Bug iOS Version 1.2.3 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

immortalmindz

Jul 29, 2012
Device/OS: ipad 3 latest OS

Game:AFM

Bug Description:Ball straight through mother ship hole, straight through stroke of luck, ball through right side of playfield into shooter lane

Steps To Reproduce:Balls were shot hard from flipper, not in multi ball either

Frequency: Has only happened once so far on each occurence

Additional Comments:not game breaking apart from the shot through the mothership hole, which lead to the ball being stuck out of sight, calling attendant did not work. Couple of nudges ball finally appeared coming down the lock lane.

Jay

May 19, 2012
Device/OS: iOS and Mac

Bug Description: if the ball doesn't make it out of the plunger lane and rolls back, you can pull back the plunger and make contact with the ball when the ball is nearly halfway up the lane.

Steps To Reproduce: Wait for the ball to return, bounce off the plunger and roll back up the lane, then plunge

Frequency: every time, on every game with a plunger and full lane

Additional Comments: I've noticed this for the past few versions.

Butiagp

Nov 8, 2012
Device/OS: iPad 2 iOS 5.1.1

Bug Description: the app crash when you load any table and press the setup button

Steps To Reproduce: load any table and press the setup button

Frequency: always

Craig Grannell

Sep 30, 2012
Device/OS: iPad 3 ('The new iPad')/iOS 6.0.1

Bug Description: iCade support doesn't work.

Steps To Reproduce: Ensure iCade or iCade-compatible device is connected via Bluetooth. Confirm working by testing on other games. Launch Pinball Arcade 'clean' or from background, in portrait or landscape.

Frequency: Always

pinbot

Aug 12, 2012
Unless Farsight decides to create a newer version of the app that drops support for iphone 3GS and iPad 1 (maybe 2 as well) that's not going to change.

why is that? there are other tables with transparent ramps.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
why is that? there are other tables with transparent ramps.

They haven't gone into detail beyond stating it's performance-related, so I can only guess it might have something to do with the moving table elements using more resource so that play would suffer if they were also doing transparency effects. Without knowing anything about the No Good Gofers hardware it could also just be more demanding to emulate the chipset for that table and translucent ramps must be the tipping point resource-wise.

I'm sure it would work fine on newer devices, but since they strive for backwards compatibility with 3GS iPhones and 1st gen iPads, that's going to be the limiting factor. I think it's great they can run the Pinball Arcade on older stuff that a lot of other game developers have already abandoned, but if they start doing newer machines I suspect eventually they'll have to make a choice between splitting the app or skipping table releases for iOS.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Device/OS: iPod touch 3/ iOS 5.1.1

Bug Description: http://imgur.com/J9r8sgL

Steps To Reproduce: Start a game of Genie

Frequency: Always, in landscape as well as portrait.

Additional Comments: Only happens in Genie

Last edited:

pinbot

Aug 12, 2012
They haven't gone into detail beyond stating it's performance-related, so I can only guess it might have something to do with the moving table elements using more resource so that play would suffer if they were also doing transparency effects. Without knowing anything about the No Good Gofers hardware it could also just be more demanding to emulate the chipset for that table and translucent ramps must be the tipping point resource-wise.

I'm sure it would work fine on newer devices, but since they strive for backwards compatibility with 3GS iPhones and 1st gen iPads, that's going to be the limiting factor. I think it's great they can run the Pinball Arcade on older stuff that a lot of other game developers have already abandoned, but if they start doing newer machines I suspect eventually they'll have to make a choice between splitting the app or skipping table releases for iOS.

Ok. Thanks for that. I really didn't know it was a performance resource thing. I wish i would have known that so i wouldn't have been waiting for the change with each release. Totally reasonable if that is the case. I do appreciate that most of the tables really do run well on my first gen ipad.
I am extremely impressed with AFM. If only all of the tables could run that well, this would be an even more unbelievable package of games. As is there are incredible achievements and disappointing performance issues. Hard for someone like me to know though how much is due to the limitations of the hardware. Where did you read that? Was it on their site?

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Where did you read that? Was it on their site?

There are a number of forum posters who are beta testers and a couple of them have mentioned this in the past because it's quite noticeable and people were questioning the blue colour of those ramps as well. Console versions have the blue transparent, so it's another reason I'm looking forward to the Wii U release.

I find the table quite playable myself, but I agree I'd like to see the parts of the playfield being obscured.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Maybe they could try making just the bottom portion transparent? Not an ideal solution, but at least you could see the outlanes better.

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
Device/OS: iOS

Bug Description: Table Exploration in AFM Pro won't scroll over the table surface. In either portrait or landscape, I can't zoom in on the table's surface, or scroll toward the backglass. Indeed, in portrait, I can only see the coin door on the front of the table.

Steps To Reproduce: Enter Table Exploration mode on AFM Pro.

Frequency: Seems like always.

Additional Comments:

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Maybe they could try making just the bottom portion transparent? Not an ideal solution, but at least you could see the outlanes better.

Or given how transparent clear ramps are OK on all the other tables, offer a "realistic, but opaque blue" or "unrealistic, but visible clear" ramps option...

Craig Grannell

Sep 30, 2012
I'm sure it would work fine on newer devices, but since they strive for backwards compatibility with 3GS iPhones and 1st gen iPads, that's going to be the limiting factor.
Although they should be able to detect a device and output graphics accordingly. There are tons of games on iOS that anti-alias only on new devices, or reduce textures/shadows on older devices. An obvious split point would be any retina display, given the relative grunt of the iPhone 4+ and iPad 3+.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
Device/OS: iOS

Bug Description: Table Exploration in AFM Pro won't scroll over the table surface. In either portrait or landscape, I can't zoom in on the table's surface, or scroll toward the backglass. Indeed, in portrait, I can only see the coin door on the front of the table.

Steps To Reproduce: Enter Table Exploration mode on AFM Pro.

Frequency: Seems like always.

Additional Comments:

Wasn't that the bug, that was related to having a locked camera selected in play mode? If you unlock the camera first, then start table exploration, does it work?

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Although they should be able to detect a device and output graphics accordingly. There are tons of games on iOS that anti-alias only on new devices, or reduce textures/shadows on older devices. An obvious split point would be any retina display, given the relative grunt of the iPhone 4+ and iPad 3+.

In fact, TPA itself place no reflection on the balls when played on an iPod, but reflect like crazy on iPads.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Or given how transparent clear ramps are OK on all the other tables, offer a "realistic, but opaque blue" or "unrealistic, but visible clear" ramps option...

True and there is a big transparent ramp in the centre - I dunno, there must be some technical reason for it - I cannot imagine they'd do it just to annoy people...

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
True and there is a big transparent ramp in the centre - I dunno, there must be some technical reason for it - I cannot imagine they'd do it just to annoy people...
It has to do with the amount of transparent surface area. No Good Gofers in addition to the ramps has the big transparent upper playfield. If both the ramps and the upper playfield were transparent, I assume it would be too much for older devices.

I still wish they would cut transparent "holes" in the ramps above the outlane entrances and upper flipper so we could see what was going on, though.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Device/OS: iPad 3 & iPhone 5/iOS 6.0.1

Bug Description: AFM Pro Version Table Exploration is broken and will not scroll over the table (zoom works however) front to back. Left & right panning works but front to back panning does not. The Table Exploration view is fixed at the table's front (coin door area).

Steps To Reproduce: Use Table Exploration mode on AFM (Pro Version)

Frequency: Always (or every time I've tried it)

Additional Comments:

Last edited:
N

netizen

Device/OS: iPad 3 & iPhone 5/iOS 6.0.1

Bug Description: AFM Pro Version Table Exploration is broken and will not scroll over the table (zoom works however) front to back. Left & right panning works but front to back panning does not. The Table Exploration view is fixed at the table's front (coin door area).

Steps To Reproduce: Use Table Exploration mode on AFM (Pro Version)

Frequency: Always (or every time I've tried it)

Additional Comments:

you needed to see this
Wasn't that the bug, that was related to having a locked camera selected in play mode? If you unlock the camera first, then start table exploration, does it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.