Instructions: Receiving a Credit on Purchases of Season Two Individual Table Packs

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Yeah, I got a reply as well. Looks like it's only valid for iOS, Android and Kindle (they want Apple, Google and Amazon receipts). Also, it can only be used for table purchases, ball purchases and future season pass credit, I'm guessing on the same platform.

Oh well, I'm not getting it if that's the case. If I could've applied it towards the PC version and added the PS3 purchases to that, I would do it (on both PS3 and iOS). But as it is, I don't see the benefit.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Well, I got an update that says YES, you CAN use the credit for the forthcoming PC version!

But still , only iOS and Androids have credit - nothing on the PS3.

fenderbendr

Dec 1, 2012
So what happens when you want to buy just TOM and RBION when you already have BH and TOTAN? It won't let me buy them individually anymore. I remember before this new profit structure that Theater was $2.99 and RBION was $3.99. So if I want just those two tables, I have to buy the "other 3 pack" for $8.99. It makes no sense. Same thing goes for the other season one tables. If I want to buy just BOP and I already own MM, I have to buy the "table pack" for $4.99.

Is there any workaround for this? Would Farsight be able to give me a credit?

I'm not trying to bash them for this, as I will continue to buy all the new table packs they put out. I'm just not sure you're not able to buy a single table out of a pack if you already own the other one.

Does anyone know what I should do?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
So what happens when you want to buy just TOM and RBION when you already have BH and TOTAN? It won't let me buy them individually anymore. I remember before this new profit structure that Theater was $2.99 and RBION was $3.99. So if I want just those two tables, I have to buy the "other 3 pack" for $8.99. It makes no sense. Same thing goes for the other season one tables. If I want to buy just BOP and I already own MM, I have to buy the "table pack" for $4.99.

Is there any workaround for this? Would Farsight be able to give me a credit?

I'm not trying to bash them for this, as I will continue to buy all the new table packs they put out. I'm just not sure you're not able to buy a single table out of a pack if you already own the other one.

Does anyone know what I should do?

This is out of scope for the offer described in this thread.

You may want to start a new thread, or search for a similar thread and weigh in on that.

I seem to remember there is a thread in the General forum that discussed this very issue.

fenderbendr

Dec 1, 2012
This is out of scope for the offer described in this thread.

You may want to start a new thread, or search for a similar thread and weigh in on that.

I seem to remember there is a thread in the General forum that discussed this very issue.
Ok, I'll do that.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
What I wish is if there was one single consistent message - right now it looks like their support inbox is overloaded because everyone has questions but there aren't any answers, making everyone rather frustrated.

Things like which platform purchases are eligible - of the responses I see, iOS and Android (Google or Amazon) count. PS3s don't (I'm guessing because there's no update yet?).
Or what you can use the credit on - Season 3, previous tables and pro packs from Season 1, and custom ball skins. And it looks like the PC version when it comes out. No idea if you can use the credit to buy tables on other platforms - e.g., PS3, Xbox (until they stopped), iOS, Android, etc.

Just a simple concise message - because it's very ad-hoc at the moment. And I'm sure the support guys are probably a bit frustrated because they're copying-and-pasting the same answer to hundreds or thousands of emails. And answering the same question over and over again. When it could be posted on a web site and thus answering questions as they come up once, rather than hundreds/thousands of time.

N

netizen

Just a simple concise message - because it's very ad-hoc at the moment. And I'm sure the support guys are probably a bit frustrated because they're copying-and-pasting the same answer to hundreds or thousands of emails. And answering the same question over and over again. When it could be posted on a web site and thus answering questions as they come up once, rather than hundreds/thousands of time.

Given this issue and the way it is being handled it is, perhaps, time to resurrect Jared's older thread about the manner in which FS has deployed their social networking communications methods.

To save everyone who doesn't want to click the feelings if being left out, the TL;DR is FS needs a portal/blog to post updates on. From there they can centre their social networking updates by posting on networks and having links to point back to the blog.
Facebook is handy, but it is hard to control the message in that environment, Twitter even more so.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I received an email last Tuesday indicating that "Yes" I can use my credit towards some Season 1 Pro upgrades and asked me which upgrades I wanted. I responded the same day. I received another email on Friday asking me the same question. So it seems that their email inbox system is disjointed.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
You have to remember how small FS is. They can quickly become backed up with requests. As a consumer you have to try to not get frustrated and balance the patience/persistence teeter totter of communication.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
You have to remember how small FS is. They can quickly become backed up with requests. As a consumer you have to try to not get frustrated and balance the patience/persistence teeter totter of communication.

I wish they had two emails for support. One for customer service and one for techinical assistance. It might help keep things sorted out.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I requested to purchase Pro ugrades with my credit and FS unlocked them for me today. :)

Worf

Aug 12, 2012

Which is why they need a portal or blog or something where they can post definitive information. Because the last thing you need to do is back up your support queue with everyone asking the same question over and over again.

I'm sure whoever handles support is flooded with people asking the same question - along the lines of "how do you get credit for table packs 11, 12, 13". That is not something you want to burden support with - that is something you post on your web site along with details on everything and frequently asked questions. Thus support is now free to actually handle support and credit requests, and not have to deal with hundreds/thousands of people asking the same question.

Just to recap from my conversations with support:

Right now, iOS and Android - credit may be obtained for previous purchases of Table Packs 11, 12 and/or 13 AND Season 2.
PS3 credit will be obtainable once the PS3 version is released (at least, it's expected) with support for Season 2.

Credit may be applied for Season 1 tables, future Season 3 tables or season pass, custom ball skins, pro upgrades to tables you have, including a pro upgrade to season 1. It appears that you can apply the credit towards anything on any platform (so you can buy Android tables with iOS credit, for example)

Credit that you want to apply to FUTURE purchases, e.g., Season 3, PC versions, etc - you should indicate in your email claiming credit what you want it to be used for. When the item you want comes out, you MUST email support again to request the credit be applied.

Details they need include proof of purchase of table packs, which table packs you bought, which version (pro or regular), your farsight account, your Google or iOS account email, and what you want to use the credit for.

Hopefully this answers everyone's questions... and provides a more definitive update.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Which is why they need a portal or blog or something where they can post definitive information. Because the last thing you need to do is back up your support queue with everyone asking the same question over and over again.

I'm sure whoever handles support is flooded with people asking the same question - along the lines of "how do you get credit for table packs 11, 12, 13". That is not something you want to burden support with - that is something you post on your web site along with details on everything and frequently asked questions. Thus support is now free to actually handle support and credit requests, and not have to deal with hundreds/thousands of people asking the same question.

+1

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Sorry if it has been answered but I haven't seen it.
So what happens for the people who instantly bought table pack 14 and every other pack before it. I purchase as soon as it comes out. Then I saw the info about seasons and a discount. So what about those people? Out of luck? Will we get a credit for 4 table packs, or just sorry tough shi_. I sure hope not or I will just be a little miffed.

Anybody know?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Sorry if it has been answered but I haven't seen it.
So what happens for the people who instantly bought table pack 14 and every other pack before it. I purchase as soon as it comes out. Then I saw the info about seasons and a discount. So what about those people? Out of luck? Will we get a credit for 4 table packs, or just sorry tough shi_. I sure hope not or I will just be a little miffed.

Anybody know?

You need to contact them directly to get an answer to that. I would encourage you to do so.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts