How far behind wil we get?

Patty

Banned
Jan 18, 2014
No game or DLC gets released on Mondays. It's Tuesday in NA and usually Wednesday in Europe. Haven't folks caught onto this by now? Once in awhile Fridays for a special release.

Sorry, but we in Europe get our updates and DLCs usually on Tuesday, not on Wednesday. Same with the last updates and DLCs for BF4 (always tuesday).

bluenose79

Mar 1, 2013
This is the response I got back from Farsight

We're actually completely done with the new pack on PS4, we gave it to PSN EU a couple weeks ago, and are just waiting on them to tell us when they're going to release it...

Patty

Banned
Jan 18, 2014
Hmmm...well Patty must have an agreement with both FS and Sony for when updates come. :p

Well, it seems, that Patty is getting no update or new tables at all. It´s wednesday and there is absolutely nothing. On the other hand, the community may laugh, but in my memory the BF4 DLC´s got released on tuesday.
But maybe, I´m getting dement, is my memory still serving me well? So i believe the community: My fault, updates and DLC´s in EU always tuesday. O.K.

Last edited:

Rudy hates me

Jan 13, 2014
Well, it seems, that Patty is getting no update or new tables at all. It´s wednesday and there is absolutely nothing. On the other hand, the community may laugh, but in my memory the BF4 DLC´s got released on tuesday.
But maybe, I´m getting dement, is my memory still serving me well? So i believe the community: My fault, updates and DLC´s in EU always tuesday. O.K.

No, Wednesday.

Officially no new tables for us this week, so the doors are open for complaining. Personally I don't think is worth raising your blood pressure over. Sure it's disappointing, but the tables will come, and in the mean time, there's more to life than TPA :D

Patty

Banned
Jan 18, 2014
No, Wednesday.

Officially no new tables for us this week, so the doors are open for complaining. Personally I don't think is worth raising your blood pressure over. Sure it's disappointing, but the tables will come, and in the mean time, there's more to life than TPA :D

Well, you´re right. I´ve got to watch my blood pressure. And of course, there´s more to live for, than TPA. But I must say, that I´m angry and frustrated. Even these are the last days of my eastern-holiday, with a lot of time to play, and to complain :). As I mentioned in another post, I´ve just spend my last Euros from PSN to new tables-sets from Zen-Pinball. If they let us wait, we should let FS wait. I promise, not to buy the new tables next week. I will not support this kind of policy from FS. I will donate my money for other things now, maybe a fine bottle of wine, which is also good for my blood pressure.

Last edited:

Megahurtz

Dec 26, 2013
I asked about a date for the next PS4 patch and if the audio issues would be fixed during the Junkyard stream. They didn't mention any date, said they thought the audio was something simple to fix, but it was a more complicated problem than they initially thought it was. The audio is the main focus of whoever is handling their PS4 stuff right now. No estimate given for a fix.

Warped Trekker

Dec 26, 2013
What actually did they do with the audio that it would be hard to fix? It's ripped audio from the ROM's. They create different sample sets for mobile devices and another set for the consoles. So all that's needed is replace the sound samples. More than likely, they want to wait to fix a lot of stuff at once, due to the high price they have to pay Sony to push out patches.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
What actually did they do with the audio that it would be hard to fix? It's ripped audio from the ROM's. They create different sample sets for mobile devices and another set for the consoles. So all that's needed is replace the sound samples. More than likely, they want to wait to fix a lot of stuff at once, due to the high price they have to pay Sony to push out patches.

Farsight's complete silence on the issue is worrying.

By your reasoning, it would have been included with the Fish Tales/Black Rose update.

Fact is PBA is a CPU intensive game, and we all know the weak link of the next gen consoles is the CPU. If you look at the Beta of PS4 that was included on demo units of PS4 prior to the system launching and even on some machines today, Cirqus Voltaire had some significant slowdown at times. That slowdown is completely (well 99%) gone on the release, could it be they downgraded the sound for that reason?

I know it sounds ludicrous, but you never know. I mean, wouldn't Farsight have at least responded by now? I've even sent emails and PM's, nothing. It's odd.

IF Xbox One has downgraded sound as well then I think that will answer this, because it's got the same CPU as PS4 just with less cores devoted to gaming (and a slight upclock 1.75GHZ vs. 1.6GHz).

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Since Farsight has admitted the sound problem was just a mistake, it's safe to assume it's not at all related to the CPU.

May 9, 2014
Hello there! I am new to the forums. I have played Infamous: SS and the audio quality is quite high and so are the quality of graphics. I know it's unfair to compare a Sony 1st party offering so perhaps their build for the PS4 isn't suited for 8 core processing? Or maybe they're stretched too thin? I love the tables by the way, but yes the correct sound files we need.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Hello there! I am new to the forums. I have played Infamous: SS and the audio quality is quite high and so are the quality of graphics. I know it's unfair to compare a Sony 1st party offering so perhaps their build for the PS4 isn't suited for 8 core processing? Or maybe they're stretched too thin? I love the tables by the way, but yes the correct sound files we need.
You're not new; you're Kemetman72 come back. Goodbye again.

NeedleBanger

Dec 10, 2013
Ya this is just stupid. If our only option is to buy the single released tables for $6 each (or whatever) I know I won't be buying anything. The wait for season 2 is ridiculous. What is going on with this industry?!

Espy

Sep 9, 2013

Reminded me of an interesting fact I heard from a Microsoft Games hardware developer (no insider connection, this was when I was at university).

Apparently one of the PS3's eight cores is completely unusable, but they never got round to removing it. Another is reserved for some menial purpose, so it's only really a six-core processor.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
Reminded me of an interesting fact I heard from a Microsoft Games hardware developer (no insider connection, this was when I was at university).

Apparently one of the PS3's eight cores is completely unusable, but they never got round to removing it. Another is reserved for some menial purpose, so it's only really a six-core processor.

Yeah I'll take that one with a grain of salt. Of course Microsoft would say that.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Yeah I'll take that one with a grain of salt. Of course Microsoft would say that.

It wasn't an official Microsoft event, it was an informal chat with a guy that happened to work in that area with him. And had worked for Sony in performance optimisation for various games in the past. I believed him. It may have changed for PS4.

*edit* This backs up half my claim, at least: http://www.dailytech.com/IBM+Says+Its+Lucky+to+Get+10+to+20+Yields+on+Cell+Processor/article3295.htm

For the other half, my memory is sketchy on what exactly he said, so I'll leave that part.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts