iOS Version 1.2.3 Feedback And Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcflup

May 19, 2012
Minor complaints about attack:

Kickout is a little slow. On a real machine it blasts out that hole very quickly.

Flipper rubber could be a bit bouncier. It feels a little dull here like old worn flippers.

Agree on both points.

I realize that individual machines differ but in comparison to my RL AFM I have noticed the following:

The jet bumpers are crap! On my machine I get a lot more action in the jets than in TPA especially when the ball goes down the LH rollover; quite often it doesn't fire a single jet and just rolls out! Bearing in mind that my AFM is running the home rom which specifically tones down the jets from the insane arcade experience.

I've had to give up on the cows, most times I fumble for the launch button I drain.

It might just be me but in RL I can hit the ('light lock' - 'lock') combo all day long I'm really struggling to hit the locks at all in TPA.

Occasionally when shooting the left orbit the ball seems to collide with the protruding martian hand 'above' the orbit exit at the right and upsets its path.

Last edited:

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
The portrait mode interface ( with fixed touch buttons) is MUCH improved... Well it's usable now :rolleyes: so good job.

As a pinball newbie, what do people mean by 'improved physics'? Did they modify the gravity, speed of the ball, or what? :confused:

tyche

Oct 6, 2012
Genie and AFM have to be the best 2 table release yet. Bugs seem to be way down as well compared to the last few updates.

Both play great, highly recommended tables.

fenderbendr

Dec 1, 2012
Is anybody else having a hard time getting the super jets goal? The most hits I've gotten was about 30. The ball seems to go right through them when it gets up there.

Others than that, I'm really loving AFM and Genie.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
It might just be me but in RL I can hit the ('light lock' - 'lock') combo all day long I'm really struggling to hit the locks at all in TPA.

Yes. I found that at first too. It has gotten easier to judge it after a few games but still not to the same degree as I had with my old AFM machine.

Occasionally when shooting the left orbit the ball seems to collide with the protruding martian hand 'above' the orbit exit at the right and upsets its path.

That was noted and reported by a couple of us during beta testing. They fixed a lot of the things we found but not that one it seems. Good to have it reported by someone who currently owns an AFM though. I was working off memory.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Is anybody else having a hard time getting the super jets goal? The most hits I've gotten was about 30. The ball seems to go right through them when it gets up there.

Others than that, I'm really loving AFM and Genie.

yeah - the bumpers don't seem sensitive enough. The jets goal is harder than it should be. I'm playing a real AFM table tomorrow so will get to compare. The right orbit also sometimes deflects the ball right into the middle which has been reported and confirmed by FR and will hopefully be fixed soon (this is my main complaint about the table).

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The lock shot is a little tougher than the AFM I play, but not so far off that I would complain about it.
I agree the kickout is a little slow, but after a dead pass it ends up on the right flipper just the like the real one I play. So I'm Ok with that too.
The super jets goal does seem a little too difficult. It's not something I really pay a lot of attention to on the real machine, so I'm not sure about this one.

pinbot

Aug 12, 2012
New problem: all previous tables suck compared to AFM

That is how you do pinball physics baby! Hopefully the others can be improved to this level.

SquareWire

May 31, 2012
I have to say, AFM is absolutely amazing, almost perfect. New physics are just brilliant! I think farshight is finally getting there... Been playing with it for a couple of hours and couldn't find any bugs. Well done!

The super jets goal does seem a little too difficult.
I think it should have been a wizard goal, I also find it very challenging.

Last edited:

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
New problem: all previous tables suck compared to AFM

That is how you do pinball physics baby! Hopefully the others can be improved to this level.
I played a quick game of ToM as I was restoring all the tables to my iPad, and the difference in quality was vast. I would say that the last 3 table packs (AFM, STTNG, TZ) have all been a big step up in quality on what was released before.

I would love them to rework the lighting effects (flashers mainly) on ToM and TotAN to bring them up to the new standard.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
liking the new updates

preformance seems improbed overall on ipad 1 or is that just me even afms improved lighting etc

why did you make me buy more tables? *weeps*

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Does table exploration mode work properly for anyone? All I can do is get a close up of the coin door.

PS Garek

Dec 25, 2012
Great, just great. The physics are the best they've been and both tables are represented very well. Having recently played a Genie I can confirm that it is a "floaty" game.

AFM is one of my all time favorites so I'm very happy to see it here.

Mattc

Dec 22, 2012
Almost every time to i get to the end of the 2 new tables, all the buy now/ quit table options are unclickable and have to end TPA with a hard reset.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Shouldn't the back wall in AFM have a decal of a city skyline??

playfield_upper.jpg

Tony C

Feb 20, 2012
I mean. Honestly like. Wow.

This table really defines the term wide body. It's HUGE! And the way it's designed it just, well IMO it at least gives the illusion that its wider than TZ and STTNG , even though technically they are the same size. So strange.

Honestly I've never played a wide body ever, when I heard about them THIS is what I was imagining in my head, whereas STTNG and TZ just felt like regular sized machines to me...

And this is a freaking EM. Imagine a design similar to this, but more modern.

Genie really turned my world upside down regarding EMs. I like this better than half the modern tables so far.

Mark, Genie is a SS machine. It has a very EM feel about it, though. I wish it had EM chimes since I prefer that over beeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.