the future. But let's face it. The Pinball Arcade is a must-have product in the hands of a lousy company. There is so much room for improvement. Nearly everything seems very unprofessional. Marketing and CRM are a joke, Quality Management is not existing. How could they not find some obvious bugs like the subpar audio on PS4, that every customer realized the moment he started the game. Not to mention some of the other bugs that plague some tables for many months. They had a chance to build a large fanbase at a time when not so many other games were available on ps4 marketplace, but they totally screwed it. Reminds me of the time when I waited for Xbox-DLC to arrive. Nevertheless I enjoy playing most of the tables, but I stopped recommending the product.

At last my wishes for future dlc, that I haven't read on the board:
Pro Upgrades for CFTBL, MB and TOM. Particularly MB would improve by the pro treatment, when you could set harder difficulty settings.
Simultaneous nudging on both sticks of the PS4 controller, so you could nudge left with your left thumb and nudge right with your right thumb.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.