Bug iOS Version 1.1.8 Bugs & Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Not sure whether it can be classified as a bug, but Elvira on iOS5 4S looks a little too contrasty (if that makes sense).

And I don't know if it's just me, but the ramps on CFTBL are less transparent (or something) and makes making shots a whole lot harder to aim for.

Everything else seems a lot better, though. But I noticed there wasn't a download for MM. Should I delete the table via iExplorer and re-download it? The lighting seems a little flat and there's definitely some finer details missing (like lights around the castle not flashing when you destroy it, for example).

Okay, can verify this 100%: Completely lost my goals on all the tables that were updated. Kept them on MM, but definitely don't have any on BoP or any of the others. Very weird, considering that nothing should've been overwritten. Could it be that the pba.dat (score) file is pointing to the old tables and hasn't been updated?

Last edited:

Lucabery

Sep 17, 2012
After updating to the newest version of TPA I can't even start a single table!

I'm using an iPod Touch 4s w/ iOS 6.0. It shows me the tables, but as soon as I pick one it dumps me out the to iOS menu.
I tried restarting and nothing works. I wish I could just load the last version back since I would at least like to be able to play the tables I paid for.

I'm not as pissed off as I could/should be as I prefer playing it on the PS3, but if this were my only way of playing TPA I would be a bit irate.

me too!
what can we do?

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
4 new tables to play this weekend! Stupid work getting in the way of my immediate satisfaction.

haj

Sep 28, 2012
New tables are very nice! tho they have some bugs like others reported.
Man, I love pinball arcade!:eek: Now please overhaul table selection menu for easier and quicker selection. It's also kind of cumbersome to have to click twice to start a game. But I love this game!

Björn Wessman

Sep 4, 2012
Didn't think it was possible but circus voltaire is actually an even bigger mess after the update. Got a ball 1 locked without even locking it and after a real lock, the camera won't zoom to the plunger. Ball moves in slow motion. Completely unplayable.

On a general note I'd like a different/faster way of selecting tables. There's a lot of them now and I would prefer a vertical scrollable list instead.

All four new tables seems solid. I haven't discovered any real bugs so far, after maybe 3-4 plays on each.

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
Tiny UI Bug:
When you scroll L to R (HD to EATPM) it shows EATPM as a Stern table.
However, scroll R to L (NGG to EATPM) and all is fine.
EATPM Seems the only table affected by this.

Close, but not quite what's happening. The real issue is that the Elvira table doesn't have any brand/logo associated with it, so it simply shows whichever one was previously visible. It's not a Stern table, of course, but Williams is not correct either. It should say Bally. (Notice 'Bally' does appear on the cabinet art.)

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
Didn't think it was possible but circus voltaire is actually an even bigger mess after the update. Got a ball 1 locked without even locking it and after a real lock, the camera won't zoom to the plunger. Ball moves in slow motion. Completely unplayable.

I'm not seeing the slow motion thing, but I've experienced the other two bugs (mentioned earlier in this thread).

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
It's a bug but not a biggie :) on EATPM when you finish a game with a high score the DMD will prompt you to enter your initials. Don't! When the "enter your initials" box comes up it will automatically enter the letter you had selected, then you have to delete it and re-enter that letter.

I've been playing all 4 new tables over the last 3 hours and that's my biggest complaint!

Bravo Farsight :)

Surf1der

May 22, 2012
Just played No Good Gofers. It is fun but very hard to keep track of the pinball, particularly during multiball. Do the balls even roll? I think they need better lighting effects and reflections so you can track the ball easier.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
BK freezes and the screen turns black when changing from camera 4 to camera 1 in landscape mode.

multivit

Jul 4, 2012
Iwas able to buy table pack 6 but unable to buy pack 5 on iphone 4s or ipad 3, ios 6 . when I agree to the in-app purchase it continues af f I had not bought the pack...

plus the standard goals I have achieved in several tables before game center support are still ignored in game center (and I cannot reach them again they are already all ticked off)... :(

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
New tables downloaded, and got to say, first dlc i like all tables, fantastic addon.

But, my icon is still white, which is annoying me. Small problem for normal people, but for me its something i want fixed asap, please.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
New tables downloaded, and got to say, first dlc i like all tables, fantastic addon.

But, my icon is still white, which is annoying me. Small problem for normal people, but for me its something i want fixed asap, please.

Restarting your device normally fixes this.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
plus the standard goals I have achieved in several tables before game center support are still ignored in game center (and I cannot reach them again they are already all ticked off)... :(

This happens to me too, the achievements I didn't get (when I should have) on the last version aren't triggering retroactively. I know this is possible because Angry Birds gave me 10-20 achievements at once after the Game Center update when I launched the game.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Somebody been waxing the Taxi playfield? seems like they must have tweaked the engine somehow cos its really fast without being choppy, so smooth. ( ipad 3 )

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
Black Hole is definitely better. The issue where the glass over the lower playfield stays "open" (hidden) after returning to the main playfield is fixed. Not seeing any camera issues anymore either. It's reliably zooming in during multiball only when all the remaining balls are in the bottom playfield, and zooming out whenever one or more balls returns to the main playfield. This is actually the first time I've ever experienced the mindbending chaos of playing on both playfields at once (since it used to stay zoomed in, causing you to lose any balls that returned to the top level).

Were there some rule changes in the scripting for this table too? A couple things seem different. The captive ball on the main playfield now releases every time the ball drains (or did it do that before?).

Anyway, thumbs up for Black Hole.

there were a ton of BH changes. i noticed the following:
- can no longer stack extra balls at all. 1 is the limit.
- gate in lower play field stays open permanently (per trip) once it's opened
- all the multiball fixes you noticed
- there's now a spring mechanism or something in the lower playfield where the ball comes in, wasn't there before. (just graphics)

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
Somebody been waxing the Taxi playfield? seems like they must have tweaked the engine somehow cos its really fast without being choppy, so smooth. ( ipad 3 )

haha, yeah, Taxi on PHOF is like playing under water compared to this incarnation. the newer one is far more realistic.

pacreis

Jun 8, 2012

Have the same problem with the icon. Restarting did not fix. Am not in the mood to reinstall again, so i'll wait.

Try changing to another language in iOS in general than revert back to your original language. That fixed it for me last time it happen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online